6. V-shoulder Raise to Chest Press
This exercise requires your exercise band. Start by grabbing an end of your band in each hand. Now, step backward with your left foot and place it on top of the band. As you hold this “split stance,” lift your arms out to your sides to shoulder height (the band should form a “V”).
Next, keep your arms at the same height as you bring your hands in front of you until they touch together. Now, move them back out to return to the V position and then lower your arms back to your sides to the starting position. This will complete one rep.
Do 16 reps. If you find this is hard at first, you can always just start by lifting your arms until the band forms a V and then lower them back down. As you get better at the exercise you can start bringing your arms in front of you.
7. Underhand Rows in Boat Pose
This last exercise also uses your exercise band. It will not only tone your biceps but it will also help tone your back, and as an added bonus, give you those toned and sexy abs. Start by placing your body in the “boat pose” — sit on a cushioned floor or yoga matt and bend your legs and raise them until your shins are parallel to the ground.
At the same time, lean back and balance on your bottom. Wrap the band around your feet, and take in the slack by wrapping the ends of the band around your hands until it is firm. Now, turn your forearms up so your palms face the ceiling. As you do this, tighten your abs and back and pull your hands in to touch the bottom of your rib cage. Finally, slowly let your arms return to the starting position. This is one rep. Complete 16 reps.
If you find this too hard at first, you can always start by completely omitting the “boat pose” and instead, simply sit on the floor with your legs out in front of you. Sit straight up and complete the rows. This will not be as beneficial to your abs, but you will get there!
Do these exercises every other day for about 15 minutes and before you know it, you will be flaunting your new arms in a strapless dress or your favorite tank top.
A few tips to help you lose that arm fat faster!
- Drink Plenty of Water – Hydrating is the name of the game! Water not only helps to fill you up, but it keeps you hydrated and able to flush out toxins that can cause weight gain. Studies also show that if you drink two cups of water before your three main meals, you can lose more weight! (1)
- Always Eat Breakfast – Never skip breakfast because it will undoubtedly lead to excessive eating later in the day. In one study, it actually showed that people who ate breakfast as their largest meal lost an average of 17.8 pounds over three months compared to people who didn’t. (2)
- Use Smaller Plates – By using smaller plates you can actually eat less but think you are eating more. One study showed that halving the plate size can lead to a 30 percent reduction in amount of food you eat on average! (3)
- Avoid Snacking – If you plan your meals correctly, you won’t feel like snacking, especially on unhealthy salty and sugary foods!
- Count those Calories – If you can reduce your daily intake of calories by 500 calories every day, in one week you will have taken in 3500 calories less, which is actually equal to 1 pound of fat.
Image source: prevention