A painful and inflamed throat is a good indication that you may have a strep infection.
Strep throat is very common and can happen to anyone, especially in children thirteen years and younger.
Fortunately, there are many effective natural ways to stave off and treat the infection.
Here are the best ones you can use. These natural remedies help soothe the pain, counter the inflammation, and attack the bacteria.
A staple ingredient in natural remedies, honey has very strong healing properties (1). When it comes to throat infections, drinking tea with lemon and honey will help improve your condition.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
You probably already know about the many health benefits of consuming apple cider vinegar. But did you know that it could also be useful against strep throat?
Simply dilute ACV in a glass of warm water and gargle. Although the amount you use can vary from one person to another, using 1-3 teaspoons in 8 oz of water will usually be enough. You can choose to do 1/4 cup of ACV in 16 oz of water.
3. Cayenne pepper
Studies have shown that cayenne pepper is well absorbed by your skin. In fact, it’s often used in salves to treat muscle and joint pain.
The best way to use cayenne pepper is to apply it on your throat and on the swollen lymph nodes on your neck.
Cayenne Pepper Cream
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- half a cup of coconut oil or olive oil
- Mix both ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Apply directly on the skin.
4. Vitamin C
Although vitamin C is widely known to cure scurvy, the vitamin can be taken to help combat viruses, stress, and promote health overall. Taking 1,000mg of quality vitamin C 3 times daily can produce amazing results, especially when combined with other solutions for treating strep throat. (source)
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils like thyme, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, grapefruit, sage and cinnamon can be extremely effective in the case of strep throat.
Due to their powerful antibacterial effects, these oils can be beneficial against internal bacterial infections.
In order to feel quick relief, add five drops of some essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Drape a towel over your head and inhale the steam for a few minutes a few times a day.
- What Nobody Ever Told You About Diffusing Essential Oils
Looking for a holistic and effective way to elevate your mood, purify the air you breathe and improve brain function? Then you need to start …
- The EXACT Amount Of Calcium Your Body Needs Depending On Your Age
By now, you’ve probably seen enough yogurt and almond advertisements to know that calcium has become a strong selling point. …
- This Simple Bag Trick Will Keep Your Lemons Fresh And Juicy For a Whole Month
How To Store Lemons Drinking warm lemon water in the morning is a healthy ritual for obvious reasons. Lemons are …
- 5 Tips to Help You Fall Asleep Faster
Pretty much everybody has had difficulty sleeping at one time or another, whether it was because their regular sleep schedule …
- How To Unclog a Smelly Drain In Minutes WITHOUT Using Toxic Drain Cleaner!
There’s nothing worse than waking up in the morning, stepping into the shower to wash up and being woken up …
- 8 Sleeping Positions and Their Effects on Health
Getting enough sleep is most important – but did you know that how you sleep can also impact your health? …
- This Chart Tells You EXACTLY How Much Sleep You Need To Get According To Your Age
We all know at least one workaholic who sacrifices a few hours of sleep each night to stay productive and get …
- Victory! World’s Largest Spice Company To Go Organic And Non-GMO by 2016
Organic and non-GMO products have really taken over mainstream market trends. Last year, American spice giant McCormick announced that 80% …
- When The Body Seeks Help: 10 Important Signals That You Can’t Ignore
The ultimate goal of the human body is to survive and thrive. So when something isn’t quite in sync, your …
- This Guy Was Born With Just One Arm… Watch Him Annihilate All Your Gym-Skpping Excuses
Excuses are the only things preventing most people from getting into shape. That’s why Luke Ericson’s strategy for dealing with this is simple: …
- Why This Photo of Breast Milk Is Going Viral And The Shocking Difference Between The Two!
Whether its through bacteria or pheromones, our bodies communicate in subtle ways. When it comes to the relationship between a …
- Big City Jail Creates Ingenious Way to Rehabilitate Prisoners. (and Feed Them, Too!)
(DenverPost) Instead of inmate beds, a bed of lettuce sits in the Denver jail’s Palmer Building, where a convict dormitory …
- From Cellulite Scrub To Wasp Repellent: 10 Amazing Uses For Coffee Grounds You Never Knew Existed
If you drink coffee every day, then you probably go through a lot of coffee ground. While these little grounds might …
- Former American Cancer Society Regional CEO Refuses To Drink Milk, Explains Why
“Got Milk?” While this was the U.S. dairy industry’s slogan for over two decades, former CEO of the Oregon division …
- 21 Surprising Uses For Lemons That You Haven’t Tried Yet, But Should
There’s a reason why cleaning products often smell like lemon. This little citrus fruit works as a powerful cleaner and …