A painful and inflamed throat is a good indication that you may have a strep infection.
Strep throat is very common and can happen to anyone, especially in children thirteen years and younger.
Fortunately, there are many effective natural ways to stave off and treat the infection.
Here are the best ones you can use. These natural remedies help soothe the pain, counter the inflammation, and attack the bacteria.
A staple ingredient in natural remedies, honey has very strong healing properties (1). When it comes to throat infections, drinking tea with lemon and honey will help improve your condition.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
You probably already know about the many health benefits of consuming apple cider vinegar. But did you know that it could also be useful against strep throat?
Simply dilute ACV in a glass of warm water and gargle. Although the amount you use can vary from one person to another, using 1-3 teaspoons in 8 oz of water will usually be enough. You can choose to do 1/4 cup of ACV in 16 oz of water.
3. Cayenne pepper
Studies have shown that cayenne pepper is well absorbed by your skin. In fact, it’s often used in salves to treat muscle and joint pain.
The best way to use cayenne pepper is to apply it on your throat and on the swollen lymph nodes on your neck.
Cayenne Pepper Cream
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- half a cup of coconut oil or olive oil
- Mix both ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Apply directly on the skin.
4. Vitamin C
Although vitamin C is widely known to cure scurvy, the vitamin can be taken to help combat viruses, stress, and promote health overall. Taking 1,000mg of quality vitamin C 3 times daily can produce amazing results, especially when combined with other solutions for treating strep throat. (source)
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils like thyme, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, grapefruit, sage and cinnamon can be extremely effective in the case of strep throat.
Due to their powerful antibacterial effects, these oils can be beneficial against internal bacterial infections.
In order to feel quick relief, add five drops of some essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Drape a towel over your head and inhale the steam for a few minutes a few times a day.
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …
- Here’s What You Didn’t Know You Could Do With Baking Soda (From Fighting Heartburn To Cancer)
Baking soda is one of those things that can do pretty much anything. Whether you use it for cleaning, personal hygiene …
- Try the World’s 7 Easiest Exercises for Back Fat and Underarm Flab
Fitness is a whole-body state. Muscle strength and tone along with cardiovascular health go together to complete the picture. No …
- Remove All Toxins From The Body In 3 Days (Prevent Cancer, Excess Fat And Water Retention!)
If you’re feeling tired or sluggish, it may be time to cleanse and detox your body. Things like stress, poor …
- 20 Natural Ways to Cleanse Your Lungs
Most of us take breathing for granted. Even if you don’t smoke or experience respiratory problems, an occasional lung cleanse …
- 14 Early Warning Signs Of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know (Millions Are Exposed Every Day)
When you hear the word mold, you often think of rotten food or dirty showers in bathrooms, but this very …
- How to Effectively Remove a Painful Ingrown Toenail WITHOUT Having To Go To The Doctor
If you ever suffered from an ingrown toenail, then you know that it’s not only super painful, it’s also hard …
- THIS Is What Happens To Your Face After Washing It With Coconut Oil and Baking Soda
Baking soda and coconut oil face wash, can be very good for washing your face. Exfoliating your skin has become …
- Energy Saving Light Bulbs Are Poisonous To The Brain, Nervous System, Liver, Kidneys And Heart
There is a growing frenzy about the safety of energy saving light bulbs, which have grown increasingly popular. The US …