2. Vinegar Steam
Steam helps thin and loosen mucus to clear your airway and makes it easier for you to breathe. The steam also moisturizes and soothes swollen sinus tissue.
Combined with the anti-inflammatory properties of ACV, this steam treatment is the perfect non-invasive treatment for instant relief.
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of ACV
- A towel
- A small saucepan
- Mix the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until it gets steamy.
- Pour the water into a large bowl.
- Lean your face over the bowl and place towel over your head. This will keep the steam around your head and relieve your symptoms.
3. Sweet ACV
Viruses cause 90 – 98% of acute sinusitis cases, although bacterial and fungal infection may also cause the condition (3). While ACV can fight them on its own, vinegar and honey have been used as a combined treatment for hundreds of years .
Honey boosts the immune system to fight off infection and promote the healing of sore and inflamed nasal and sinus tissue. Just like it repairs intestinal mucosa, honey heals the tissues lining your sinuses to prevent future infection (4).
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 8 oz. of hot water
- Combine all the ingredients and make sure to inhale the steam as your drink.