Although these two conditions have multiple factors and often require a visit to the dermatologist to fully cure, there are ways to maintain the appearance of your skin and minimize your pores.
What Clogs Pores?
Our pores secrete a substance called sebum, or oil, which helps moisturize and protect our skin, but sometimes sebum and dead skin cells can clog our pores, causing acne. via HowStuffWorks
According to Web MD, white heads and blackheads are different kinds of acne:
Blackheads: Black bumps that are impacted pores in which material pushes out through the follicles. The black color is not from dirt, in fact, dirt doesn’t cause acne. The colour may be from bacteria, dead skin cells, and matter that react with oxygen.
Whiteheads: White dots are pores impacted with oil and skin covered by skin layers.
Acne can be made worse by:
- Friction caused by leaning on or rubbing the skin; harsh scrubbing
• Picking or squeezing blemishes, which drive bacteria deeper and causes scarring
• Pressure from bike helmets, backpacks, or tight collars
• Changing hormone levels in adolescent girls and adult women two to seven days before the start of the menstrual period
- Over-washing, which can lead to more inflammation and oil production
How Do Pore Strips Work?
Pore strips attach themselves to the sebum that’s clogging your pores. As it dries, it grips unto the sebum to make it easier to lift up. Removing your pore strip forces out the sebum that’s stuck unto the strip, emptying them completely.
Pore strips don’t always attach themselves properly or reach all your blackheads. They also won’t prevent blackheads or acne, but they can help reduce their appearance.
How To Make Your Own Natural Pore Strips
- 1 tablespoon of natural gelatin powder (organic if possible)
- 1 tablespoon of organic milk
- Mix well into a microwave-safe cup
- heat the mix in the microwave for 10 seconds. (you’re not eating it)
- Let it cool for a minute or two
- Use an old makeup brush and apply some of the mix to the back of your hand.
- If it’s not too hot, apply the rest of the mix to your nose.
- Wait 10 minutes or so for it to dry completely.
- Carefully peel off the strip.
- follow up with your favorite moisturizer.
For optimal results, it is recommended not to use them more often than once every three days. Instead, try applying tea tree oil, which is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial to stubborn pores between treatments (1).
- 5 of the Best DIY Toothpaste Recipes
Did you know your current toothpaste could be harming your health? Yes, from toxic ingredients such as Triclosan (an antibacterial agent) …
- Drink This ONE Ingredient Juice in The Morning and Evening. Sleep 90 More Minutes a Night!
With an estimated one third of Americans over the age of 65 suffering from insomnia, researchers from Louisiana State University …
- 11 Brilliant Tricks to Easily Clean the Things You Weren’t Sure How to Clean
We all dread it… cleaning or fixing those annoying or fiddly items that you know you have to clean at …
- How To Treat An Earache And Infection With Sea Salt And A Warm Sock
Often, some of the best fixes for mild illnesses, come from tried-and-true remedies that have been passed down from generation …
- Being Overweight due to ‘Slow Metabolism’ No Longer Just an Excuse
No longer can people be mocked for saying the reason they are overweight is due to ‘bad genes’, because researchers …
- Fact or Fiction? Alcohol Can Help You Lose Weight
A recent study has found some interesting results – that moderate drinkers are often thinner than those who don’t touch …
- 7 Common Conditions That Cause Chronic Pain
Pain hurts. The good news is that it is a symptom, your body’s way of telling your brain that something …
- This 105-Year-Old Man Just Set a New World Record…This Is His Secret To Longevity.
The video you’re about to watch will show you that fitness knows no age. Meet Midekichi Miyazaki, a 105-year-old father …
- Feed Your Brain The Right Nutrients To Help Regulate Your Mood And Curb Depression
There’s a growing body of research that says that for people with depression, proper nutrition can provide a world of …
- 4 Natural Ways To Get Rid of That Awful Shoe Smell!
Some shoes trap odour more than others, retaining sweat in which bacteria grows and produces that distinctive unpleasant “old shoe” …
- How To Make Your Own Natural Antibiotic
Antibiotic resistance is becoming a really big threat to public safety. This phenomenon occurs when bacteria that has been exposed to …
- Sniffing Rosemary Can Increase Memory by 75%
Some people go to great lengths to help themselves remember important tasks or information, whether it’s memory-training drills, memory-enhancing drugs …
- Candida Overgrowth – 12 Things to Avoid If You Have It
Many women suffer from recurrent yeast infections. Candida albicans is a naturally-occurring microorganism (technically, a fungus) that lives in the …
- 14 Nutrient-Packed Low Calorie Foods To Boost Your Weight Loss
Counting your daily calorie intake has long been the golden standard of weight loss and maintenance. But recognizing low calorie …
- 3 Simple Rules to Follow to Eliminate Chronic Pain for Good
The beauty of the body is that it has several feedback mechanisms to alert you that something is going wrong. …