There’s nothing like dry air to make your skin look lifeless and dull, especially when it comes to your face. To keep their skin bright and smooth, men and women alike use a wide variety of products to peel away dead skin and revitalize their complexion.
These products contain questionable ingredients that penetrate your skin and make their way into your blood stream, causing toxins to accumulate in your body tissue. Scrubs and exfoliating soaps and cleanser are even worse, containing plastic microbeads that harm our aquatic ecosystems and kill our fish (1).
The Natural Solution
Green tea contains caffeine, which helps to shrink blood vessels underneath the skin and brighten the under-eye area to ward off dark circles. It also tones and moisturizes skin while soothing sunburns, healing rosacea, and calming skin irritation (2). Green tea also contains antioxidants that fight skin aging to give you healthy, youthful-looking skin.
Coconut oil is full of essential fatty acids that hydrate the skin and diminished the appearance of wrinkles. This oil is soft on the skin and fights bacteria and fungi that cause conditions like acne and skin rashes. Before applying it to your whole face, test a bit of oil on your cheek to make sure your skin can handle it (3).
Sugar acts as an exfoliating agent that removes dead skin and leaves your complexion clear and smooth. It’s best not to use sugar if you suffer from acne, so use a fine-grain sea salt or Himalayan salt instead. Since salt is more abrasive than sugar, make sure to rub the scrub very delicately when using it on your face.
Coconut Green Tea Scrub
Keep a jar of this mixture in your shower and use every 2-3 days for clear skin. You can even use it for the rest of your body if you wish.
- 1/2 tablespoon loose leaf green tea
- ¼ cup filtered water
- ¼ teaspoon matcha powder
- 1 cup raw organic extra-virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup raw organic sugar
- Boil water and let it cool for 2-5 minutes.
- Measure out your tea, place in a strainer, and steep for 2-5 minutes.
- Remove the strainer full of tea and let the drink cool in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine the oil, sugar and matcha in a medium bowl and stir well. Once cool, add 1/8 cup of the green tea and mix. If you do not own matcha, add the remaining 1/8 cup of green tea. If you do, use the remainder of the tea to make a body scrub, substituting the sugar for some fine-grain sea salt or Epsom salt.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container and use in the shower to gently exfoliate your skin. Since the scrub contains coconut oil, do not slather on cream or lotion after use.
- When a Liver Transplant Didn’t Cure Him…This 63-Year-Old Grandpa Used Cannabis Oil To Beat Cancer
A 63-year-old grandpa and retired builder from Hastings, East Sussex, England, says he cured himself of liver cancer by taking …
- Own A Pet? Here Are 4 Unexpected Ways Your Pet Is Making You Healthier!
It’s hard to imagine the average American household without thinking about pets. Not surprisingly, 2 out of 3 families in …
- Study: Kitchen Sponges Are 200,000 Times Dirtier Than a Toilet Seat (And 17 Other Super Dirty Items)
When it comes to cleaning, the bathroom is typically where most of your efforts are focused. You probably make sure …
- 5 Healthy Practices for the Office
For those of us who spend our days in an office, it can be challenging to keep up healthy habits! …
- 6 Disturbing Ways Pesticides Are Hurting Your Body
There’s no getting around it: pesticides are bad for you. They’re literally poison – toxins designed to kill pests and …
- Chewing Broccoli And Watercress Unlocks Natural Compounds That Kill Cancer Cells Within 24 Hours
You’ve probably heard of eating foods of every color of the rainbow throughout the day, but if you have a …
- How To Make A Homemade Eczema Cream
Ceara (the creator of this recipe) used this cream to help heal her entire families eczema – but this can …
- Sleep Helps Flush Toxins From The Brain
A good night’s rest may clear your head – literally. For centuries, scientists and philosophers have wondered why people sleep and …
- How To Cleanse Your Kidneys Almost Instantly Using This Natural Home Drink
Your kidneys are constantly filtering your blood, making sure that waste products exit your body from urine. When you live …
- 10 Medicinal Plants That Should Be in Every Garden
In (not-so-long-ago) days past, many families kept a little herb garden–even if it was in a windowbox. The herbs were …
- 4 Natural Ways to Protect Your Liver From Prescription Drug Damage
Your liver carries a great deal of responsibility in your body, most having to do with filtering the blood to …
- Lead Developer Of HPV Vaccines Comes Clean, Warns Parents & Young Girls It’s All A Giant Deadly Scam
The HPV vaccine controversy has got many people confused. Here’s what you need to know. The human papillomavirus (HPV) is a …
- How To Use Himalayan Salt Lamps For Better Air, Sleep And Mental Clarity
Himalayan crystal salt is the purest salt available on earth. Hence why it is used a lot for salt lamps. …
- See How Much Fat You Can Burn By Adding Prunes, Kefir And Oats To Your Morning Breakfast
Skipping out on your first meal of the day is never a good idea, unless you actually know what you’re doing. In …
- Your Adrenals Are More Important To Your Health Than You Think
If I asked you to pick which organ was most crucial to your daily health, well-being, and ability to resist …