The sooner you diagnose kidney damage, the more effective your treatment. These little guys generally try to warn you of kidney damage before bigger health problems show up. After all, kidneys are vital organs that are responsible for waste elimination. So when kidney functions aren’t working properly, toxins will accumulate within the body.
Here’s what you should look out for:
1. Lower Back Pain
Pain and discomfort in the lower back is one of the most common symptoms of poor kidney health.
The pain may begin on one or both sides; however, if left untreated, it will generally affect both sides within a short period of time.
This discomfort will ease, in some cases, whenever you urinate.
2. Urination Patterns
Another common warning signal is changes in urinary function such as an odd or unfamiliar odor, paler or darker appearance, and reduced or increased frequency.
Urine may suddenly become foamy or it may become painful to urinate.
If you experience any of these symptoms or discover blood in your pee, it is important to consult a professional immediately.
Generally speaking changes in urinary patterns are signals of acute kidney problems.
When kidneys are not functioning properly and not eliminating waste from the body efficiently it can cause edema or swelling.
These fluids may accumulate in hands; feet; legs; ankles; and face. In extremely serious cases edema can develop in the lungs and heart (1).
4. Skin Problems
Poorly functioning kidneys can allow toxins to build up and cause dryness, rashes, and serious itching (2).
There are a number of topical treatments, prescription, OTC, and natural ingredients that can help; however, these will not address the underlying condition.
5. Oxygen Failure
One of the vital functions of the kidneys is to produce erythropoietin which is important for the production oxygen carrying red blood cells.
The shortage of red blood cells in the body can result in anemia or iron deficiency.
Low iron levels can make individuals feel cold even in a warm environment as well as chronic weakness and fatigue.
Oxygen plays many major roles in the human body and when it is not properly transported through the various systems they all suffer.
How To Improve Kidney Health
- Avoid Cadmium
- Do Not Smoke
- Drink Plenty of Healthy Fluids
- Engage in Daily Physical Activity
- Drink Cranberry Juice
- Consume Herbal Teas – Juniper Berries; Horsetail; Goldenrod Blossoms; Burdock Root;
- What Happens To Your Body When You Eat Too Much Protein
Protein is a vital part of everyone’s daily diet. It helps build muscle mass, provides vital energy, and helps burn …
- Two Natural Solutions For Bleeding Gums, Gingivitis, And a Healthy Heart
Researchers from Brazil’s Paraíba State University have determined that extracts of pomegranate and chamomile can help heal bleeding gums. The …
- Why Garlic May Be the Best Natural Treatment Against Hair Loss Caused By Fungi
Anyone can suffer from hair loss issues. In some cases, it is a sign of aging, but men and women …
- THIS Oil Relieves Pain FASTER Than Both Pain Meds and ALL Other Natural Remedies
What do you do when you experience muscle pain? If you’re like most Americans, you probably open up your bathroom …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Get Aspartame Poisoning From Diet Sodas
You may have never heard about it but aspartame poisoning is very real. Also known under different names such as …
- 3 Friends Built A Garden. It’s On A Roof, But That’s Not Even The Best Part.
Usually, grocery shopping in a city isn’t an experience where you have a lot of local choices. Do you want …
- 4 Real Risk Factors For Heart Disease You Shouldn’t Ignore
The world is full of information. It’s also full of misinformation. Sometimes it’s hard to know which is which, especially …
- The DIY Cayenne Pepper Ointment Anyone With Psoriasis Needs to Know How to Make
Psoriasis isn’t really a skin condition—it’s a manifestation of an auto-immune condition. And a painful and unsightly one at that. T-cells …
- Forget 10,000 Steps. For Happy Knees, 6,000 Will Do It
For arthritis sufferers, it’s a Catch-22: joints hurt so you don’t want to move but moving regularly makes your joints …
- This Natural Food Could End The Use of Harmful Pesticides And There’s Already a Patent For It
This article first appeared on JeffereyJaxen. Humanity is facing a toxicity problem as our immediate environment becomes increasingly riddled with pesticides. They are …
- 15 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Your Body And Home!
You’d think that the products you use to keep your home clean and healthy for your family would do just …
- Get Rid of Foot Pain in Minutes With These 6 Effective Stretches
In Reflexology, the feet are the center of the body: all energy meridians used in acupuncture flow through the feet. …
- 6 Plants that Will Help Keep Your House Naturally Cool
There’s something about house plants that makes a place homier. Bringing green into your home feels comforting, especially in winter …
- How To Make A Slimming Herbal Tea
This herbal tea will slim the waistline, stabilize mood, improve sleep, increase libido, decrease water retention and create a more …
- The Worst 5 Phones To Carry On You If You Want To Avoid Cancer
Cell phones do a great job at connecting people. The problem is, they may be slowly poisoning us with every call …