Your skin is like a window to what’s going on inside your body. What you eat and how you’re feeling will often show on your skin.
Unfortunately, sometimes your skin will breakout without obvious cause or reason, which is the perfect time to try an all-natural skincare mask.
Clear Skin Face Mask
This recipe is great for fighting stains, scars, acne and wrinkles, leaving your face feeling radiant and rejuvenated.
Although this mask will do wonders for your face, it should not be used as an exfoliator and should not be applied elsewhere on the body.
- 1 teaspoon of honey (add more for sensitive skin)
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice (dilute or avoid if you have senstive skin)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Honey is a humectant, which means it attracts and retains moisture to keep your skin firm (1). It also has antibacterial activity due to the enzymatic production of hydrogen peroxide (2). Honey is often uses in the treatment of wounds, burns, skin ulcers and inflammations.
Nutmeg has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help to battle eczema (3). It’s often used to treat chronic acne and prevent scaring (4).
Lemon can help even out skin tone and fade sun spots (5). It contains citric acid which balances the ph of skin and promotes skin peeling (6). It also promotes the regeneration of skin cells, so it’s often used in anti-aging products.
Cinnamon has antibacterial properties that help cure acne and other skin infections (7). It also works as a counterirritant which reduces pain and inflammation when applied topically (8).
- Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Add honey and lemon and stir with a spoon to make a paste.
How To Use :
- Apply mask to a clean and dry face. Avoid the areas surrounding the mouth and eyes.
- Leave it on your skin for 30 minutes. If you have sensitive skin, stick closer to 10. You may feel a tingling sensation at first, but it’ll go away after the first 5 minutes or so.
- Wash off with warm water, being careful not to scrub it into the skin, and pat dry using a clean towel.
- Follow up with your favorite moisturizer or moisturize with coconut oil.
- 7-week-old Boy Hears Mom’s Voice for the First Time, Can’t Help But Smile.
In 2012, Lachlan Lever of Victoria, Australia was born with moderate to severe hearing loss in both ears. Seven weeks …
- These 5 Habits Are Harming Your Immune System And Ruining Your Health
From everyday airborne allergens to countertop bacteria, your immune system is a complex network that is constantly battling to keep …
- Multiple Studies Show THIS Fruit To Be a Powerful Medicine Against Cancer
The herbal medical community has recently announced studies of Soursop. This fruit is more effective for cancer treatment than the numerous …
- 2-Ingredient Mixture to EFFECTIVELY Eliminate Earwax And Ear Infections
A lot people mistakenly think that earwax is bad. Some even find it gross and remove it from their ears every …
- The Scientific Power of Naps
Studies have found different benefits—and detriments—to a nap’s timing, duration and even effect on different people, depending on one’s age …
- Mix Bananas, Honey and Water: Cough and Bronchitis Will Disappear
If you have ever had bronchitis, you know how hard it is to treat. Worse of all, when your airway …
- Are Your Sugary Treats Leading You Down the Road to Heart Disease
Many people who are not concerned with maintaining their weight or shedding a few excess pounds, may find that they …
- If You Blow On Your Thumb, Here’s The Effect It Will Have On Your Body
Even though it’s been the object of science since the dawn of civilization, the human body still hides many mysteries. …
- How To Make Alkaline Water To Fight Fatigue, Digestive Issues And Cancer
Is alkaline water good for you? A healthy body should always be slightly alkaline. The majority of people today, however, tend to …
- Lead Developer Of HPV Vaccines Comes Clean, Warns Parents & Young Girls It’s All A Giant Deadly Scam
The HPV vaccine controversy has got many people confused. Here’s what you need to know. The human papillomavirus (HPV) is a …
- How Your Blood Type Affects Your Health From Heart Disease To Fertility
Most people know what their blood type is—or at least you should. Your blood group is determined by genes that …
- How to Make Ginger Water to Treat Migraines, Heartburn, Joint and Muscle Pain
Flavored waters are the new health craze—and for good reason. Not only is water essential for hydration and flushing toxins …
- Acidic Diet Increases Risk of Diabetes, Study Says
A diet high in acidic foods — meat, fish, and sodas, for instance — may put some women at greater …
- This Old School Russian Remedy Will Clean Out Your Liver With Only ONE Ingredient!
We find ourselves damaging our liver almost all the time; eating all the wrong foods and indulging in bad habits. …
- Sitting All Day Isn’t Just Bad for The Body, It’s Also Killing Your Memory
It’s no secret that sedentary desk jobs contribute to decreased physical health, and now there’s an additional alarm being sounded. …