Testosterone is a hormone essential for men’s health.
You need it to maintain muscle mass, build lean mass, help improve bone density, and keep sex drive alive.
Production of testosterone is highest while men are young adults and teenagers.
As men get older, production drops slightly each year. Here are a few helpful and simple on how to increase testosterone naturally.
1. Get a Good Night’s Sleep
Sleep is the first line of defense against dropping your testosterone. According to Eve Van Cauter of the Univerisy of Chicago, “low testosterone levels are associate with reduced well being and vigor” and that “as research progresses, low sleep duration and poor sleep quality are increasingly recognized as endocrine disruptors.”
In Van Cauter’s study, ten men from the University of Chicago were tested to determine how sleep influences testosterone levels. Getting only five hours of sleep reduced testosterone by 10 to 15 percent.
2. Lose Weight
A recent study of 891 middle-aged men determined that low testosterone levels are most common among overweight men and decreasing weight can improve testosterone levels. The study set up a “lifestyle modification group” that exercised and changed their diet to lose weight.
After one year, the group lost 17 pounds on average and had increased testosterone. The rate of low testosterone in the group decreased from 20% to 11% over the course of the year.
3. Supplement With Zinc
Zinc deficiency is an overlooked problem all over the world. A study in the academic research journal Nutrition tested the results of zinc restriction in the diet of 40 normal men. The study determined that lack of zinc had negative consequences on testosterone production.
After 20 weeks of restriction, the test group with zinc restriction experienced significant reduction in testosterone. Zinc supplementation increased testosterone. You can find a variety of natural sources of zinc including oysters, meats and beans to help you increase testosterone naturally. Just avoid the vitamins and supplements as they will do more harm than good.
4. Reduce Sugar Intake
There are foods that increase testosterone and then there’s the rest. Diets high in sugar sap testosterone producing ability. The Endocrine Society discussesed the negative relationship between high levels of dietary sugar and testosterone by reflecting on a study conducted by Lisa Caronia a researcher at Massachusetts General Hospital.
In her study, men who were given a glucose sugar solution experienced decreases of testosterone as high as 25%. The study included men with normal health as well as men with prediabetes and type-2 diabetes. Regardless of health status, sugar consistently reduced testosterone.
Exercise is one of the best ways to boost testosterone production. A study of resistance training indicated that weight lifting increases testosterone and growth hormone production.
Additional research, however, has indicated that some forms of exercise—like long distance running or cardiovascular exercise of long duration—can decrease testosterone levels.
If you are looking to raise your testosterone, exercise is an essential natural tool. You need to pick your exercises wisely! To naturally increase testosterone choose short resistance-based exercises.
-  http://www.uchospitals.edu/news/2011/20110531-sleep.html
-  http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2012/06/120625124914.htm
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8875519
-  https://www.endocrine.org/news-room/press-release-archives/2010/testosteronedecreasesafteringestionofsugar
-  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2796409
-  http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs/10.3109/00365518009101862
- The Shrimp You Eat May Not be What You Think It Is
We can spend hours in the grocery store reading labels. We want to make the best choices for our families. …
- 5 Ways To Stop Absorbing Other People’s Negative Energy
Nothing can bring you down as much as being around negative people. So how do you prevent people’s negative energy …
- Minor Stroke Captured on ‘Selfie’ Video: Watch as it Happens
While driving home from work, Stacey Yepes, 49, could sense she was beginning to have a stroke. To ensure others …
- Revolutionary Diabetes Cure: Human Trial Set To Begin In 2015
Researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham have found verapamil, a blood pressure medication, can be effective in reversing …
- 5 Ways to Reduce Inflammation Naturally
Inflammation is categorized as a condition that is physical and in which a certain part of the body becomes swollen, …
- 10 Ways To Quickly Heal a Painful Mouth Ulcer Using Coconut Oil, Honey And Aloe Vera
It seems like the worst place to get a cut or sore is on your gums or the mucous tissue …
- The Ultimate Detox Bath
We unknowingly put a lot of toxins in our bodies. Pollution, stress and other factors create this combination that makes …
- Coca-Cola Paid $1,000,000 to Make Sure You Don’t Know This
Coca-Cola’s sales have been steadily declining in recent years due to the public’s increased awareness of its most popular drink’s …
- These TOXIC Ingredients Are The Reason Why You’re Better Off Making Your Own Toothpaste
You might be surprised to learn that your toothpaste is loaded with unnecessary toxic ingredients. There’s a reason why the …
- Mix Bananas, Honey and Water: Cough and Bronchitis Will Disappear
If you have ever had bronchitis, you know how hard it is to treat. Worse of all, when your airway …
- Drink This Ginger-Banana Smoothie To Improve Digestion And Fight Inflammation
Like many of the most effective plants or herbs, ginger root has been used for centuries. Ginger has a very …
- 41 Seconds Is All You Need To Learn How To Keep A Choking Baby From Dying
When asked about first aid, the people at St-John’s Ambulance found that over four-fifths of parents didn’t know what to do in …
- Infographic Shows The Differences Between The Diseases We Donate To And The Diseases That Kill Us
People donate money to causes that matter to them personally but there are obviously those that are more “popular” than …
- 20 Little-Known Uses for Dandelions From Baking and Pain RELIEF to Quickly Removing Warts
If you’ve ever had a garden or a backyard, then you know how annoying it is to get rid of …
- 5 Toxins That Destroy Your Thyroid And a Simple Drink To Save It
Your thyroid secretes hormones that regulate the metabolism of every cell in the body (1). It plays an important role in: …