If you’re a real bonafide health nut, then chances are that you always have a few avocados in your kitchen.
And while the green fruit sure is good on its own or in savory recipes, the creaminess of avocados lends itself well to sweet recipes too.
If you alarmed by the thought of how the slight bitterness of avocados works in a dessert, fret no more. Chocolate covers up the flavor, making it a delicious and nutritious combination.
Avocado Chocolate Cake Recipe
You’ll never look at chocolate cake the same way again!
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons organic cocao powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed until smooth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups raw coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease and flour two 9” round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine all your dry ingredients except sugar.
- In another bowl, combine all your wet ingredients, including the avocado and whisk thoroughly.
- Add sugar to the wet ingredients and whisk again.
- Make a small dent in the dry ingredients and slowly pour the wet batter into the bowl, stirring to combine. Do not over-stir.
- Divide the batter evenly into the two pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes before removing the cakes from their pans and letting them cool completely.
If you wish, frost the cakes by making a frosting out of 2 ripe mashed avocados, 1 cup of fine-grain or powdered coconut sugar and 5 tablespoons of cacao powder. Whip up the frosting to get a thick, rich texture.
Once the cakes are completely cool, frost the top of the first cake and place the second cake on top on this layer of frosting. Frost the top and sides of the double-decker cake. Enjoy!
Sign Up for Our Free Daily Newsletter
And receive a free report on how to REVERSE 7 of the most dangerous diseases including cancer, heart disease, arthritis...and ELIMINATE pain naturally.