Although your blood keeps you alive and is rushing through your body constantly, it’s easy to forget that it’s even there.
Proper blood flow is important because it ensures that the heart isn’t overworked (in the case of high blood pressure) and that the organs and bodily tissues aren’t starved of oxygen or nutrients (in the case of low blood pressure).
Certain lifestyle habits, like inactivity, chronic stress and poor diet can dramatically increase your blood pressure.
If you like feel your heart beating too fast and your arteries are being strained, simply try this 5-minutes trick.
What Is High Blood Pressure ?
According to the Mayo clinic, high blood pressure is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough that it may eventually cause health problems, such as heart disease.
The more blood your heart pumps and the narrower your arteries, the higher your blood pressure (1).
Blood pressure can also rise if you’re feeling anxious or angry or if you’ve been inactive for too long (2). The condition is usually managed through harsh prescription drugs called antihypertensives (3).
- Diarrhea or constipation.
- Dizziness or light-headedness.
- Erection problems.
- Feeling nervous.
- Feeling tired, weak, drowsy, or a lack of energy.
- Nausea or vomiting.
Acupressure And High Blood Pressure
Acupressure use the same pressure points and meridians as acupuncture. It uses gentle to firm finger pressure instead of needles. When these acupressure points are stimulated, they release muscular tension, help blood flow and promote healing (5).
Draw an invisible line beginning from the ear lobe to the middle of your collarbone. Do not massage or press on the line. Instead, lightly run your finger along it in a downward motion. You should barely touching your skin. Repeat the motion 10 times on each side of your neck.
Look at yourself in the mirror. Starting from your earlobe, move your index figner half a centimeter towards the center of your face. Locate this spot on both sides of the face. Firmly massage both points simultaneously, using a circular motion. Work on this spot for at least 5 minutes.
You should feel instant relief, but it’s important to take the time to relax to keep your blood pressure stable. In the long run, daily exercise, healthy eating and quitting cigarettes will help keep your blood flow in check.
- Top 7 Ways to Reduce Fluoride Exposure
In 1945, Grand Rapids, Michigan became the first US city to fluoridate the public water supply. The idea quickly caught …
- How To Effectively Deep-Clean And Freshen Your Mattress Without Using Bleach
Although most people clean their bed sheets every week, it’s rare for people to think of washing their mattress even …
- New Device Plugs Gunshot Wounds Within Seconds
The average adult has about five liters of blood, depending on size and weight. Gunshot wounds can cause a person …
- 5 Easy Steps to Improve Gut Health And Kill Hidden Bad Bugs That Make You Sick
As modern medicine evolves, we learn more and more about our bodies and the vast number of ways various parts …
- The Health Dangers of Sleep Deprivation
Do you know how much sleep you need? Recently, BBC News covered a story on an athlete who was killed …
- Specialized Eyeglasses Make Cancer Glow Blue for Surgeons
A new prototype eyewear makes cancerous cells illuminate blue while looking through the lenses. The yet-unnamed device was developed by a …
- 3 Easy Homemade Remedies That You Can Use Immediately To Beat The Bloat
Do you ever feel bloated after a meal or maybe it feels like you have “food baby?” If that’s the case, here’s three …
- Scientists Examine Brain Cells While Healing Intention Is Directed Towards Them – Here’s What Happened
Spiritual healing practices like Reiki and Johrei are often relegated to the realm of pseudoscience, which is why it’s so …
- Lemon and Baking Soda: A Miraculous Cancer-Fighting Combination
Drinking lemon water is great, but there is a way to take it to a whole other level by adding …
- How To Make A Homemade Eczema Cream
Ceara (the creator of this recipe) used this cream to help heal her entire families eczema – but this can …
- Cut a Few Lemons and Place Them On The Bedside In Your Bedroom – Here’s Why!
We often take our sense of smell for granted. Without it, our sense of taste would be severely hampered. Memories …
- Painless Trick To Remove Stubborn Splinters In Your Skin Using Only a Bottle
There’s nothing quite like a stubborn splinter to ruin your day. The smaller they are, the harder they are to get …
- 4 Natural Ingredients You Can Eat To Help Your Body Detox And Flush Out Heavy Metals
We live in a world full of toxins. From the food we eat, the water we drink, and the air we …
- 7 Warning Signs of An Imminent Heart Attack That Women Shouldn’t Ignore
According to the American Heart Association, heart attacks affect someone every 34 seconds (1). Commonly listed heart attack symptoms effectively …
- Asthma Can Be Reduced By Increasing Vitamin D Levels And Consuming Ginger
Patients with chronic inflammatory diseases, such as asthma are typically vitamin D deficient and can benefit from both increases in …