Pancakes are the ultimate all-American breakfast food.
While there are many amazing toppings you can try to take your pancake to the next level, many people prefer to keep it plain and simple for their everyday meals.
So instead of preparing intricate foods to put on top of your meal, why not incorporate a few fun ingredients inside them ?
This recipe puts a refreshing twist on the classic while being suitable for people following a paleo, gluten-free, anti-inflammatory or vegetarian diet. Best of all, it takes less than 30 minutes to get it on your plate !
Lavender, Citrus & Coconut Pancakes
- 1/4 cup+2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup+2 tablespoons homemade almond milk (coconut milk works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- Sift flour and baking soda in a bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and honey until well combined. The more you whisk, the fluffier your pancakes will be
- Fold wet ingredients into dry and stir zest and lavender.
- Grease a skillet with coconut oil keep over low heat.
- Pour batter onto skillet so that it covers the whole surface of the cookware and keep a close eye.
- As it begins to bubble, flip over your pancake and cook the other side.
- Once cooked, remove from skillet and cover.
- Continue this process until all the batter has been cooked.
- To serve, sprinkle with lemon zest and lavender and serve with maple syrup.
The lavender will leave you feeling more relaxed and ready to start your day, while the coconut will supply sustainable high-quality energy and help you manage your weight. Additionally, honey will help boost your immune system and fight inflammation.