By now, you probably already know that Apple Cider Vinegar is a true lifesaver.
Whether it be used to flavor salads, clean the home or treat illness, raw organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar is much safer and just as effective.
If you experience sinus headaches and congestion, drop the decongestant spray and pills and grab a spoonful of vinegar instead!
1. Minimalist ACV Drink
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) contains vitamins B1, B2, and B6; biotin; folic acid; niacin; pantothenic acid; and vitamin C (1). It’s a safe and time tested remedy, having been used in medicine for over 2000 years.
Vinegar has antimicrobial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties that work together to fight the cause of your sinus pain (2).
- 2 tablespoons of ACV
- 8 oz. of boiled water
- Mix ingredients together and drink quickly to clear your sinuses and soothe a sore throat.
2. Vinegar Steam
Steam helps thin and loosen mucus to clear your airway and makes it easier for you to breathe. The steam also moisturizes and soothes swollen sinus tissue.
Combined with the anti-inflammatory properties of ACV, this steam treatment is the perfect non-invasive treatment for instant relief.
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of ACV
- A towel
- A small saucepan
- Mix the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until it gets steamy.
- Pour the water into a large bowl.
- Lean your face over the bowl and place towel over your head. This will keep the steam around your head and relieve your symptoms.
3. Sweet ACV
Viruses cause 90 – 98% of acute sinusitis cases, although bacterial and fungal infection may also cause the condition (3). While ACV can fight them on its own, vinegar and honey have been used as a combined treatment for hundreds of years .
Honey boosts the immune system to fight off infection and promote the healing of sore and inflamed nasal and sinus tissue. Just like it repairs intestinal mucosa, honey heals the tissues lining your sinuses to prevent future infection (4).
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 8 oz. of hot water
- Combine all the ingredients and make sure to inhale the steam as your drink.
4. The Ultimate Decongestant
Instantly breathe easier with this powerful combination.
Lemon fights inflammation and boosts the immune system while capsaicin, the active compound of cayenne pepper, thins mucus to help it drain out (5,6). Ginger, on the other hand, kills the bacteria, virus or fungus causing you pain and swelling (7).
- ¼ a cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ a teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 3 tablespoons of raw organic honey (manuka if possible)
- Juice of a ¼ lemon
- Combine ACV and lemon in a small saucepan over low heat and simmer fro a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and add other ingredients.
- Let it cool.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and take 1-2 tablespoons every two hours to heal sinus infection.
5. Spicy Sinus Tonic
Horseradish is known for leaving a powerful sting in your nose after eating it. This slight discomfort actually helps fight sinus pain and infection (8). If you want give it a try, keep the tissues nearby: your sinuses will really drain.
- 1 tablespoon of ACV
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated horseradish
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- Combine vinegar and horseradish into a small glass and quickly drink and swallow it.
- Although you will be tempted, do not eat or drink anything for 5 minutes to let the root do its magic.
- After 5 minutes, follow up with a teaspoon of honey the relieve your mouth and throat.
- Take twice a day for best results.
- All It Takes Is One Boiled Egg To Control Sugar Levels In The Blood
Every time you eat, your blood sugar levels go up. This is especially true for individuals who have type 2 diabetes or …
- Kill Sinus Infection in 20 Seconds With This Simple Method And This Common Household Ingredient!
There’s nothing more annoying than a runny nose and itchy throat. It’s even worse when your sinuses swell up and …
- The Body Will Give You These 10 Signs If Your Kidney Is In Danger
Your kidneys are one of the smallest organs in your body, but they have one of the biggest jobs—they filter …
- 23 Best Yoga Poses for Neck Pain
According to recent estimates, somewhere around 10% adults are experiencing neck pain at any given time. (1) As much as 50% of …
- This Is Why Your Legs Cramp At Night And How To Stop It From Happening Ever Again
Nocturnal leg cramps are not only painful, but they also prevent you from having a good night’s sleep, which is important …
- 10 Dangerous Brain-Damaging Habits to Stop Immediately
On average, a human adult brain weighs about 3 pounds (1,300-1,400 g), which is roughly 2% of your total body …
- 19 Ways To Ease Pain From Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) occurs when the nerves that run through a small space in the wrist become compressed. It’s …
- How To Use Peppermint Essential Oil To Kick Your Sugar Habit
Sugar addiction is no joke – there’s compelling scientific evidence that addiction to refined sugar can be just as serious …
- 7 Easy Ways to Optimize Your Hormones (and Be Your Best at Any Age)
As its name implies, growth hormones stimulate growth, cell reproduction and regeneration in humans. Growth hormone diminishes as you age, …
- 17 Best Home Remedies for Back Pain Relief
For those of us who’ve experienced back pain, we know that there’s very little else that is as uncomfortable, inconvenient, …
- Keeping Your Gut Happy Is Key To Having a Healthy Brain (Here’s What You Can Do Right Now)
When it comes to the delicate balance of our bodies, there’s still a lot we don’t know, and it seems …
- Every Single Person Who has Cancer has a pH that is Too Acidic. Here is the Easiest Way to Check your pH Balance
A slightly alkaline environment is essential for proper cellular functions. Your gut bacteria and immune system rely on it too. …
- All The Signs, Symptoms, Triggers and Treatments of Hypo and Hyperthyroidism
According to the American Thyroid Association, an estimated 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid disease. Up to 60 …
- Anxiety Disorders are Linked to This Type of Abuse
“Stick and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me” may sound nice in theory, but it isn’t …
- 6 Natural Ways To Stop And Heal Receding Gums Before It’s Too Late
According to the New York Times, more than 75% of American adults have some form of gum disease. National Institute Of …