Pancakes are the ultimate all-American breakfast food.
While there are many amazing toppings you can try to take your pancake to the next level, many people prefer to keep it plain and simple for their everyday meals.
So instead of preparing intricate foods to put on top of your meal, why not incorporate a few fun ingredients inside them ?
This recipe puts a refreshing twist on the classic while being suitable for people following a paleo, gluten-free, anti-inflammatory or vegetarian diet. Best of all, it takes less than 30 minutes to get it on your plate !
Lavender, Citrus & Coconut Pancakes
- 1/4 cup+2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup+2 tablespoons homemade almond milk (coconut milk works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- Sift flour and baking soda in a bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and honey until well combined. The more you whisk, the fluffier your pancakes will be
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and stir zest and lavender.
- Grease a skillet with coconut oil keep over low heat.
- Pour batter onto skillet so that it covers the whole surface of the cookware and keep a close eye.
- As it begins to bubble, flip over your pancake and cook the other side.
- Once cooked, remove from skillet and cover.
- Continue this process until all the batter has been cooked.
- To serve, sprinkle with lemon zest and lavender and serve with maple syrup.
The lavender will leave you feeling more relaxed and ready to start your day, while the coconut will supply sustainable high-quality energy and help you manage your weight. Additionally, honey will help boost your immune system and fight inflammation.
- Eating Your Trees: Fun and Healthy Broccoli Recipes
Broccoli is rich in fiber, vitamin C, and tons of phytonutrients, and it’s available just about year round. While you …
- Drink This Probiotic-Rich Lemonade To Boost Your Immune System And Improve Gut Health
There’s no drink more appropriate on a warm sunny day than a tall glass of lemonade, especially when citrus fruits …
- 12 Recipes for Gluten-Free Cookies You Won’t Be Able to Resist
Gluten is becoming an ever-increasing concern in the Western diet. The volume of people with wheat allergies or sensitivities across …
- Anti-Inflammatory Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffins with Ginger, Cinnamon and Maple Syrup
Baked goods sure (such as sweet potato muffins) are sweet, but have you ever taken a look at all the …
- How To Make Your Own Super-Healthy Detox Tea
The ingredients in this detox tea have been reported to possess a whole list of powerful health benefits, including antioxidant, …
- A Shot of This 4-Superfood Juice Is a Sure Way To Fire Up Your Immune System
Nothing is more inconvenient than a spring cold – that’s why this recipe is such a lifesaver. If you’re feeling …
- Slice Potatoes And Put Them In A Muffin Pan. They’ll Come Out Of The Oven A Family Favorite!
Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Easy to digest, potatoes have been a staple for people living in areas with …
- 10 Easy Juicing Recipes For Cleansing The Body of Toxins
Modern unhealthy diets and polluted environment cause toxins to build up in our bodies, which is why a detoxification program …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Drink Parsley Tea with Lemon and Honey
Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this. Yet, this medicinal plant …
- Anti-inflammatory Honey Turmeric Tonic Recipe And 17 Other Master Tonics
If you often find yourself tired or sick, it may be time to start integrating a master tonic or two …
- Make 7 Days Worth of Breakfast In Just One Day With This Easy Oatmeal Hack
Steal-cut oats usually take about 40 minutes to cook. Nobody wants to spend that kind of time first thing in the …
- Cannabis Coconut Oil – Easy Recipe Combats Pain, Nausea, Seizures, and More
As scientific research takes baby steps into the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we find the door opening to an infinite …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …