Although your blood keeps you alive and is rushing through your body constantly, it’s easy to forget that it’s even there.
Proper blood flow is important because it ensures that the heart isn’t overworked (in the case of high blood pressure) and that the organs and bodily tissues aren’t starved of oxygen or nutrients (in the case of low blood pressure).
Certain lifestyle habits, like inactivity, chronic stress and poor diet can dramatically increase your blood pressure.
If you like feel your heart beating too fast and your arteries are being strained, simply try this 5-minutes trick.
What Is High Blood Pressure ?
According to the Mayo clinic, high blood pressure is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough that it may eventually cause health problems, such as heart disease.
The more blood your heart pumps and the narrower your arteries, the higher your blood pressure (1).
Blood pressure can also rise if you’re feeling anxious or angry or if you’ve been inactive for too long (2). The condition is usually managed through harsh prescription drugs called antihypertensives (3).
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Dizziness or light-headedness.
- Erection problems.
- Feeling nervous.
- Feeling tired, weak, drowsy, or a lack of energy.
- Nausea or vomiting.
Acupressure And High Blood Pressure
Acupressure use the same pressure points and meridians as acupuncture. It uses gentle to firm finger pressure instead of needles. When these acupressure points are stimulated, they release muscular tension, help blood flow and promote healing (5).
Draw an invisible line beginning from the ear lobe to the middle of your collarbone. Do not massage or press on the line. Instead, lightly run your finger along it in a downward motion. You should barely touching your skin. Repeat the motion 10 times on each side of your neck.
Look at yourself in the mirror. Starting from your earlobe, move your index figner half a centimeter towards the center of your face. Locate this spot on both sides of the face. Firmly massage both points simultaneously, using a circular motion. Work on this spot for at least 5 minutes.
You should feel instant relief, but it’s important to take the time to relax to keep your blood pressure stable. In the long run, daily exercise, healthy eating and quitting cigarettes will help keep your blood flow in check.
- What You Need to Know About Blood Pressure
Just about a third of Americans with high blood pressure aren’t even aware of the fact that they have it …
- A Healing Cucumber and Garlic Salad: Lowers Cholesterol and Regulates High Blood Pressure
According to the Mayo Clinic, high blood pressure is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood …
- Dangerous Chemical Found in Cans and Plastic Bottles Linked to High Blood Pressure
A recent study confirmed that BPA (bisphenol A) increases blood pressure in humans when ingested. BPA, a chemical commonly used …
- Early Warning Signs Your Blood Pressure is Dangerously High (1 in 5 Don’t Know They Have It!)
Hypertension has become so widespread that people often forget how serious the condition really is. In the United States alone, …
- Coconut Water Found To Lower Blood Pressure By As Much As 71% In Study Participants
Coconut water is not only delicious, but it could be a viable natural solution to lowering your blood pressure. One …
- Taking Hypertension Meds For More Than 10 Years Increase Your Risk of Breast Cancer
Hypertension and pre-hypertension are serious public health concerns in the United States, with 2 out of every 3 adults affected …
- Natural Compound Found in Celery Offers “Promising Results” To People With High Blood Pressure
Dr. Michael Murray, a leading authority on natural medicine, says a compound found in celery seed extract offers promising benefits to people …
- This Is What Happens To Your Blood Pressure When You Use THIS Instead Of Salt…
Have high blood pressure? Here’s a new way to fight it: Add more herbs and spices to your food. This …
- Cinnamon and Magnesium Lower Blood Pressure More Than Any Medication In The World
Supplementation with cinnamon has been found to lower blood pressure in pre-diabetic and diabetic people. Cinnamon combined with magnesium, diet …
- 4 Effective Ways To Use Garlic For High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is a common condition, but it’s easily avoidable in most cases (1). Your blood pressure changes constantly …
- 8 Delicious Superfoods That Can Help You Manage High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure affects approximately one in every three American adults – about 70 million people. According to the US …
- Regular Mid-Day Naps Can Help Lower Blood Pressure And Decrease Your Risk of Heart Attacks
New research revealed at the European Society of Cardiology conference in London, England(1) has shown that a regular mid-day nap …
- 10 Best Tasting Foods That Lower Blood Pressure Naturally
Foods that lowers blood pressure is very accessible. High blood pressure, or hypertension, affects 67 million adults  in the United …
- What Your Blood Pressure Should Be According To Your Age
High blood pressure may be a common condition, but it should never be taken lightly. Even though nearly half of …
- 5 Foods That Can Help Lower Blood Pressure (No. 3 Is Also Great For Athletes!)
High blood pressure is known as the ‘silent killer’ because it generally has no symptoms but if left unchecked can …