A painful and inflamed throat is a good indication that you may have a strep infection.
Strep throat is very common and can happen to anyone, especially in children thirteen years and younger.
Fortunately, there are many effective natural ways to stave off and treat the infection.
Here are the best ones you can use. These natural remedies help soothe the pain, counter the inflammation, and attack the bacteria.
A staple ingredient in natural remedies, honey has very strong healing properties (1). When it comes to throat infections, drinking tea with lemon and honey will help improve your condition.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
You probably already know about the many health benefits of consuming apple cider vinegar. But did you know that it could also be useful against strep throat?
Simply dilute ACV in a glass of warm water and gargle. Although the amount you use can vary from one person to another, using 1-3 teaspoons in 8 oz of water will usually be enough. You can choose to do 1/4 cup of ACV in 16 oz of water.
3. Cayenne pepper
Studies have shown that cayenne pepper is well absorbed by your skin. In fact, it’s often used in salves to treat muscle and joint pain.
The best way to use cayenne pepper is to apply it on your throat and on the swollen lymph nodes on your neck.
Cayenne Pepper Cream
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- half a cup of coconut oil or olive oil
- Mix both ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Apply directly on the skin.
4. Vitamin C
Although vitamin C is widely known to cure scurvy, the vitamin can be taken to help combat viruses, stress, and promote health overall. Taking 1,000mg of quality vitamin C 3 times daily can produce amazing results, especially when combined with other solutions for treating strep throat. (source)
5. Essential Oils
Essential oils like thyme, lavender, lemon, lemongrass, grapefruit, sage and cinnamon can be extremely effective in the case of strep throat.
Due to their powerful antibacterial effects, these oils can be beneficial against internal bacterial infections.
In order to feel quick relief, add five drops of some essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Drape a towel over your head and inhale the steam for a few minutes a few times a day.
- Beware: This Common Ingredient In Toothpaste Causes Cancer And Liver Damage!
If you think antibacterial products are good for your health, think again. One of the main antibacterial products in toothpaste, …
- Boy Loses 75% of His Eyesight Because of This Small Toy That You Probably Have At Home
tag: laser pointer injury According to ABC, a Tasmanian teenager suffered a serious injury to his vision by playing with a …
- 4 Easy Ways to Detox After Thanksgiving Day
There are many excellent methods to detox, and after indulging in a holiday feast, there is hardly a better time …
- 6 Ways to Boost a Slow Metabolism. Just Doing #5 Helps A Lot.
The dreaded slow metabolism is a frequent roadblock in the effort to get fit by losing weight. If your body …
- Professor of Plant Biology Destroys Roundup in 3 Minutes
Who is Dr. Don M. Huber? For 50 years, he’s been a scientist studying plant diseases in the U.S. and …
- Make One Of These 4 Drinks Before Bed To Fall Asleep, Stay Asleep And Burn Fat While Doing It
There’s no arguing that obesity has reached epidemic proportions in the US. A simple walk down any American street reveals …
- 87 Low-Carb Vegetables That Will Make Weight Loss Easy
Eating your vegetables seems to be a pretty straightforward way of improving your health and losing weight. Processed foods have …
- This Type of Butter Causes Acne, Breast and Prostate Cancers
Butter is back in our good books. A flurry of recent studies has targeted the common belief that butter contributes …
- Drink This ONE Ingredient Juice in The Morning and Evening. Sleep 90 More Minutes a Night!
With an estimated one third of Americans over the age of 65 suffering from insomnia, researchers from Louisiana State University …
- WATCH: Bacteria Invade Antibiotics And Transform Into Superbugs
This is very cool, very novel, very impressive, and fairly frightening. Over the past couple of decades, the medical community …
- 4 Comfortable Sleeping Positions for Couples
Sleeping with a partner is nice. Sometimes. Other times, it can affect the healthy sleep of both people and force …
- 8 Habits of Unhappy People You Need To Avoid At All Cost
Happiness is something we all want. Sometimes, it’s easy to achieve. Especially when everything in your life seems to be …
- Are You Being Overprescribed Antibiotics?
Antibiotics are, by all means, incredibly useful drugs, and they’ve turned what used to be lethal illnesses into mere annoyances (and maybe …
- Widely Prescribed Drug Deactivates Stem Cells Responsible For Cellular Repair Causing Rapid Aging
Statins, the widely prescribed class of drugs said to lower “bad” cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart problems, has …
- 5 Vitamins Every Woman Should Take To Avoid Serious Health Problems
We need vitamins for normal cell function, growth, and development. Unfortunately, our bodies do not typically make vitamins, so we …