Sleeping naked is not something one normally thinks about–you either do it or you don’t. It turns out, however, that there are health reasons for doing so. Science leaves no stone unturned, even when it comes to your position on pajamas.
1. Cooler is Better
Wearing clothing while sleeping keeps body temperature in. Sleep researchers have found that cooler room and body temperatures resulted in several positive effects, including less insulin resistance , reduced blood pressure, and weight loss. Sometimes it’s hard to get to sleep if your feet are cold; wearing thin cotton socks may be enough to keep them warm. Once asleep, you’re more likely to stay asleep if your room and your body are cool.
2. Disease Prevention
Cooler body temperature makes you sleep better and deeper, reducing your risk of diabetes. Sleeping nude also promotes vaginal health by allowing ventilation–bacteria like it dark, warm, and moist.
3. Increased Intimacy
If you sleep with a partner, the skin-on-skin contact that is afforded when sleeping nude releases the hormone oxytocin. A New Hampshire study reflected that most couples who reported being happy in their relationships also sleep in their birthday suits.
Close physical contact and intimacy are important to humans physically and emotionally, reducing the risk of disease and promoting general good health.
Regardless of whether or not you sleep alone, there’s something very sensual about the feel of the bedclothes against your skin. The contact promotes body awareness, leading to feeling better about yourself, promoting mental health.
5. Skin Health
Your skin is the largest organ of your body. While you sleep, all cells (including those of the skin) replenish and grow. Wearing fabric directly on your skin inhibits this process. The growth hormones that are released are restrained and your skin is more likely to lose elasticity and wrinkle over time. “Beauty rest” is a real thing.
- Cannabis Proves Effective In Treating Crohn’s Disease by Reducing Pain, Inflammation and Diarrhea
A new clinical study published in the journal Pharmacology and by the National Institute of Health has found that cannabis …
- Mothers May Need Up to One Year to Recover After Delivery
For many new mothers, the standard 6-week to 2-month recovery time allotted to most women after childbirth is insufficient. While some …
- Her House Always Smells Wonderful and Fresh and People Can’t Understand Why. Here’s Her Secret
There’s nothing quite like coming home to a clean, pleasant smelling home after a long day at work. While there …
- Mom Warns Parents After Baby Gets 2nd-Degree Burns From Kid-Friendly Sunscreen
As the days get warmer and the daylight hours get longer, many parents instinctively reach for the sunscreen to keep …
- 5 Surprising Reasons Why Having a Cat is Good For Your Health
Who doesn’t love having a pet in their lives? Whether it’s a dog or a cat, having someone around to …
- If You Get a Creeping Feeling in Your Legs at Night, This is What it Means!
“Restless Leg Syndrome” doesn’t sound very scientific, but it’s more descriptive than how it’s otherwise referred: Willis-Ekborn Disease. Restless leg …
- Lemon-Soda Drink: A Cyanide to Cancer Cells. Here’s How to Make It With 2 Simple Ingredients
You undoubtedly learned about pH levels in high school. But whether something is alkaline or acidic doesn’t just pertain to …
- 3 Homemade Treatments For Dandruff and Thinning Hair
Dandruff or thinning hair can be an irritating and embarrassing situation for many people. The good news is self-treatment can …
- The Simple Sock Trick That Can Stop Your Car Windows From Fogging Up Ever Again
Winter mornings are difficult. Whether it’s shoveling snow, warming up the car, or clearing ice from your windshield, cold weather …
- 7 Cancer-Causing Products Hiding In Your Home
If you take the time to monitor what you eat and how much you exercise, it’s really important for you …
- 50 Holistic Doctors Have Mysteriously Died In The Last Year But What’s Being Done About it?
Every living thing dies—that’s not news. When a particular group of people dies under questionable circumstances, however, that is news…or …
- How To Grow Your Own Pineapple At Home
Just like homemade meals always taste better than going out to the restaurant, growing your own food will always be …
- Sprinkle 1 TBSP of THIS On The Stem of Your Plants And Watch What Happens!
Tending a garden is one of the most rewarding hobbies to have. Plants can be affected by many variables which cause them …
- This Tropical Purple Fruit Has Been Shown to Fight Colon, Breast, Pancreatic and Skin Cancer
Just when you thought you knew every health-promoting fruit out there, another odd-looking purple fruit is making headlines for its …
- Flu vs. Cold, and Why You Need to Know the Difference
Flu season is well underway, and if you haven’t contracted the flu yet this year, you should consider yourself lucky! …