Pancakes are the ultimate all-American breakfast food.
While there are many amazing toppings you can try to take your pancake to the next level, many people prefer to keep it plain and simple for their everyday meals.
So instead of preparing intricate foods to put on top of your meal, why not incorporate a few fun ingredients inside them ?
This recipe puts a refreshing twist on the classic while being suitable for people following a paleo, gluten-free, anti-inflammatory or vegetarian diet. Best of all, it takes less than 30 minutes to get it on your plate !
Lavender, Citrus & Coconut Pancakes
- 1/4 cup+2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup+2 tablespoons homemade almond milk (coconut milk works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- Sift flour and baking soda in a bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and honey until well combined. The more you whisk, the fluffier your pancakes will be
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and stir zest and lavender.
- Grease a skillet with coconut oil keep over low heat.
- Pour batter onto skillet so that it covers the whole surface of the cookware and keep a close eye.
- As it begins to bubble, flip over your pancake and cook the other side.
- Once cooked, remove from skillet and cover.
- Continue this process until all the batter has been cooked.
- To serve, sprinkle with lemon zest and lavender and serve with maple syrup.
The lavender will leave you feeling more relaxed and ready to start your day, while the coconut will supply sustainable high-quality energy and help you manage your weight. Additionally, honey will help boost your immune system and fight inflammation.
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Mix Sauerkraut And Turmeric
Fermentation isn’t limited to the process of making your favorite beer or wine. It’s actually used to produce a wide …
- 12 Matcha Loaded Desserts That Your Body Will Thank You For Eating
Did you know? You can mix Matcha green tea into your desserts for a healthy treat! Matcha contains over six …
- Researchers Come Across Very “Appealing” Juice…What it Does to Your Blood Pressure is Astounding!
Are you looking to replace blood pressure-lowering drugs with natural, diet-based solutions? Complimenting past findings, recent research reveals that drinking …
- This is The Easiest, Simplest Way to Make a Healthy Delicious Snack.
This snack idea came from a photo shoot, let me explain. Every photo shoot is catered whether it is in …
- Curb Sugar Cravings With This Homemade Cinnamon Coconut Kefir Water
Kefir (pronounced kee-fer), a cultured milk product from the Caucasus Mountains in Eastern Europe, has seen a rise in popularity …
- Ginger Lemon Tea Recipe To Detox Your Body And Get Rid of Bloating
In today’s world, we face increasing amounts of chemicals than ever before. It’s present in our food, household products and even in the air (1). In addition …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Drink Parsley Tea with Lemon and Honey
Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this. Yet, this medicinal plant …
- 11 Easy Crustless Pizza You’ll Love
Pizza is delicious. But it’s not something that you can enjoy every day without any repercussions. There are two main problems with pizza: …
- 12 Juicing Recipes That Keep You Out of Bed While You’re Traveling
We all know that there are health issues that you might suffer from when travelling such as dehydration from sun …
- Six Springy Asparagus Recipes
Asparagus season is drawing to its end in most parts of the country, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late …
- Cleanse Your Body of Toxins By Drinking This Cucumber Water Recipe
Staying hydrated isn’t just important in the summer; we need to be sure we’re getting enough fluids year-round. Many bodily …
- Simple Homemade Syrup Cures Cough And Removes Phlegm From The Lungs
You’ve probably heard a lot about how carrots are good for your eyes, but you’ve probably never heard that they …
- Have You Ever Tried ‘Hummoli’? This Dip Has Chickpeas, Avocado, Olive Oil, and More Healthy Ingredients!
Snacking can be the downfall of anyone trying to live a healthy lifestyle. With so many unhealthy options available at …
- 6 Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Did you know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day? It’s never a good idea to skip …
- How to Make Lavender Lemonade to Get Rid of Headaches and Anxiety
Got a headache that just won’t go away? Many people find that traditional over-the-counter pain relief medication is ineffective in …