Your skin is like a window to what’s going on inside your body. What you eat and how you’re feeling will often show on your skin.
Unfortunately, sometimes your skin will breakout without obvious cause or reason, which is the perfect time to try an all-natural skincare mask.
Clear Skin Face Mask
This recipe is great for fighting stains, scars, acne and wrinkles, leaving your face feeling radiant and rejuvenated.
Although this mask will do wonders for your face, it should not be used as an exfoliator and should not be applied elsewhere on the body.
- 1 teaspoon of honey (add more for sensitive skin)
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (dilute or avoid if you have senstive skin)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Honey is a humectant, which means it attracts and retains moisture to keep your skin firm (1). It also has antibacterial activity due to the enzymatic production of hydrogen peroxide (2). Honey is often uses in the treatment of wounds, burns, skin ulcers and inflammations.
Nutmeg has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help to battle eczema (3). It’s often used to treat chronic acne and prevent scaring (4).
Lemon can help even out skin tone and fade sun spots (5). It contains citric acid which balances the ph of skin and promotes skin peeling (6). It also promotes the regeneration of skin cells, so it’s often used in anti-aging products.
Cinnamon has antibacterial properties that help cure acne and other skin infections (7). It also works as a counterirritant which reduces pain and inflammation when applied topically (8).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add honey and lemon and stir with a spoon to make a paste.
How To Use :
- Apply mask to a clean and dry face. Avoid the areas surrounding the mouth and eyes.
- Leave it on your skin for 30 minutes. If you have sensitive skin, stick closer to 10. You may feel a tingling sensation at first, but it’ll go away after the first 5 minutes or so.
- Wash off with warm water, being careful not to scrub it into the skin, and pat dry using a clean towel.
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer or moisturize with coconut oil.