Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger.
This can be particularly challenging for people trying to lose weight and eat a healthy diet.
As you may already know, the best way to beat hunger and get rid of cravings is to feed your body with nutrient-dense foods.
If you’re low on time and often find yourself surrounded by fat or sugar-filled temptations, make this smoothie in the morning and pack it as a snack!
Tropical Weight Loss Smoothie
This smoothie tastes like a tropical popsicle, but it’s nutritious and it won’t set back your weight loss efforts.
- 1/2 banana
- 1 1/2 cups kale, de-stemmed
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 tsp coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, with skin
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cut mango (with skin)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Add water and greens to your blender and pulse until smooth. This will make your smoothie less chunky.
- Incorporate the other ingredients and pulse at high speed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
How It Works
Ginger facilitates digestion and heal common digestion problems like nausea, loss of appetite and stomach or abdominal pain (1). It also helps control hunger and lowers blood cortisol levels. Cortisol is a stress hormone that can affect your body’s ability to lose weight and actually encourage weight gain (2).
Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides which boost metabolism and suppress hunger. In fact, studies confirm that these triglycerides improve weight loss through increased fat oxidation and thermogenesis, a process by which they increase body temperature and increase fat burning. These fats are also easier for your body to absorb and transport to your liver to be used as energy (3).
Lime is full of vitamin C, which fights heart disease, inflammation and cancer. It also contain pectin, which helps your feel fuller and helps curb cravings (4).
Mango is said to inhibit the development of human fat cells and boost weight loss. This is because complex carbohydrates found in mango kick-start your metabolism to help your body burn more fat (5,6).
The fruit also contains zeaxanthin, which protects your eyes by filtering out harmful high-energy blue wavelengths of light and maintaining eye cells to prevent the onset of age-related macular degeneration (7).
- Refreshing Homemade Ginger Ale to Help You Deal With Migraines And Inflammation
Ginger is a versatile, cheap, and easy-to-find spice that can be used in all sorts of recipes, but most importantly …
- 27 Must-Try Avocado Recipes for You and Your Family
Avocados are a health nut’s favorite fruit, and rightly so. Packed with nutrients, delicious fats, filling fiber, and creamy goodness, …
- Cauliflower, Coconut oil, Ginger, Turmeric Stew – Amazing!
There’s nothing like a nice cup of stew on a cold evening, especially when it’s full of nutritious veggies. Bursting …
- 14 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
Turmeric is by far one of the most popular and celebrated health foods of the decade. It’s been around for …
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- How To Make Homemade Matcha Marshmallows
There are plenty of reasons to avoid artificial food dyes. Studies have linked them to behavioral problems in children, including …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- If You Have Extra Onions In The Pantry, You’ve Got To Try This Mind Blowing Recipe!
Eating healthy isn’t always easy. It requires shopping for ingredients and time to cook. And sometimes, laziness can get the better of …
- Lemon With Garlic Mixture: Perfect For Clearing Heart Blockages
High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster. If you …
- This is The Easiest, Simplest Way to Make a Healthy Delicious Snack.
This snack idea came from a photo shoot, let me explain. Every photo shoot is catered whether it is in …
- Juicing Recipes For That Irritating Sore Throat
Many of the foods in your local supermarket could actually be better at helping an irritating sore throat than over …
- Want To Make Guacamole That Tastes Just Like Chipotle’s? Here’s What You’ll Need.
Avocados are a food that seems to embody our constantly evolving understanding of what’s good for us. Once shunned for …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- Drink This All-In-1 Ginger Tea To Dissolve Kidney Stones, Detox Your Liver And Fight Cancer
Ginger has been used medicinally in China and India for over 5000 years. It’s proven through time to treat digestion …
- It Was Hard To Snack Healthy Until I Tried These 16 Delicious Metabolism-Boosting Ideas
The foods you eat between meals are just as important. Snack on the wrong foods and your health will suffer. …