If you have been struggling to muster up the motivation to lose that excess weight that has been lurking for some time now, read on as we hopefully can use the following vital reasons as a push to get you on the road to successful weight loss.
1. Cancer Death Rate Higher
A new study has found that people who are obese and then get diagnosed with tongue cancer might have an increased risk of dying compared to those who get diagnosed and are not obese.
This study was published in the journal Cancer and was carried out on 150 people who had received surgery for early stage squamous cell carcinoma of the tongue, where they concluded obese patients had a five-fold increased risk of death.
This study may only be limited to tongue cancer, but right now no one can also rule out the fact that obese people may have a higher chance of dying from all of the other types of cancer until further studies have been carried out.
2. Dangerous Vitamin D Deficiencies
Being obese can lead to a lack of vitamin D as the vitamin is stored in fatty tissue, and researchers from a recent study feel that due to the larger storage capacity in obese people, this is how it may stop it circulating in the bloodstream and getting to where it is needed in the body. This study was published in the medical journal PLOS Medicine.
Vitamin D deficiency cannot be ignored either as a lack of it can cause severe asthma, cognitive impairment, cancer, and an increased risk of death from cardiovascular disease.
3. 18 Percent of All U.S Deaths Result from Obesity
A controversial new study published in the American Journal of Public Health has found that 18 percent of all deaths in the U.S are caused by obesity.
The research team found that for people between the ages of 40 and 80, almost 18 percent of all deaths that took place between 1986 and 2006 could be said to be associated with high body mass.
A third of Americans are reported to now be overweight, and another 35 percent reported to fall into the obese category, so the results of this study do not seem far-fetched at all given this and should act as a wake-up call to all of us.
4. Your Heart is In Danger
The bigger you are the more likely you are to suffer a heart attack earlier in life—12 years sooner for the most obese, a study in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology says. And overweight people are more likely to have diabetes and high cholesterol.
5. Living a Life of Pain
A new study published in the journal Obesity has found that people who are overweight live in more pain than those who are of a healthy weight. This study was carried out on more than 1 million people where the researchers concluded that there was a link between carrying extra weight and everyday pain. The heaviest individuals in the study also had the highest rates of pain.
Nobody deserves to live in pain so remember obesity can be easily remedied once you create an action plan and muster up some motivation combined with positive thoughts to build you up and help you succeed. No one is saying it will be easy – but no one except you will be saying you can’t achieve your weight loss goal!
- 4 Proven Ways to Relieve Stress and Live Better
Stress is a part of life that is unavoidable. Anything can stress you out and everyone, of course, is different …
- Three Exercises to Boost Metabolism and Burn Belly Fat
Some parts of the body hold on to fat longer than others. If you are like many people, no matter …
- Never Buy Laundry Detergent Again By Switching To This 5-Ingredient Mixture
Laundry detergent doesn’t just clean your clothes, it also harms your lungs. Surprised? A University of Washington study found that …
- A Tablespoon of This Household Ingredient Is All You Need To Remove Bacteria From Your Food
There are many tips and tricks you need to know to prepare clean, healthy food. Whether you purchase conventional or …
- How To Grow Tangerines At Home – It’s Easier Than You Think!
Tangerines are like little balls of sunshine that brighten up your fruit bowl. But tangerines are often GMO and travel …
- Fish Oils Save Young Accident Victims from Permanent Brain Damage
Every once in a great while, mainstream doctors look away from their “standard of care” medical bags and dare to …
- A Tide of Evidence Washes Away Flawed Fish Oil Prostate Cancer Study
We hear about omega fatty acids all the time. The one thing everyone agrees on is that they are required …
- This 2-Ingredient Combination Boosts Weight Loss if You Drink it Every Morning on an Empty Stomach
Your long-term health doesn’t come down to how many diets you’ve been on or how many time’s you’ve gone on …
- Marijuana Is Making Colorado So Much Money They Literally Have To Give Some Back To Residents
Colorado residents may be seeing the benefits of their state’s new marijuana laws in the form of financial support soon, …
- Keep One of These Plants In Your Home To Protect You From Radiation, Chemicals And Cigarette Smoke
But did you know that plant also filter out airborne toxins? In fact, plants can metabolize some toxic chemicals and …
- 6 Plants Other Than Cannabis That Are High in Cancer-Fighting Cannabinoids
The Western medical system is finally beginning to face the fact that marijuana is not a drug: it’s a medicine. …
- Alkalize Your Body and Fight Disease With These 10 Healing Foods
Survival is a complex and wonderful thing. Your body is constantly working to achieve its ideal pH level, temperature, and …
- Aluminum in Deodorants Can Cause Breast Cancer. Use Lime to Eliminate Body Odor
Sweating is never fun, unless you’re in a sauna. Sweating allows your body to get rid of toxins and prevent overheating. …
- After No Deodorant For A Year – Something Very Curious Happened To Her Body
Using deodorant and shaving are hallmarks of hygiene, but are they really necessary ? As we’ve mentioned before, long term …
- This Chart Tells You EXACTLY How Much Sleep You Need To Get According To Your Age
We all know at least one workaholic who sacrifices a few hours of sleep each night to stay productive and get …