This morning, without even knowing it, you might’ve left another deposit of potentially dangerous plastic beads in the delicate ecosystem that is your mouth.
Like millions of Americans going about their morning routine, you did not wake up this morning determined to increase your daily intake of toxins (you might already have enough, depending on your city’s pollution level). No, all you did was a basic necessity.
You simply brushed your teeth. Unfortunately, ninety-five percent of common toothpaste brands are loaded with fluoride.
There’s a reason why your tube of toothpaste has a warning label regarding fluoride. These health risks include dental fluorosis (teeth discoloration), perioral dermatitis, and impairment in your glucose metabolism.
It is also extremely worrying that if you accidentally ingest more than the recommended dose, you actually need to consult your health physician as soon as possible.
So the question is why are you still using products that contain such a dangerous ingredient?
And more importantly, how can you find a natural alternative to keep your smile healthy and happy?
Don’t worry, here’s a perfect natural homemade toothpaste recipe. It’s also vegan!
Healthy Homemade Vegan Toothpaste
- 4 tablespoons of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 5-10 drops of peppermint or clove oil
- 8 tablespoons of water
Excluding the oil of your choice, mix all your ingredients in a pot at low heat (just enough for the coconut oil to become liquid). Stir until it starts forming a consistent paste. Turn off the heat and add the peppermint or clove oil and keep stirring for another minute or two.
Place the paste in a glass jar and let it cool. Simply store at room temperature and you should be good to go.
Here’s Why it Works…
Baking soda has been used as a tooth cleanser for over 150 years. Somehow it got the reputation as being abrasive, therefore detrimental to the enamel. Nothing could be farther from the truth! Toothpastes are rated on a scale from 0 – 200 according to their abrasiveness.
This is called the RDA value or “Relative Dentin Abrasiveness.” Pure baking soda has an RDA of 7 (ask your dentist he’ll tell you the same). The lowest RDA store bought toothpaste you can find on the market is 35, which is Arm & Hammer baking soda toothpaste. The RDA for every other toothpaste just goes up from here. You can read more about toothpastes and their respective RDA values here.
There are many reasons for using baking soda for brushing teeth. It is not only the least abrasive substance to use but it also freshens breath, whitens teeth, removes stain, and is also an effective germ killer against bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease.
Coconut oil has amazing dental hygiene properties. The Lauric Acid (one of the fatty acids in coconut oil) is proven to be antimicrobial… it can kill bacteria, viruses and fungi. There’s a good reason why oil pulling works!
- Doctors Have No Explanation: Mix Cinnamon And Honey For Arthritis, Cancer, Gallbladder, Cholesterol And 10 Other Diseases
Honey cinnamon may sound like a donut flavor, but it has much more potential than just satisfying your sweet tooth. …
- This Simple Bag Trick Will Keep Your Lemons Fresh And Juicy For a Whole Month
How To Store Lemons Drinking warm lemon water in the morning is a healthy ritual for obvious reasons. Lemons are …
- 5 Easy Soaks To Rebalance Good Bacteria And Banish Stinky Feet Forever
No one likes having stinky feet. It can also be pretty embarrassing to have to take off your smelly shoes …
- 8 Risk Factors For Heart Disease That Are Often Ignored
The majority of individuals believe that high cholesterol can lead to heart disease, but there are many other factors at play …
- How Poor Digestion Is Hurting Your Thyroid And What You Can Do To Fix It
Your thyroid gland plays a big role in your digestion and your metabolism. But did you know that it goes …
- What’s Your Headache Telling You?
Everyone gets headaches, right? Actually, 90% of the population has had a headache at some time. There are five different …
- First Urban ‘Agrihood’ In America Feeds 2,000 Households For Free
Detroit ‘s organic scene isn’t much to talk about, or is it? What do you get when you combine an …
- She Holds Coconut Oil In Her Mouth For 20 Minutes Every Day…The Effects Are Incredible!
Keeping your mouth healthy and teeth whiter just got a lot easier. All you have to start doing is add this …
- Add These Three Ingredients To Your Shampoo And Say Goodbye To Hair Loss Forever
We usual associate hair loss with men, but it can actually be a really big problem for women. In fact, …
- The Science Is “Overwhelming At This Point” Wifi Industry Appeals Brain Tumor Association Ordinance
When you grab your cell phone, do you ever stop to think about what consequences it can have on your …
- Keep One of These Plants In Your Home To Protect You From Radiation, Chemicals And Cigarette Smoke
But did you know that plant also filter out airborne toxins? In fact, plants can metabolize some toxic chemicals and …
- This 5-Minute Positive Energy Meditation Will Help You Attract The Life of Your Dreams
Do you practice a daily positive energy meditation? When life gets you down, there’s nothing better to set you back …
- THIS Is Why Mountain Dew Is Terrible For You (Never Drink This Ever Again!)
Despite the increasing awareness of the harms of soda, Mountain dew is a still a popular drink among children and …
- This Lamp Can Run For Eight Hours And All It Needs Is One Glass of Salt Water
The Sustainable Alternative Lighting project, otherwise known as SALt, is releasing a lamp that runs purely on saltwater to the …
- Never Buy Laundry Detergent Again By Switching To This 5-Ingredient Mixture
Laundry detergent doesn’t just clean your clothes, it also harms your lungs. Surprised? A University of Washington study found that …