Diabetes is considered as a disease in which the deficiency or excess of blood sugar causes other health problems. This is caused by the lack of a hormone named insulin in the body.
Generally, the symptoms of diabetes include increased thirst, weight loss which occurs suddenly, tiredness and fatigue and longer duration to heal. Here are some natural ways to help you deal with diabetes.
Researchers have been investigating a number of powerful natural agents that can help you stabilize your blood sugar, and once again, cinnamon has proven itself as a viable contender in the fight against diabetes, as the study in Diabetic Medicine reveals.
One of cinnamon’s most impressive health benefits is its ability to improve blood glucose control. For example, just half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day has previously been shown to significantly reduce blood sugar levels, triglycerides, LDL (bad) cholesterol, and total cholesterol levels in people with type 2 diabetes.
However, as helpful as supplements like cinnamon can be, they should not be misconstrued as cures. They are not substitutes for proper diet and lifestyle choices. You cannot properly address your diabetes if you still maintain a sedentary lifestyle and poor dietary choices — cinnamon supplementation or not!
- Mix one teaspoon cinnamon in a cup of warm water. Drink it daily.
- You can also swallow a pinch of cinnamon with warm water every day.
2. Black Plum
This is also known as Indian Black berry or ‘Jambul’ in local terms. It contains anthocyanins, ellagic acid, hydrolysable tannins which help in the lowering of the blood sugar level. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23030429)
3. Bitter Gourd
Teams from the Garvan Institute of Medical Research and the Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica pulped roughly a tonne of fresh bitter melon and extracted four very promising bioactive components.
These four compounds all appear to activate the enzyme AMPK, a protein well known for regulating fuel metabolism and enabling glucose uptake. Thus, bitter gourd is beneficial for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. However, it cannot be used to entirely replace insulin treatment.
- Drink some bitter gourd juice on an empty stomach each morning. First remove the seeds of two to three bitter gourds and use a juicer to extract the juice. Add some water and then drink it. Follow this treatment daily in the morning for at least two months.
- Also you can include one dish made of bitter gourd daily in your diet.
See also: Reversing diabetes Type-2
This is an herb that is effective in combating diabetes and treating glucose problems in the body. It can be consumed by soaking the seeds in normal water overnight and then consuming the water as well as the seeds. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19839001)
5. Mango Leaves
The newly sprouted mango leaves can be considered as an effective way to fight diabetes. All one needs to do is boil about 15 fresh mango leaves in water. Let stand overnight. Filter. Then drink. It can also be grounded for consumption. (http://pakjp.pk/articles/05092011105347.pdf)
Read more: swimming and diabetes
6. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera, along with bay leaves and turmeric acts in a natural way to eliminate blood sugar. Thus, it can be consumed with water or the aloe Vera gel can be used. Either way it is effective and healthy. (http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0944711396800602)
7. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves are useful in preventing and controlling diabetes as they have anti-diabetic properties. It is believed that curry leaves contain an ingredient that reduces the rate at which starch is broken down to glucose in diabetics. So, you can simply chew about 10 fresh curry leaves daily in the morning.
For best results, continue this treatment for three to four months. It also helps reduce bad cholesterol levels and obesity. (http://www.worldscientific.com/doi/abs/10.1142/S0192415X06003825)
- 17 Ways to Prevent Blood Sugar Spikes and Stabilize Energy
Maintaining normal blood sugar levels is very important to your overall health. When blood sugar – or blood glucose – …
- Top 5 Diabetes Superfoods You Should Be Eating
Even though we live in a pill-popping, drug-oriented culture, more and more people are starting to realize that food is …
- 5 Ways Swimming Helps Fight Diabetes
Swimming is a great form of exercise for many different reasons. It burns calories quickly, works out multiple parts of …
- Study Finds Olive Leaf Extract Useful in Diabetes Management
Researchers with the University of Auckland, New Zealand have taken folk medicine to the lab to test the effectiveness of …
- 3 Easy Salad Recipes To Help Control Diabetes
Do you ever feel tired right after eating? Do you feel lethargic and feel like you need to take a …
- Best Home Remedies To Treat Frozen Shoulder Pain
For many, frozen shoulder isn’t a condition they know about or have even experienced. Frozen shoulder treatment can be painful …
- Short, High-Intensity Exercise Improves Insulin Production In People With Type 2 Diabetes
In previous studies, aerobic exercise is shown to improve beta-cell function and insulin production in diabetics. However, many Type 2 …
- How To Make Okra Water To Support Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
Okra is a comfort food in some parts of the world – often served battered and fried, it nevertheless has numerous …
- Suffering From Diabetes? Just Boil These Leaves And Solve Your Problem Without Medications!
Diabetes is one of the most common conditions to affect Americans today. In 2012, 29.1 million Americans, or 9.3% of …
- How To Tell The Difference Between Hypoglycemia And Hyperglycemia
Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) and high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) can happen to just about anyone, but people with diabetes are more …
- 6 Common and Affordable Foods That Can Help You Manage Your Blood Sugar Levels
Diabetes is a group of disorders which affect the blood sugar levels, either through an auto-immune dysfunction where the immune …
- Top 5 Veggies To Include In Your Diabetes Diet
With the way diabetes has now become a worldwide epidemic – I feel the need to stress the huge benefits …
- Type I Diabetic No Longer Insulin Dependent With Bioengineered ‘Pancreas’
In what is considered the biggest breakthrough in diabetic treatment since the invention of injectable insulin, a Type I diabetic …
- 12 Worst Foods to Avoid With Diabetes To Prevent High Blood Sugar and Weight Gain
Diabetes in the United States is growing at an alarming rate, affecting more than 29 million Americans, based on current …
- How To Use Peppermint Essential Oil To Kick Your Sugar Habit
Sugar addiction is no joke – there’s compelling scientific evidence that addiction to refined sugar can be just as serious …