By now, you probably already know that Apple Cider Vinegar is a true lifesaver. Whether it be used to flavor salads, clean the home or treat illness, raw organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar is much safer and just as effective. If you experience sinus headaches and congestion, drop the decongestant spray and pills and grab a spoonful of vinegar instead!
1. Minimalist ACV Drink
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains vitamins B1, B2, and B6; biotin; folic acid; niacin; pantothenic acid; and vitamin C (1). It’s a safe and time tested remedy, having been used in medicine for over 2000 years.
Vinegar has antimicrobial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties that work together to fight the cause of your sinus pain (2).
- 2 tablespoons of ACV
- 8 oz. of boiled water
- Mix ingredients together and drink quickly to clear your sinuses and soothe a sore throat.
2. Vinegar Steam
Steam helps thin and loosen mucus to clear your airway and makes it easier for you to breathe. The steam also moisturizes and soothes swollen sinus tissue.
Combined with the anti-inflammatory properties of ACV, this steam treatment is the perfect non-invasive treatment for instant relief.
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of ACV
- A towel
- A small saucepan
- Mix the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until it gets steamy.
- Pour the water into a large bowl.
- Lean your face over the bowl and place towel over your head. This will keep the steam around your head and relieve your symptoms.
3. Sweet ACV
Viruses cause 90 – 98% of acute sinusitis cases, although bacterial and fungal infection may also cause the condition (3). While ACV can fight them on its own, vinegar and honey have been used as a combined treatment for hundreds of years .
Honey boosts the immune system to fight off infection and promote the healing of sore and inflamed nasal and sinus tissue. Just like it repairs intestinal mucosa, honey heals the tissues lining your sinuses to prevent future infection (4).
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 8 oz. of hot water
- Combine all the ingredients and make sure to inhale the steam as your drink.
4. The Ultimate Decongestant
Instantly breathe easier with this powerful combination.
Lemon fights inflammation and boosts the immune system while capsaicin, the active compound of cayenne pepper, thins mucus to help it drain out (5,6). Ginger, on the other hand, kills the bacteria, virus or fungus causing you pain and swelling (7).
- ¼ a cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ a teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 3 tablespoons of raw organic honey (manuka if possible)
- Juice of a ¼ lemon
- Combine ACV and lemon in a small saucepan over low heat and simmer fro a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and add other ingredients.
- Let it cool.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and take 1-2 tablespoons every two hours to heal sinus infection.
5. Spicy Sinus Tonic
Horseradish is known for leaving a powerful sting in your nose after eating it. This slight discomfort actually helps fight sinus pain and infection (8). If you want give it a try, keep the tissues nearby: your sinuses will really drain.
- 1 tablespoon of ACV
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated horseradish
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- Combine vinegar and horseradish into a small glass and quickly drink and swallow it.
- Although you will be tempted, do not eat or drink anything for 5 minutes to let the root do its magic.
- After 5 minutes, follow up with a teaspoon of honey the relieve your mouth and throat.
- Take twice a day for best results.
- Sepsis Killed This Woman’s Father And Knowing These Signs May Have Saved Him
A nurse once said, “if you’re sick, don’t go to a hospital”. This may seem silly and contradictory but it’s …
- Elderberry Extract – The Most Effective Fruit Known To Man Against The Cold And Flu
You may have never heard of elderberry extract but it’s wonderful thing to have around. Since the time of Hippocrates, …
- 10 Herbs To Boost The Immune System
These 10 immune supportive plants will ensure that all those nasty colds and flus going around don’t end up in …
- 10 Superfoods That Fight The Common Cold
With winter getting underway throughout the US, humanity’s oldest enemy – the common cold – is likely to make itself …
- 8 Natural Alternatives to Replace Antibiotics Whenever Possible
The overuse of antibiotics has become a modern-day epidemic. These drugs have depleted our natural immunity by killing the good bacteria in our guts …
- Doctor Claims Your Immune System Can Recover In Only 2 Minutes! Here’s How
Nobody likes feeling cold, but research is showing that that getting a little chilly has its benefits. Cold showers actually …
- Natural Home Remedy For A Sore Throat
Contrary to what mainstream media tends to teach, experiencing a cold or the flu periodically can actually be helpful to …
- How to Clear Your Sinuses With Your Tongue And Your Thumb in 20 Seconds
Congestion is caused by the inflammation of the lining of your sinus cavities. This inflammation can be painful and uncomfortable, …
- 3 Easy Drink Recipes That Clear Sinuses and Relieves Cold Symptoms Now!
Cold and flu season is unavoidable and most people get infected at least once before spring comes around. In fact, …
- Kill Sinus Infection in 20 Seconds With This Simple Method And This Common Household Ingredient!
There’s nothing more annoying than a runny nose and itchy throat. It’s even worse when your sinuses swell up and …
- 3 Sinus Health Mistakes That Lead to Congestion and a Weakened Immune System
The sinuses are a crucial part of not just your head but your entire body! They help keep your airways …
- Medicine in a Cup: This Ginger-Garlic Soup Fights the Cold, Flu and Sinus Infection
Soup is the ultimate food for the soul. When it comes to the cold and flu, staying hydrated and nourished …
- Oregano Tea Recipe To Heal Strep Throat, Sinusitis, & Infections
When it comes to remedies for the cold and flu, we always hear about lemon and ginger. But there are …
- Lymph Drainage: The Secret To Staying Healthy
Your lymphatic system is probably one of the most important systems in your body for the simple reason that it …
- How to Cure Pneumonia Naturally With Vitamin C
Pneumonia is the eighth killer disease in the world. It is caused by both bacteria and viruses. One is likely …