There’s nothing worse than waking up in the morning, stepping into the shower to wash up and being woken up by a wave of bad smells.
If the drain in your shower is clogged, then you probably know this scenario all too well.
Calling a plumber may be the safest (and most expensive!) option, but in most cases, you can do it yourself.
Forget toxic drain cleaner, all you need to clear your sink is a little baking soda, a towel, some white vinegar, a pair of scissors, some plastic cable ties, and a screwdriver.
Here’s how to do it.
How To Clean Your Drain
- Use a screw driver to remove your drain cover.
- Wash and dry your hand and slip on a pair on rubber gloves.
- Makes small cuts on each side of a plastic tie using your scissors. This will create teeth to help it grab onto hair and debris.
- Stick the zip tie into the drain as far as you can and pull it back and forth a few times to make sure it collects debris.
- Pull it out and clear hair from the tie. You may want to set side a plastic bag to dispose of this gunk without sticking up your home.
- Continue to use the zip tie until it comes up clean.
- Follow up with a ½ a cup of baking soda and ½ cup of white vinegar poured down the drain.
- To boost their cleaning power, stick an old wet towel into the opening of the drain for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, boil a few cups of water.
- Once 10 minutes has passed, remove the towel and shock the drain with the boiled water. This will melt away any stuck-on grime.
- Place the drain cover back on and there you have it !
If your home has a shower tub, you may want to consider investing in a catch-all to prevent any more hair from getting into your pipes.
You can also use this method to clean your bathroom sink. Just watch this video to learn how to safety remove a pop-up drain stopper.
- Stop Using Store-Bought Antiperspirants! They Make You SMELL Worse in The Long-Run?!
Sometimes, in attempting to “cure” a problem, the methods you use can result in a worsening of the problem you’re …
- This 2-Ingredient Combination Boosts Weight Loss if You Drink it Every Morning on an Empty Stomach
Your long-term health doesn’t come down to how many diets you’ve been on or how many time’s you’ve gone on …
- Here’s Why So Many Olympic Athletes Are Going Crazy For THIS Ancient Healing Technique!
If you’ve been following the Rio Olympics this year, then you’ve probably caught a glimpse of the large polka-dots bruises …
- Nurse Reveals The Top 5 Regrets People Make on Their Deathbed
(originally written by Bronnie Ware) For many years I worked in palliative care. My patients were those who had gone …
- 21 Tips For A Healthy Pregnancy
Being pregnant with your first child is an incredibly magical and transformative experience. In reality, if you don’t know what …
- This 1 Ingredient Is All You Need To Take Your Dirty Sink From This To THIS
When was the last time you gave your kitchen sink a good cleaning? If you hate seeing hard water stains, then it …
- High Doses of Vitamin C Selectively Kills Mutant Colorectal Cancer Cells And Impairs Tumor Growth
Colorectal cancer is the third most common cancer in the United States (1). It’s also one of the most aggressive …
- Specialized Eyeglasses Make Cancer Glow Blue for Surgeons
A new prototype eyewear makes cancerous cells illuminate blue while looking through the lenses. The yet-unnamed device was developed by a …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- He Pours Vinegar In His Toilet Tank and Flushes. The Result is Genius!
Of out all the chores that need to be done regularly, the most unpleasant and tedious one is cleaning the …
- FDA Approves Robotic Exoskeleton For Paralyzed Users
This isn’t the first time science fact has caught up with science fiction. And in this case, the technology provides …
- 7 Ways To Survive An Asthma Attack If You’re Caught Without An Inhaler
Most asthmatics rely on medication and inhalers to manage their symptoms in the case of an asthma attack. Unfortunately, although …
- This is What Happens to Your Brain When You Learn to Play a Musical Instrument
There is no doubt that playing a musical instrument such as the piano or guitar can be a fun hobby …
- Courts Quietly Confirm MMR Vaccine Causes Autism
After decades of passionate debate, parents probably missed the repeated admissions by drug companies and governments alike that vaccines do …
- 10 Signs You May Have an Ulcer
An ulcer is a painful sore in the stomach lining or at the opening of the small intestine. Ulcers happen …