Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger.
This can be particularly challenging for people trying to lose weight and eat a healthy diet.
As you may already know, the best way to beat hunger and get rid of cravings is to feed your body with nutrient-dense foods.
If you’re low on time and often find yourself surrounded by fat or sugar-filled temptations, make this smoothie in the morning and pack it as a snack!
Tropical Weight Loss Smoothie
This smoothie tastes like a tropical popsicle, but it’s nutritious and it won’t set back your weight loss efforts.
- 1/2 banana
- 1 1/2 cups kale, de-stemmed
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled
- 2 tsp coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber, with skin
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup cut mango (with skin)
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Add water and greens to your blender and pulse until smooth. This will make your smoothie less chunky.
- Incorporate the other ingredients and pulse at high speed.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
How It Works
Ginger facilitates digestion and heal common digestion problems like nausea, loss of appetite and stomach or abdominal pain (1). It also helps control hunger and lowers blood cortisol levels. Cortisol is a stress hormone that can affect your body’s ability to lose weight and actually encourage weight gain (2).
Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides which boost metabolism and suppress hunger. In fact, studies confirm that these triglycerides improve weight loss through increased fat oxidation and thermogenesis, a process by which they increase body temperature and increase fat burning. These fats are also easier for your body to absorb and transport to your liver to be used as energy (3).
Lime is full of vitamin C, which fights heart disease, inflammation and cancer. It also contain pectin, which helps your feel fuller and helps curb cravings (4).
Mango is said to inhibit the development of human fat cells and boost weight loss. This is because complex carbohydrates found in mango kick-start your metabolism to help your body burn more fat (5,6).
The fruit also contains zeaxanthin, which protects your eyes by filtering out harmful high-energy blue wavelengths of light and maintaining eye cells to prevent the onset of age-related macular degeneration (7).
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- How To Make Chocolate Cake With Avocado Instead Of Eggs And Butter
If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen. …
- Pineapple And Turmeric Drink Reverses Cancer-Causing Inflammation And Even Beats The Common Cold!
Pineapple, turmeric, ginger and lemon all have two things in common. They’re all ingredients that have been shown to have …
- How To Make Alkaline Water To Fight Fatigue, Digestive Issues And Cancer
Is alkaline water good for you? A healthy body should always be slightly alkaline. The majority of people today, however, tend to …
- Simple Avocado Pudding That Can Balance Hormones, Boost Metabolism, And Fight Disease
When we think of pudding, we think of something sweet, creamy, and decadent. This recipe is all of that—except decadent. …
- Curb Sugar Cravings With This Homemade Cinnamon Coconut Kefir Water
Kefir (pronounced kee-fer), a cultured milk product from the Caucasus Mountains in Eastern Europe, has seen a rise in popularity …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- How To Make Your Own “Tea of Immortality” At Home With This Foolproof Recipe
The origin of Kombucha is a thing of legends. Depending on whom you ask, you may get a completely different …
- The Fat-Burning Coconut Cookies you Can Eat for Breakfast to Boost Your Metabolism
There are few things more satisfying than a good-for-you cookie. As health-conscious people, we forego junk food and added sugars …
- This Powerful Tea Is The Best Remedy For Swollen Legs
If you have ever experienced swelling in your legs (or your hands or feet for that matter) you know how …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- Ginger, Honey and Cinnamon Mixture to Reverse Inflammation, Colds, Flu, Cramps, Diabetes And Cancer
Tea is often the first thing we reach for when we aren’t feeling well. While green tea has many benefits, …
- 9 Amazing “No-Bread” Sandwich Ideas That Will Make You Drool
In recent years, many people have sworn off bread due to gluten intolerance or weight gain. So what is it like …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …
- 14 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
drinksTurmeric is by far one of the most popular and celebrated health foods of the decade. It’s been around for …