Pancakes are the ultimate all-American breakfast food.
While there are many amazing toppings you can try to take your pancake to the next level, many people prefer to keep it plain and simple for their everyday meals.
So instead of preparing intricate foods to put on top of your meal, why not incorporate a few fun ingredients inside them ?
This recipe puts a refreshing twist on the classic while being suitable for people following a paleo, gluten-free, anti-inflammatory or vegetarian diet. Best of all, it takes less than 30 minutes to get it on your plate !
Lavender, Citrus & Coconut Pancakes
- 1/4 cup+2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup+2 tablespoons homemade almond milk (coconut milk works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- Sift flour and baking soda in a bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and honey until well combined. The more you whisk, the fluffier your pancakes will be
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and stir zest and lavender.
- Grease a skillet with coconut oil keep over low heat.
- Pour batter onto skillet so that it covers the whole surface of the cookware and keep a close eye.
- As it begins to bubble, flip over your pancake and cook the other side.
- Once cooked, remove from skillet and cover.
- Continue this process until all the batter has been cooked.
- To serve, sprinkle with lemon zest and lavender and serve with maple syrup.
The lavender will leave you feeling more relaxed and ready to start your day, while the coconut will supply sustainable high-quality energy and help you manage your weight. Additionally, honey will help boost your immune system and fight inflammation.
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Ginger, Honey and Cinnamon Mixture to Reverse Inflammation, Colds, Flu, Cramps, Diabetes And Cancer
Tea is often the first thing we reach for when we aren’t feeling well. While green tea has many benefits, …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- Medicine in a Cup: This Ginger-Garlic Soup Fights the Cold, Flu and Sinus Infection
Soup is the ultimate food for the soul. When it comes to the cold and flu, staying hydrated and nourished …
- How to Make Lavender Lemonade to Get Rid of Headaches and Anxiety
Got a headache that just won’t go away? Many people find that traditional over-the-counter pain relief medication is ineffective in …
- Why You Should Start Drinking Ginger Tea And Here’s The Correct Way To Make It
There’s nothing better than a steaming cup of tea to start your day. While green tea has its benefits, why …
- Drink This Fat-Burning Ginger And Coconut Oil Smoothie to ACCELERATE Weight Loss
Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger. This can …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- Chocolate Avocado Cookies FILLED With Cancer-Fighting, Waistline-Busting Ingredients
Most cookies are made up of wheat and sugar, two of the most harmful foods on the market. Whether they’re …
- No-Flour Banana Pancakes Are Easy To Make And Rich In Potassium
Who doesn’t love pancakes? They’re sweet, fluffy and simply delicious! They can be combined with all sorts of fruits and …
- Dairy-free, Inflammation-BUSTING Chocolate Mousse Recipe With Avocado, Coconut Milk and Cacao
It can be hard to find desserts that satisfy your cravings without sacrificing your health. Most desserts contain high levels …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Drink Parsley Tea with Lemon and Honey
Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this. Yet, this medicinal plant …
- Heal Your Body From The Inside Out With These 8 Cancer-Fighting Soups
There’s nothing like a good soup to warm you up up from the inside out. Most homemade soups are actually …
- 3-ingredient Gluten-Free Bread To Effortlessly Keep You In Fat-Burning Mode All Day Long
One of the hardest things for celiacs and gluten-intolerant people to give up is bread. In fact, gluten is a …
- The Best Superfood Smoothie To Fight Fatigue And Inflammation
Even if you wake up feeling sleepy, you still have a chance to change the course of your day by …