“Male pattern baldness” is a phrase that instills fear and horror in most guys. This type of early hair loss is an unfortunate reality for about 85% of men, with over a quarter starting to lose their hair before they even turn 21.
While male pattern baldness is an unfortunate result of high testosterone levels coupled with grabbing the genetic short straw, there are things you can do to halt or slow its progression, and even regrow hair you’ve already lost. Check out this list of surprising herbs and foods that might help you stop male pattern baldness in its tracks.
Researchers at the University of Maryland found that men who took this herb were able to increase their blood flow to the scalp, which aided to grow hair naturally and improved overall scalp health.
A combination of essential oils of rosemary, cedar, thyme, and lavender applied directly to the scalp also stimulates blood flow to the follicles, according to University of Maryland Medical Center researchers.
Since hair is made of protein, a diet full of fish, eggs, beans, and other low-fat, high-protein foods can help supply your hair with the raw materials it needs to grow.
Han Lian Cao
This Chinese herb fights inflammation and swelling in your scalp (preventing further hair loss), and helps to strengthen your hair at its roots.
Iron is a key factor in hair production, so any foods rich in this mineral will do. But for those of you who don’t relish the thought of packing in the kale, dried fruits like raisins are a great snack that will help boost your iron levels.
These veggies are full of silica, which your body uses to process the vitamins and minerals (like that iron you got from those raisins) that help your hair grow.
No, you don’t have to cut off a horse’s tail and eat it. This herb is another silica-rich option that will help you absorb the vitamins and minerals you need to reverse your hair loss.
These nuts can pack a huge punch with biotin and vitamin E, which help protect your hair and scalp from sun damage. Low biotin consumption has also been linked with hair loss, so it’s a smart idea to make sure you’re getting enough of it.
Another Chinese herb, nettle extract works to just barely irritate your scalp, which causes increased blood flow and improved circulation, and therefore better oxygen absorption by your hair follicles.
Not getting enough zinc has been tied to hair loss in both men and women, but just three ounces of oysters give you almost 500% of the daily recommended dose of zinc. They’re also incredibly rich in protein.
This herb helps prevent a specific enzyme from turning testosterone into DHT. It’s testosterone and DHT that cause male pattern baldness in the first place, so lowering these levels slightly can help stop the process at its root.
Are you dealing with male hair loss? Have you tried any of these food or diet solutions? Let us know about what’s worked for you in the comments section.
- 6 Relaxation Techniques To Help You Sleep Better at Night
It can happen to anyone, no matter how tired you may be: insomnia. It can be caused by any of …
- This Is What Your Body Odor Says About Your Health And What You Can Do To Control It
Sweating is good for you. Perspiration cools the skin when it’s hot so you don’t overheat and is one way …
- 20 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Pneumonia (No. 5 is An Effective Alternative to Antibiotic Treatments)
How To Get Rid Of Pneumonia If you’re looking on how to get rid of Pneumonia, here’s a couple of …
- Roundup’s Toxic Chemical Glyphosate, Found in 100% of California Wines Tested
Wine is just made from grapes, right? Well, the answer is a little more complicated than that. Very few wines …
- One Simple Trick To Regrow Your Lettuce So You Never Have To Pay For A Salad Again
Salad is one of the most underrated meals. Most people think that it’s quite boring, but this meal’s potential is …
- You’re Brushing Your Teeth Wrong! Here’s a Technique That’s 3X More Effective At Removing Plaque
Your dentist is right, you’re brushing your teeth wrong. Most people choose to either brush their teeth from side to …
- 3 Proven Ways To Use Intermittent Fasting To Help You Burn Fat
Intermittent fasting – the act of fasting for up to 24 hours at a time – has become particularly popular …
- 10 Reasons To Start Eating Pumpkin Seeds This Fall (Plus 17 Tasty Recipes)
Plants seeds are packed with concentrated nutrients. Pumpkin seeds are no exception. When you scoop out the innards of your …
- CDC Confirms THIS Natural Oil To Be As Effective As DEET For Warding Off Mosquitoes!
It’s rare for large companies and organizations to endorse natural products, but it seems as though it’s finally occurred! The …
- Being Bilingual Is Good For The Brain And Could Even Help Prevent Dementia, Study Finds
The ability to speak two or more languages is kind of like a secret superpower. It might seem kind of …
- The Ancient German Remedy That Unclogs Your Arteries And Boosts Your Immune System
In most cases, high cholesterol is an indication of an unhealthy lifestyle of fatty foods and lack of exercise. Over …
- Yarrow Herb is Stronger Than DEET at Repelling Mosquitos (Here’s How You Can Make Your Own!)
Summer is a welcome change of season for most people, but it comes with some drawbacks – specifically, it’s bug …
- Cheap Meals From Big Pharma Make Doctors Prescribe Expensive Drugs, Study Shows
There’s no such thing as a free lunch. It was true when the phrase was coined a hundred years ago …
- 7 Easy Ways To Detoxify Your Lymph Nodes
The lymphatic system is a part of the immune system. It is composed of organs, ducts and nodes, including your …
- 7 Simple Remedies That Make Your Home Bug-Free Without Chemical
No matter how clean you keep your home, there’s no way to fully avoid getting the odd pest in your …