4. The Ultimate Decongestant
Instantly breathe easier with this powerful combination.
Lemon fights inflammation and boosts the immune system while capsaicin, the active compound of cayenne pepper, thins mucus to help it drain out (5,6). Ginger, on the other hand, kills the bacteria, virus or fungus causing you pain and swelling (7).
- ¼ a cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ a teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 3 tablespoons of raw organic honey (manuka if possible)
- Juice of a ¼ lemon
- Combine ACV and lemon in a small saucepan over low heat and simmer fro a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and add other ingredients.
- Let it cool.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid and take 1-2 tablespoons every two hours to heal sinus infection.
5. Spicy Sinus Tonic
Horseradish is known for leaving a powerful sting in your nose after eating it. This slight discomfort actually helps fight sinus pain and infection (8). If you want give it a try, keep the tissues nearby: your sinuses will really drain.
- 1 tablespoon of ACV
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated horseradish
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- Combine vinegar and horseradish into a small glass and quickly drink and swallow it.
- Although you will be tempted, do not eat or drink anything for 5 minutes to let the root do its magic.
- After 5 minutes, follow up with a teaspoon of honey the relieve your mouth and throat.
- Take twice a day for best results.