There’s nothing like dry air to make your skin look lifeless and dull, especially when it comes to your face. To keep their skin bright and smooth, men and women alike use a wide variety of products to peel away dead skin and revitalize their complexion.
These products contain questionable ingredients that penetrate your skin and make their way into your blood stream, causing toxins to accumulate in your body tissue. Scrubs and exfoliating soaps and cleanser are even worse, containing plastic microbeads that harm our aquatic ecosystems and kill our fish (1).
The Natural Solution
Green tea contains caffeine, which helps to shrink blood vessels underneath the skin and brighten the under-eye area to ward off dark circles. It also tones and moisturizes skin while soothing sunburns, healing rosacea, and calming skin irritation (2). Green tea also contains antioxidants that fight skin aging to give you healthy, youthful-looking skin.
Coconut oil is full of essential fatty acids that hydrate the skin and diminished the appearance of wrinkles. This oil is soft on the skin and fights bacteria and fungi that cause conditions like acne and skin rashes. Before applying it to your whole face, test a bit of oil on your cheek to make sure your skin can handle it (3).
Sugar acts as an exfoliating agent that removes dead skin and leaves your complexion clear and smooth. It’s best not to use sugar if you suffer from acne, so use a fine-grain sea salt or Himalayan salt instead. Since salt is more abrasive than sugar, make sure to rub the scrub very delicately when using it on your face.
Coconut Green Tea Scrub
Keep a jar of this mixture in your shower and use every 2-3 days for clear skin. You can even use it for the rest of your body if you wish.
- 1/2 tablespoon loose leaf green tea
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ¼ teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup raw organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup raw organic sugar
- Boil water and let it cool for 2-5 minutes.
- Measure out your tea, place in a strainer, and steep for 2-5 minutes.
- Remove the strainer full of tea and let the drink cool in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the oil, sugar and matcha in a medium bowl and stir well. Once cool, add 1/8 cup of the green tea and mix. If you do not own matcha, add the remaining 1/8 cup of green tea. If you do, use the remainder of the tea to make a body scrub, substituting the sugar for some fine-grain sea salt or Epsom salt.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container and use in the shower to gently exfoliate your skin. Since the scrub contains coconut oil, do not slather on cream or lotion after use.
- 48 Foods to Balance Your Hormones, Boost Your Metabolism, and Lose Weight
Hormones are chemicals that the organs produce to regulate every function in the body. All processes are in delicate balance …
- Don’t Use Products With Titanium Dioxide…You Won’t Believe How Fast It Gets Into Your Blood!
Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States(1). The three most common types of skin cancer are …
- 14 Houseplants That Thrive In Low Light
While most plants crave plenty of natural light, for indoor plant lovers, it’s not always feasible to have these sun-loving …
- 9 Simple Things You Can Do Right Now To De-Stress
We all experience and deal with stress in different ways, but there are some universal constants. Stress triggers hormones like …
- Top 10 Ways To Use Coconut Oil To Protect Your Hair And Skin From Harsh Cosmetic Products
Coconut Oil rocks on its own. It’s a serious “jack of all trades” that can easily be used for your hair …
- 4 Real Risk Factors For Heart Disease You Shouldn’t Ignore
The world is full of information. It’s also full of misinformation. Sometimes it’s hard to know which is which, especially …
- 15 Ingredients To Supercharge Your Smoothies To FIGHT Cancer And Inflammation
You’ve probably already heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This is because it kick starts …
- Anti-Aging Potential Discovered In Krill
In terms of biomass, krill is one of the most successful animal species in the world. Supplementation with krill powder …
- Natural Salve Recipe Combines The Soothing Effects of 4 Ingredients For Quick Pain Relief
Many health-savvy consumers are starting to avoid skincare products that contain petroleum, which goes into many commercial skincare products as …
- Spray This Oil And You Will Never See Mold Again
Mold is everywhere, whether you can see it or not. These microscopic fungi flourish not only in the bathroom but …
- 10 Things to Avoid To Keep Your Eyes Healthy
There are many things people do that can wreak havoc on their eyesight. From falling asleep with your contact lenses …
- How To Test For Low or High Stomach Acid In Seconds With Apple Cider Vinegar
If your stomach is producing too much acid, often you’ll experience symptoms. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD or “acid reflux”) is …
- Do NOT Eat or Serve Another Bag of Salad Until You’ve Read This! (1 Dead, 12 More Hospitalized)
No matter how many times your salad says “pre-washed”, it’s always worth it to rinse it once more. The Dole …
- These Families Are Using Medical Marijuana To Treat Their Kids And It’s Working!
Some parents are turning to cannabidiol (CBD) oil, a cannabis extract with little or none of the psychoactive compound THC, …
- Monsanto’s Glyphosate Poisoning Lake Erie, Causing Toxic Algae Blooms Responsible For Killing Fish
Mention the name “Monsanto” and you are sure to get a rise from almost everyone these days. This behemoth biotech …