This snack idea came from a photo shoot, let me explain.
Every photo shoot is catered whether it is in NYC, Paris or the middle of nowhere; but not every caterer is good. Let me rephrase that, most caterers on set suck for lack of a better word.
So when you come across a caterer that has good food, it’s as if you’ve never eaten before and everyone on set needs to consume everything as fast as possible (well that’s how I feel at least).
There is one caterer in NYC (sorry I wish I knew their name because I really want to give them credit) that is really good. One of items they have for their breakfast spread are these apple peanut butter granola bites. Of all the things that are offered in that breakfast spread, these go the fastest.
I usually put two on my plate (with other stuff) because I don’t want to be greedy, even though I want to put about 4-6 on my plate. Then if everyone has eaten their first helping, I will usually go back and see if there are any left. They are just that good.
Check out the step-by-step video on how to make them at the bottom of the post.
- Small bowl of granola (whichever kind you like)
- Peanut Butter (I like smooth)
- 1 Granny Smith Apple sliced horizontally
If you have an apple corer (I don’t) use that to remove the core before you slice the apple horizontally. If you don’t have an apple corer like me, I sliced the apples in disk like shapes and then used a sharp knife to cut a little triangle to remove the core of each slice.
Apply a good amount of peanut butter on the apple slice.
Dunk the slice peanut butter side down into the bowl of granola or sprinkle the granola on top if you don’t want to use the bowl. If after you have dunked it, there are areas that the granola did not stick, sprinkle extra granola on top and pat it down a bit, you don’t want granola flying all over the place when you pick it up to eat.
Here’s the step-by-step video.
Quinn Cooper is a fashion model and blogger. She enjoys blogging about her career, foodie indulgences, decor inspirations, world travels, beauty insider tips, flea market obsessions, and behind the scenes of the modelling world. You can follow her on Twitter or Facebook.
- Use This Low-Carb Grocery List To Help You Plan Your Meals More Easily
Cutting down your carbohydrate intake is a great way to lose weight, but many people find themselves stumped when it …
- Top 3 Natural Ways to Get Rid of a Cold or Flu Quickly
As the winter season approaches in North America, our immune system becomes more taxed with cooler weather and less immune …
- Surprising Health Benefits of Peppermint
Peppermint has long been added to various products, such as candies, ice creams, gum, cakes and toothpaste, because of its …
- 5 Excellent Reasons Why You Should Be Eating Ginger Every Day
Ginger is a popular spice, for good reason – it can add much-needed zing to many recipes, from stir-fry to …
- He Pours Vinegar On Toast…What Happens Next Is Something Nobody Knows About
Vinegar isn’t just for cooking and natural remedies. It can also be used as an efficient and powerful household item. Vinegar is …
- How Much Should You be Eating? It’s Probably Less Than You Think.
How much you eat should be determined by your goals. Typically people have a goal of fat loss or muscle gain. …
- The Only Recipe Formula You’ll Ever Need For All Your Future Green Smoothies
One green smoothie each day can pack in all of the important nutrients you need to reach your health goals. …
- Coffee Vs Tea – Which Is Better?
The Earth’s population can be roughly divided into 2 groups: coffee addicts and tea lovers. Depending on where you’re from, …
- 6 Reasons Why We Should All Be Eating More Hummus
Hummus is a food experiencing a surge in popularity lately – the creamy Middle Eastern dish is now found in …
- Simple Homemade Syrup Cures Cough And Removes Phlegm From The Lungs
You’ve probably heard a lot about how carrots are good for your eyes, but you’ve probably never heard that they …
- Make This Delicious And Easy Vegan Whipped Cream Recipe Using ONLY 3 Ingredients
If you’re lactose intolerant or simply prefer vegan recipes, you’ll love this! This vegan whipped cream is unlike anything you’ve …
- How Meat Eaters Can Be Healthy and Sustainable
There’s a lot of talk out there about how meat-eating can be not only unhealthy, but environmentally unsound, as well, …
- Dark Chocolate Improves Cardiovascular Health by Reducing Inflammation
Finally! Proof that something that makes us happy and tastes good is good for us. The incidence of cardiovascular disease …
- You’ve Been Drinking Coffee at the Wrong Time…Here’s What Researchers Recommend Instead
Americans LOVE their coffee. It’s estimated that eighty percent of all adults drink caffeine on a daily basis and of …
- Cannabis Coconut Oil – Easy Recipe Combats Pain, Nausea, Seizures, and More
As scientific research takes baby steps into the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we find the door opening to an infinite …