People will go to great lengths to get good skin, often spending hundreds of dollars on skin products and dermatology appointments.
But when it comes to skin care, you don’t have to look very far to find natural remedies that can reverse and prevent acne.
The Canadian Dermatology Association explains that the condition “occurs when hair follicles become clogged by a combination of an oily substance (produced by the skin) called sebum, dirt, and dead skin cells.”
As they become clogged, the skin may begin to appear red and swollen and discharge maybe excreted by the mound (1).
Contrary to popular belief, bacteria doesn’t directly cause acne, but it may play a role in its development (2).
The Miracle of Banana Peel
The texture of the peel helps exfoliate skin to remove dirt and oil from your pores to fight the cause of your acne. Banana peel is also extremely high in antioxidants hat fight skin aging and cell damage (5).
The peel even has antibacterial properties that fight bacteria before and after a pimple emerges (6).
As with any other beauty treatment, it’s important to wash away any dirt, oil, or makeup on your face before applying any of the treatments below. It’s also important to select a banana that’s ripe, but not too ripe, to get the best results.
1. Simply Banana Peel
All you need is a simple banana and a few minutes of time.
- Wash and prepare your skin
- After eating a fresh banana, keep the peel and cut it into small pieces.
- Use a small piece of the skin to gently massage your skin in a circular motion.
- As the piece turns burns, replace with a fresh piece.
- Continue massaging for 10 minutes.
- Leave the banana residue on your skin for the rest of the day before rinsing it off at the end of the day.
- Repeat the process at the end of the day.
- Continue every day until your skin clears completely.
2. Banana Peel with Oats
Oats with a gentle and effective natural exfoliant that clears up your pores, but you don’t want to rub too harshly or you may end up with sore, red skin.
- To make this miracle paste, pulse together 1 banana peel (without the stem), 1/2 cup of cooked oatmeal, and 3 tablespoons of raw sugar.
- Blend the mixture until smooth, adding a bit of water if necessary to make it into a paste.
- Gently massage the paste into your skin and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water, pat dry and apply coconut oil.
- Repeat daily as needed.
3. Banana Peel Turmeric Scrub
Turmeric has natural anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds that work together to reduce the appearance of acne and improve the overall appearance of your skin (7). It also works against redness and overall irritation caused by acne and other skin conditions.
- Mash the peel of one banana into a thick paste, using a blender if necessary.
- Add equal parts peel and powdered turmeric.
- Pour into a bit of water and combine until you have a fine paste.
- Use the paste as a spot treatment on each spot of acne and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry, and follow up with a bit of coconut oil.
- Use daily.
4. Banana Peel and Lemon
- Once again, turn a banana peel into a paste.
- Add equal parts paste and fresh lemon juice, using a fork to whisk it together.
- Gently pat the paste onto your skin using clean hands or a clean face towel. Leave on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water, pat dry, and repeat one a day.
5. Banana Peel with Baking Soda
Baking soda gently digs into your pores to extract unwanted dirt and oil. It also helps balance the pH level of your skin and removes dead skin.
- Place a banana peel in a blender and a bit of water to turn it into a paste.
- Measure out 1 tablespoon of banana peel paste with 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Combine until it forms a paste, adding more water if necessary.
- Gently massage the paste into your skin and let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Quickly rinse away and gently dry your face with a clean towel.
- Apply coconut or olive oil onto the skin.
- Repeat daily.
6. Banana Peel with Honey
Of all the guest items on this list, honey is by far the most hard-working and beneficial. Honey has both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and it helps moisturize distressed skin. Honey also promotes wound healing and diminishes the appearance of scars (9).
- Combine a tablespoon banana peel paste and 1/2 tablespoon of raw honey.
- Massage the paste onto your face in a circular motion.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse, pat dry and apply your favorite natural moisturizer.
- Repeat once a day as necessary.
- 2 Kids Go Around The City Asking Smokers For a Light… What Happens Next Will Surprise You!
A television advertisement made in Thailand, which aimed to get people to quit smoking, has been hailed as one of …
- 4 Herbal Remedies That Knock Down Anxiety Symptoms
Growing is part of life, and sometimes that’s not always fun. It involves change, and change can be uncomfortable to …
- World’s Most Popular Multivitamin Is Useless And Contains Toxic Chemicals And Artificial Colors
“That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.” While this may be true for …
- Simple Healing Digestive Juice For Bloating, Indigestion And Fast Detox
Have you ever had a “food baby?” If you’ve ever experienced this, then you know how uncomfortable it gets. Your jeans …
- 6 Foods That Will Do Wonders For Your Digestion
I believe the digestive system is the core of life energy, intuition and longevity. Unfortunately, we’re turning into a bloated …
- Mainstream Media Finally Admits U.S. Honey Is Contaminated With Glyphosate Weed Killer
When we think of honey, we think of a basic, sweet, nutritious superfood that is delicious, versatile, and a completely …
- Take 1 Tbsp Of Apple Cider Vinegar For 60 Days To Eliminate Acid Reflux And Candida
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a popular superfood with amazing health benefits. Those of you who drink this everyday know firsthand how helpful …
- Researchers Document Over 40 Plant-Based Compounds That Can Halt The Spread of Cancer
How deadly cancer can be often depends on how fast it spreads, or metastasizes, in the body. A cancerous tumor …
- 13 Effective Ways to Get Rid of Bed Bugs Without Using Chemicals
Adult bed bugs are about the size of an apple seed, but their eggs can be as small as a …
- He Pours Vinegar In His Toilet Tank and Flushes. The Result is Genius!
Of out all the chores that need to be done regularly, the most unpleasant and tedious one is cleaning the …
- Say Goodbye to Trans Fats
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has recently announced the decision to ban trans fats. This ingredient which was once …
- Cheap Scented Candles Destroy Air Quality And Poison Your Lungs…Here’s What You Can Use Instead
Many commercial products designed to provide olfactory pleasure contain some of the highest levels toxins. This applies to both scented …
- Honey Wraps Gently Cures Cough And Removes Mucus From The Lungs In Just One Night!
Yes, that’s right, honey wraps can cure common colds very quickly. Cough and cold are minor ailments but sometimes it …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- Eat Two Kiwi Fruits an Hour Before Bedtime And Get an Extra Hour of Sleep, Study Finds
Studies have shown that one in three adults suffers from insomnia or symptoms of insomnia, meaning that one in three …