Although these two conditions have multiple factors and often require a visit to the dermatologist to fully cure, there are ways to maintain the appearance of your skin and minimize your pores.
What Clogs Pores?
Our pores secrete a substance called sebum, or oil, which helps moisturize and protect our skin, but sometimes sebum and dead skin cells can clog our pores, causing acne. via HowStuffWorks
According to Web MD, white heads and blackheads are different kinds of acne:
Blackheads: Black bumps that are impacted pores in which material pushes out through the follicles. The black color is not from dirt, in fact, dirt doesn’t cause acne. The colour may be from bacteria, dead skin cells, and matter that react with oxygen.
Whiteheads: White dots are pores impacted with oil and skin covered by skin layers.
Acne can be made worse by:
- Friction caused by leaning on or rubbing the skin; harsh scrubbing
• Picking or squeezing blemishes, which drive bacteria deeper and causes scarring
• Pressure from bike helmets, backpacks, or tight collars
• Changing hormone levels in adolescent girls and adult women two to seven days before the start of the menstrual period
- Over-washing, which can lead to more inflammation and oil production
How Do Pore Strips Work?
Pore strips attach themselves to the sebum that’s clogging your pores. As it dries, it grips unto the sebum to make it easier to lift up. Removing your pore strip forces out the sebum that’s stuck unto the strip, emptying them completely.
Pore strips don’t always attach themselves properly or reach all your blackheads. They also won’t prevent blackheads or acne, but they can help reduce their appearance.
How To Make Your Own Natural Pore Strips
- 1 tablespoon of natural gelatin powder (organic if possible)
- 1 tablespoon of organic milk
- Mix well into a microwave-safe cup
- heat the mix in the microwave for 10 seconds. (you’re not eating it)
- Let it cool for a minute or two
- Use an old makeup brush and apply some of the mix to the back of your hand.
- If it’s not too hot, apply the rest of the mix to your nose.
- Wait 10 minutes or so for it to dry completely.
- Carefully peel off the strip.
- follow up with your favorite moisturizer.
For optimal results, it is recommended not to use them more often than once every three days. Instead, try applying tea tree oil, which is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial to stubborn pores between treatments (1).
- U.S. Hits Record 4.4 Million Acres Of Organic Farmland, (20% Increase). These 8 States Are Leading The Way
If you’ve made the switch to organic food, you aren’t alone. In recent years, organic produce, meat, and processed foods …
- Numbers of Lawsuits Skyrocketing Against “The Most Financially Successful Drug of All Time”
Maybe it’s a coincidence. But probably not. After the patent for Lipitor expired in 2011, the Food and Drug Administration …
- 8 Early Warning Signs of Lung Cancer You Should Know
These days it is rare to find someone whose life has not been directly affected by cancer. Out of the …
- Early Prevention: The Top 10 Signs of Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer ranks as the 14th  most common type of cancer in women in the U.S. Prior to the …
- 2 Simple Juice Recipes That Will Replace Your Diabetes Drugs
Brace yourself. In brief, here are the statistics for the prevalence of diabetes in North America. United States: 9.3% of …
- University of California Study: Non-drug Treatment May Reverse Alzheimer’s
It’s not really news for those who are aware but for everyone else, it may be an awakening that is …
- Beating Brain Tumors With a Scorpion Sting Paint
Brain surgery is perhaps the most delicate of intrusive surgical procedures. The brain, for the most part, all looks alike–unlike …
- Natural Substance Found in Ginger Destroys Leukemia Without Harming Normal Cells, Study Finds
A new study is starting to make waves around the world . Scientists have discovered that 6-Shagaol, a primary ingredient in …
- Burn Belly Fat Fast with This 6 Minute Exercise Circuit
When we think of our “core”, we may think only of our abdominal and pelvic muscles. Physiologically speaking, the core …
- Swiss Medical Board STOPS Breast Cancer Screening For This Shocking Reason!
Up until very recently, mammograms have been recommended by doctors for every woman over the age of 50 in the …
- What Happens When You Eat 3 Whole Eggs Every Day…You’ll Be Surprised What It Does To Your Body!
Why eat more eggs? A few years ago, health organizations issued a warning about the cholesterol contained in eggs. Like many other …
- How Toxic Is Your Neighborhood’s Air? This Map Knows for Sure.
Technology and humans have a two-way action/reaction relationship. Sometimes technological capacity influences our lives and sometimes we endeavor to devise means …
- 6 Natural Mosquito Repellents That Work
Few things can be as frustrating as listening to mosquitos when trying to drift off to sleep or being bitten …
- Eating This Little-Known Herb Protects Your Body From 5 Different Types Of Cancer
Moringa oleifera is a quick-growing tree in South Asia and throughout the tropics. The Ayurvedic system of medicine uses its …
- Lemon-Soda Drink: A Cyanide to Cancer Cells. Here’s How to Make It With 2 Simple Ingredients
You undoubtedly learned about pH levels in high school. But whether something is alkaline or acidic doesn’t just pertain to …