The sooner you diagnose kidney damage, the more effective your treatment. These little guys generally try to warn you of kidney damage before bigger health problems show up. After all, kidneys are vital organs that are responsible for waste elimination. So when kidney functions aren’t working properly, toxins will accumulate within the body.
Here’s what you should look out for:
1. Lower Back Pain
Pain and discomfort in the lower back is one of the most common symptoms of poor kidney health.
The pain may begin on one or both sides; however, if left untreated, it will generally affect both sides within a short period of time.
This discomfort will ease, in some cases, whenever you urinate.
2. Urination Patterns
Another common warning signal is changes in urinary function such as an odd or unfamiliar odor, paler or darker appearance, and reduced or increased frequency.
Urine may suddenly become foamy or it may become painful to urinate.
If you experience any of these symptoms or discover blood in your pee, it is important to consult a professional immediately.
Generally speaking changes in urinary patterns are signals of acute kidney problems.
When kidneys are not functioning properly and not eliminating waste from the body efficiently it can cause edema or swelling.
These fluids may accumulate in hands; feet; legs; ankles; and face. In extremely serious cases edema can develop in the lungs and heart (1).
4. Skin Problems
Poorly functioning kidneys can allow toxins to build up and cause dryness, rashes, and serious itching (2).
There are a number of topical treatments, prescription, OTC, and natural ingredients that can help; however, these will not address the underlying condition.
5. Oxygen Failure
One of the vital functions of the kidneys is to produce erythropoietin which is important for the production oxygen carrying red blood cells.
The shortage of red blood cells in the body can result in anemia or iron deficiency.
Low iron levels can make individuals feel cold even in a warm environment as well as chronic weakness and fatigue.
Oxygen plays many major roles in the human body and when it is not properly transported through the various systems they all suffer.
How To Improve Kidney Health
- Avoid Cadmium
- Do Not Smoke
- Drink Plenty of Healthy Fluids
- Engage in Daily Physical Activity
- Drink Cranberry Juice
- Consume Herbal Teas – Juniper Berries; Horsetail; Goldenrod Blossoms; Burdock Root;
- The Raisins That Cause Allergies, Respiratory Problems, Lung Disease, and Even Cancer
American children are no strangers to raisins – one of the most popular treats found at snack time in schools …
- Clear Your Lungs And Sinuses In 30 Minutes With These Homemade Shower Disks
No one likes feeling sick. Having a sore throat, puffy eyes, and a stuffy nose is a recipe for sleepless …
- 8 Easy Tips To Help You Stop Snoring Naturally
Snoring can be a major problem when it comes to sleeping, both for the snorer and their spouse. How do …
- 6 Most Common Symptoms of Liver Toxicity
After your skin, your liver is the second largest organ in your body. Often overlooked, your liver performs a variety of …
- This Bug’s Bite Can Make You Temporarily Allergic to Red Meat
It’s a bizarre, circuitous story. The best kind. Several years ago, a researcher working on the development of cancer drug …
- The Ancient German Remedy That Unclogs Your Arteries And Boosts Your Immune System
In most cases, high cholesterol is an indication of an unhealthy lifestyle of fatty foods and lack of exercise. Over …
- How To Use Herbalized Oils In Your Nose To Detox And Flush Out Toxins From Your Brain
Have you ever heard about “Nasya?” It’s considered one the top healing techniques used in Ayurveda. Nasya is the nasal inhalation …
- How to Grow an Endless Supply of Lemons From Seed (This Will Last You a Lifetime)
Learning how to grow a lemon tree from seed is surprisingly rewarding and easy. While lemon trees tend to flourish outdoors year-round in …
- Here’s Why So Many Olympic Athletes Are Going Crazy For THIS Ancient Healing Technique!
If you’ve been following the Rio Olympics this year, then you’ve probably caught a glimpse of the large polka-dots bruises …
- All Positive Reviews: “Becoming a Supple Leopard”
With nearly two months in Amazon’s top 100 fitness bestsellers, Becoming a Supple Leopard is unique to the category in …
- How To Treat Sugar Induced Fatty Liver Disease Using Green Tea And Turmeric
Turmeric is one of the healthiest spices in the world. It’s most active compound, curcumin, has been shown to have …
- This Man Cut His Thumb And Was Bleeding Excessively Until He Used THIS Spice…Amazing!
Believe it or not, cayenne pepper can save your life. You may have heard about how science is attempting to …
- 10 Healthy Habits That Will Keep Your Kidneys Happy
Kidneys are amazing organs, with the ability to sustain adult human life at only 20 percent of its normal functioning …
- 7 Warning Signs of An Imminent Heart Attack That Women Shouldn’t Ignore
According to the American Heart Association, heart attacks affect someone every 34 seconds (1). Commonly listed heart attack symptoms effectively …
- Why Homemade Sauerkraut Could Be Your Secret Weapon Against Fat, Cancer And Heart Disease
When it comes to probiotics, most people think of pills or yogurt, but there are many other foods that have …