Fruits & Vegetables
- Split Peas
Fruits and vegetables provide the minerals, vitamins, and fiber your body needs to process foods and make the most out of a workout. Soybean products, lentils, and split peas are high in muscle-building proteins, and they contain essential amino acids necessary to break food down into the nourishment that fuels your workout sessions. Bananas are great to eat before exercising – they contain lots of carbohydrates, as well as the sugars to give your body an extra burst of energy to make it through.
Dairy and Eggs
- Greek Yoghurt
- Cottage Cheese
Consuming dairy products during exercise has been shown to help promote weight loss. Dairy products are high in calcium, which helps strengthen bones and joints – this can be important as you put extra pressure on them during exercise. Many animal products, especially eggs, are high in protein your body needs for building muscle mass.
Nuts & Grains
- Peanut Butter
Grains provide the carbohydrates you need to fuel your body. Quinoa is particularly high in carbs, as well as fiber that helps promote a strong digestive system. Nuts like peanut and almonds are perfect alternatives to meat products, to load up on healthy, muscle-building proteins. They are lean, healthy, and delicious, and they’re a great source of energy for a pre-workout snack.
- One Easy Exercise To Alleviate Knee Pain In Under 2 Minutes
There are many conditions that can cause knee pain – and just as many different types of knee pain that …
- Scientists Discover Unusual Way To Make Yourself Stronger, Tone your Muscles, and Prevent Muscle Atrophy
Contrary to the gym mythology, true strength training is not about your muscles but about your mind. Anyone with a …
- 8 Hand Exercises You Probably NEVER Do But Should!
Joint mobility is something that we easily take for granted until it’s gone. And while the medical community puts a …
- This Stomach Vacuum Exercise Is The Easiest Way To Get a Thinner Waist And Flat Abs
Whether you’re looking to slim your waistline or build an overall stronger core, the stomach vacuum is an exercise that …
- Top 5 Pilates Exercises To Help Reverse The Detrimental Effects Of Sitting All Day
We know that stretching after a workout can relieve soreness and stiffness(1), but it’s also important to keep your body …
- Improve Your Pushup Form With This Video
Pushups are an integral part of most bodyweight workouts (including the 7 Minute Circuit workout that’s been trending this week), …
- Breakdancer Simon Ata’s Strength Training Workout Is Like Nothing You’ve Seen Before
Simon Ata (the “Simonster”), an Australian breakdancer, is a picture of strength, flexibility, stamina, stability and control. In a recently …
- 6 Small Changes in Your Exercise Routine That Will Make a Difference
For those of us who have to remain conscious of our diet and lifestyle in order to maintain or lose …
- 6 Unexpected Health-Promoting Benefits of Yoga
The health benefits of yoga are often cited by practitioners of holistic and alternative medicine. Many people claim that yoga …
- The Perks of Walking. You’ll Be Amazed at How Something So Simple Can be So Powerful.
Walking is one the best form of physical activity you can do each day. It doesn’t require a gym membership …
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Your Pull-Ups
Gaining the ability to do a full set of beautiful pull-ups is the dream of gym buffs everywhere, but many …
- The Truth About Barefoot Running Shoes
Barefoot running has seen a surge in interest and popularity in recent years, whether runners are actually barefoot, or are …
- 9 Amazing Flat Belly Workouts To Help Sculpt Your Abs
Finding the right flat belly workout isn’t easy. While most core exercises target your upper and middle abdominals, they don’t …
- CrossFit’s Dirty Little Secret
Have you heard of rhabdomyolysis? If you are a CrossFit devotee, it’s a safe bet that your coach has heard …
- 9 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Crunches
Whether a popular opinion or not, not many trainers support the idea of doing crunches for ab training. But why …