Your skin is like a window to what’s going on inside your body. What you eat and how you’re feeling will often show on your skin.
Unfortunately, sometimes your skin will breakout without obvious cause or reason, which is the perfect time to try an all-natural skincare mask.
Clear Skin Face Mask
This recipe is great for fighting stains, scars, acne and wrinkles, leaving your face feeling radiant and rejuvenated.
Although this mask will do wonders for your face, it should not be used as an exfoliator and should not be applied elsewhere on the body.
- 1 teaspoon of honey (add more for sensitive skin)
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (dilute or avoid if you have senstive skin)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Honey is a humectant, which means it attracts and retains moisture to keep your skin firm (1). It also has antibacterial activity due to the enzymatic production of hydrogen peroxide (2). Honey is often uses in the treatment of wounds, burns, skin ulcers and inflammations.
Nutmeg has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help to battle eczema (3). It’s often used to treat chronic acne and prevent scaring (4).
Lemon can help even out skin tone and fade sun spots (5). It contains citric acid which balances the ph of skin and promotes skin peeling (6). It also promotes the regeneration of skin cells, so it’s often used in anti-aging products.
Cinnamon has antibacterial properties that help cure acne and other skin infections (7). It also works as a counterirritant which reduces pain and inflammation when applied topically (8).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add honey and lemon and stir with a spoon to make a paste.
How To Use :
- Apply mask to a clean and dry face. Avoid the areas surrounding the mouth and eyes.
- Leave it on your skin for 30 minutes. If you have sensitive skin, stick closer to 10. You may feel a tingling sensation at first, but it’ll go away after the first 5 minutes or so.
- Wash off with warm water, being careful not to scrub it into the skin, and pat dry using a clean towel.
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer or moisturize with coconut oil.
- What You Need to Know Before You Reuse That Plastic Water Bottle
In an effort to be responsible and thrifty, you may reuse a plastic water bottle over and over gain. Why …
- 4 Natural Ways to Deal with Acid Reflux, Heartburn and GERD
Acid reflux is the backward flow of stomach acid into the esophagus. This common ailment is also frequently associated with …
- Give Your Dog A Tbsp. Of This Golden Turmeric Paste To Relieve Inflammation And Prevent Cancer
Like humans, pets can also benefit from healing herbs and foods. In fact, there’s a whole branch of veterinarian science …
- This 70-Year-Old Woman Looks 30 And Reveals Her Eating Secrets
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates It is in this that Annette Larkins places …
- 6 Little-Known Reasons Why Chronic Stress Is Bad For You
We all experience stress in our daily lives – from relatively minor stress like the kind that comes with exams …
- Study: Kitchen Sponges Are 200,000 Times Dirtier Than a Toilet Seat (And 17 Other Super Dirty Items)
When it comes to cleaning, the bathroom is typically where most of your efforts are focused. You probably make sure …
- Mothers May Need Up to One Year to Recover After Delivery
For many new mothers, the standard 6-week to 2-month recovery time allotted to most women after childbirth is insufficient. While some …
- How To Make Smudge Sticks That Eliminate Negative Energy And Stress From Any Space
Ancient healers used the power of plants to heal both physical and spiritual ailments thousands of years ago. Today, the …
- The Many Health Benefits of Music on The Brain
We all know it without having to read the multitudinous studies: music affects us. How it affects us isn’t always …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- Never, Ever Wash Raw Chicken at Home. Here’s Why.
Why do we do it? My mother did it, that’s why. Washing chicken before you cook it seems logical…we wash our …
- Homemade Makeup Remover Recipes – Toxins FREE
Looking for homemade makeup remover? “Why bother making your own make up remover creams and oils?” Simply put many of the …
- How To Get Beautiful Silky, Shiny, Straight Hair With Coconut Milk And Lemon Juice
Most people with curly hair wishes it was straight, and straight hair want it to be curly. As the saying …
- 7 Herbs That Help Reduce Stress Naturally
There’s nothing good about stress – multiple studies show that stress is associated with weight gain, cardiovascular issues, and countless …
- 10 Surprising Reasons Why You Should Stop Throwing Away Your Banana Peels!
Banana peel aren’t exactly what you want hanging around your home too long, but they actually have multiple practical uses. …