Your skin is like a window to what’s going on inside your body. What you eat and how you’re feeling will often show on your skin.
Unfortunately, sometimes your skin will breakout without obvious cause or reason, which is the perfect time to try an all-natural skincare mask.
Clear Skin Face Mask
This recipe is great for fighting stains, scars, acne and wrinkles, leaving your face feeling radiant and rejuvenated.
Although this mask will do wonders for your face, it should not be used as an exfoliator and should not be applied elsewhere on the body.
- 1 teaspoon of honey (add more for sensitive skin)
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (dilute or avoid if you have senstive skin)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Honey is a humectant, which means it attracts and retains moisture to keep your skin firm (1). It also has antibacterial activity due to the enzymatic production of hydrogen peroxide (2). Honey is often uses in the treatment of wounds, burns, skin ulcers and inflammations.
Nutmeg has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help to battle eczema (3). It’s often used to treat chronic acne and prevent scaring (4).
Lemon can help even out skin tone and fade sun spots (5). It contains citric acid which balances the ph of skin and promotes skin peeling (6). It also promotes the regeneration of skin cells, so it’s often used in anti-aging products.
Cinnamon has antibacterial properties that help cure acne and other skin infections (7). It also works as a counterirritant which reduces pain and inflammation when applied topically (8).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add honey and lemon and stir with a spoon to make a paste.
How To Use :
- Apply mask to a clean and dry face. Avoid the areas surrounding the mouth and eyes.
- Leave it on your skin for 30 minutes. If you have sensitive skin, stick closer to 10. You may feel a tingling sensation at first, but it’ll go away after the first 5 minutes or so.
- Wash off with warm water, being careful not to scrub it into the skin, and pat dry using a clean towel.
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer or moisturize with coconut oil.
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …