Sleeping naked is not something one normally thinks about–you either do it or you don’t. It turns out, however, that there are health reasons for doing so. Science leaves no stone unturned, even when it comes to your position on pajamas.
1. Cooler is Better
Wearing clothing while sleeping keeps body temperature in. Sleep researchers have found that cooler room and body temperatures resulted in several positive effects, including less insulin resistance , reduced blood pressure, and weight loss. Sometimes it’s hard to get to sleep if your feet are cold; wearing thin cotton socks may be enough to keep them warm. Once asleep, you’re more likely to stay asleep if your room and your body are cool.
2. Disease Prevention
Cooler body temperature makes you sleep better and deeper, reducing your risk of diabetes. Sleeping nude also promotes vaginal health by allowing ventilation–bacteria like it dark, warm, and moist.
3. Increased Intimacy
If you sleep with a partner, the skin-on-skin contact that is afforded when sleeping nude releases the hormone oxytocin. A New Hampshire study reflected that most couples who reported being happy in their relationships also sleep in their birthday suits.
Close physical contact and intimacy are important to humans physically and emotionally, reducing the risk of disease and promoting general good health.
Regardless of whether or not you sleep alone, there’s something very sensual about the feel of the bedclothes against your skin. The contact promotes body awareness, leading to feeling better about yourself, promoting mental health.
5. Skin Health
Your skin is the largest organ of your body. While you sleep, all cells (including those of the skin) replenish and grow. Wearing fabric directly on your skin inhibits this process. The growth hormones that are released are restrained and your skin is more likely to lose elasticity and wrinkle over time. “Beauty rest” is a real thing.
- More Evidence Links Agricultural Pesticides to Autism
A new study by the University of California, Davis shows a correlation between the exposure to agricultural pesticides during pregnancy …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Put An Onion In Your Sock Before Going To Bed
Onions: you either love them or hate them. They do so much more for you body then just making you …
- Heavy Metal Exposure During Pregnancy May Contribute to Autism, NIH Finds
Heavy metal exposure during pregnancy may contribute to autism, according to a study recently completed and published by the National Institute …
- Professor of Plant Biology Destroys Roundup in 3 Minutes
Who is Dr. Don M. Huber? For 50 years, he’s been a scientist studying plant diseases in the U.S. and …
- Doctors Are Urging You To Stop Feeding Your Children Hot Dogs – Here’s Why
Among American favorites is the Hot Dog – a fourth of July staple that’s eaten at least once a week …
- Prevent Cavities, Heal Gum Disease, and Whiten Teeth With This Natural Homemade Toothpaste
Many commercial personal care products are loaded with harmful ingredients, ranging from plastic beads to hormone disruptors. Artificial sweeteners are …
- Cannabis Spray Treatment Helps 9-Year-Old-Boy With Severe Autism Say His First Words Ever…This Is Amazing!
Autism is a major challenge for any family to endure. While many pharmaceutical and therapeutic treatments are available to help …
- Say Goodbye to Trans Fats
The FDA (Food and Drug Administration) has recently announced the decision to ban trans fats. This ingredient which was once …
- The Migraine-Relieving Hormone Nobody Ever Talks About
There are many factors that cause migraine headaches and people who regularly suffer from them know just how difficult they …
- Hair dyes are FILLED with 5,000 Types of Cancer-Causing Chemicals! Use THIS instead.
As men and women age, many choose to dye their hair to hide their graying locks. It may seem like …
- How To Drink Your Excess Weight Away In 8 Weeks
It’s no secret that obesity has become one of the most wide-spread medical conditions worldwide. And while being overweight is …
- 6 Ways You’re Causing Your Own Memory Loss
Memory loss is a common side effect of aging. Most of us know that we’re supposed to stay mentally active, …
- Do You Easily Get Annoyed By The Sound of Chewing? Apparently THIS Is The Reason Why!
Some people need to be in a quiet space to focus properly while others need absolute dead silence. If you …
- Couple Builds Greenhouse Around Home To Grow Food And Keep Warm
When you live in a colder climate, winter can be excruciatingly cold, and expensive. While most people simply slip into …
- Being Bilingual Is Good For The Brain And Could Even Help Prevent Dementia, Study Finds
The ability to speak two or more languages is kind of like a secret superpower. It might seem kind of …