Testosterone is a hormone essential for men’s health.
You need it to maintain muscle mass, build lean mass, help improve bone density, and keep sex drive alive.
Production of testosterone is highest while men are young adults and teenagers.
As men get older, production drops slightly each year. Here are a few helpful and simple on how to increase testosterone naturally.
1. Get a Good Night’s Sleep
Sleep is the first line of defense against dropping your testosterone. According to Eve Van Cauter of the Univerisy of Chicago, “low testosterone levels are associate with reduced well being and vigor” and that “as research progresses, low sleep duration and poor sleep quality are increasingly recognized as endocrine disruptors.”
In Van Cauter’s study, ten men from the University of Chicago were tested to determine how sleep influences testosterone levels. Getting only five hours of sleep reduced testosterone by 10 to 15 percent.
2. Lose Weight
A recent study of 891 middle-aged men determined that low testosterone levels are most common among overweight men and decreasing weight can improve testosterone levels. The study set up a “lifestyle modification group” that exercised and changed their diet to lose weight.
After one year, the group lost 17 pounds on average and had increased testosterone. The rate of low testosterone in the group decreased from 20% to 11% over the course of the year.
3. Supplement With Zinc
Zinc deficiency is an overlooked problem all over the world. A study in the academic research journal Nutrition tested the results of zinc restriction in the diet of 40 normal men. The study determined that lack of zinc had negative consequences on testosterone production.
After 20 weeks of restriction, the test group with zinc restriction experienced significant reduction in testosterone. Zinc supplementation increased testosterone. You can find a variety of natural sources of zinc including oysters, meats and beans to help you increase testosterone naturally. Just avoid the vitamins and supplements as they will do more harm than good.
4. Reduce Sugar Intake
There are foods that increase testosterone and then there’s the rest. Diets high in sugar sap testosterone producing ability. The Endocrine Society discussesed the negative relationship between high levels of dietary sugar and testosterone by reflecting on a study conducted by Lisa Caronia a researcher at Massachusetts General Hospital.
In her study, men who were given a glucose sugar solution experienced decreases of testosterone as high as 25%. The study included men with normal health as well as men with prediabetes and type-2 diabetes. Regardless of health status, sugar consistently reduced testosterone.
Exercise is one of the best ways to boost testosterone production. A study of resistance training indicated that weight lifting increases testosterone and growth hormone production.
Additional research, however, has indicated that some forms of exercise—like long distance running or cardiovascular exercise of long duration—can decrease testosterone levels.
If you are looking to raise your testosterone, exercise is an essential natural tool. You need to pick your exercises wisely! To naturally increase testosterone choose short resistance-based exercises.
-  http://www.uchospitals.edu/news/2011/20110531-sleep.html
-  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120625124914.htm
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8875519
-  https://www.endocrine.org/news-room/press-release-archives/2010/testosteronedecreasesafteringestionofsugar
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2796409
-  http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/00365518009101862
- A Tide of Evidence Washes Away Flawed Fish Oil Prostate Cancer Study
We hear about omega fatty acids all the time. The one thing everyone agrees on is that they are required …
- Why You Should Stop Buying Hand Sanitizer Immediately…See What It Does To Your Skin!
Hand sanitizer is the of the most common household products in the United States. Most families and schools rely on …
- A Tablespoon of This Household Ingredient Is All You Need To Remove Bacteria From Your Food
There are many tips and tricks you need to know to prepare clean, healthy food. Whether you purchase conventional or …
- This Is What Happens To Your Lungs When You Dry Laundry Indoors
There’s nothing better than the smell of clean linens dried on a clothesline. But in most areas, this delightful sensation …
- Ice in 6 out of 10 Restaurants has More Bacteria Than Water From Toilets
A survey of ice served in ten British fast food restaurants found that at six of them, there were more …
- Professor of Plant Biology Destroys Roundup in 3 Minutes
Who is Dr. Don M. Huber? For 50 years, he’s been a scientist studying plant diseases in the U.S. and …
- She Sprays Her Yard With Apple Cider Vinegar…The Reason? This Is Pure GENIUS!
Sure, vinegar is an essential ingredient in any home, but the condiment is often underestimated in and out of the …
- All the Ways Nobody Ever Told You Borax Could Be Used to Change Your Life
Borax is a staple of green cleaning recipes and traditional housekeeping. The powder, also called sodium tetraborate decahydrate, is a …
- 4 Little-Known Facts About Osteoporosis You Need To Know
According to the National Osteoporosis Foundation, roughly 54 million Americans are affected by osteoporosis and low bone mass. This isn’t …
- 6 Plants Other Than Cannabis That Are High in Cancer-Fighting Cannabinoids
The Western medical system is finally beginning to face the fact that marijuana is not a drug: it’s a medicine. …
- Cancer Cells Die In 42 Days: This Famous Austrian’s Juice Cured Over 45,000 People From Cancer…
Rudolf Breuss, Austrian naturopath born in 1899, spearheaded the use of raw foods to heal the body. “To my mind, …
- Less Than 1 Tsp of Ginger and Cinnamon Daily Can Help Relieve Muscle Soreness In Athletes
Muscle soreness and fatigue are two major deterrents for people who exercise at a high intensity. Many well-intentioned workout resolutions …
- Tobacco Smokes The World
You can say that cigarettes help you cope with the stress of daily life, calm you when you’re angry, help …
- Cleanse Your Kidneys of Toxins With These Effective 1-Ingredient Drinks
Your kidneys are constantly clearing your blood of harmful substances and toxins. When overloaded, kidneys can slowly accumulate toxins in its tissues, …
- Take 1 Tbsp Of Apple Cider Vinegar For 60 Days To Eliminate Acid Reflux And Candida
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a popular superfood with amazing health benefits. Those of you who drink this everyday know firsthand how helpful …