Fruits & Vegetables
- Split Peas
Fruits and vegetables provide the minerals, vitamins, and fiber your body needs to process foods and make the most out of a workout. Soybean products, lentils, and split peas are high in muscle-building proteins, and they contain essential amino acids necessary to break food down into the nourishment that fuels your workout sessions. Bananas are great to eat before exercising – they contain lots of carbohydrates, as well as the sugars to give your body an extra burst of energy to make it through.
Dairy and Eggs
- Greek Yoghurt
- Cottage Cheese
Consuming dairy products during exercise has been shown to help promote weight loss. Dairy products are high in calcium, which helps strengthen bones and joints – this can be important as you put extra pressure on them during exercise. Many animal products, especially eggs, are high in protein your body needs for building muscle mass.
Nuts & Grains
- Peanut Butter
Grains provide the carbohydrates you need to fuel your body. Quinoa is particularly high in carbs, as well as fiber that helps promote a strong digestive system. Nuts like peanut and almonds are perfect alternatives to meat products, to load up on healthy, muscle-building proteins. They are lean, healthy, and delicious, and they’re a great source of energy for a pre-workout snack.
- Eat More Red Onions: It Kills Cancer Cells, Stops Nosebleeds And Protects The Heart
Onions—you either like them or you hate them. Well, the jury is in and according to a 2010 Business Wire …
- The GM Genocide: Thousands of Indian Farmers Commit Suicide After Using Genetically Modified Crops
There are at least two sides to every story. It is often pure subjectivity as to which you prefer to …
- Eating Your Trees: Fun and Healthy Broccoli Recipes
Broccoli is rich in fiber, vitamin C, and tons of phytonutrients, and it’s available just about year round. While you …
- Orange Juice Not As Healthy As You Think
Just because it’s made from fruit, doesn’t mean it’s the best choice. Orange juice is a breakfast staple, right? Well—it …
- When You Find Out What Banana Peels Can Do To Your Waistline, You’ll Stop Throwing Them Away!
People throw away banana peels all the time thinking that only the flesh contains all the good stuff. But that’s simply not …
- Oregano And Rosemary Work Just Like Prescription Drugs To Lower Blood Sugar Levels
8% of Americans suffer from type 2 diabetes (1). This number is currently on the rise. In fact, the number of …
- The Plant That Kills Cancer Cells, Stops Diabetes And Boosts Your Immune System!
When you think of melon, you probably think of long summer days spent on the beach or porch chewing on …
- 11 Anti-Aging Veggies To Preserve The Youth of Your Brain, Skin And Heart
Sometimes looking and feeling younger is as simple as changing what foods you give your body to work with. Read …
- 7 Ancient Superfoods for Modern Health
Modern medicine certainly has a lot going for it, but looking backwards in time can be extremely helpful when it …
- 20 Practical Uses for Coca Cola – Proof That It Does Not Belong In The Human Body
(originally written by John Summerly) Coke is the most valuable brand in history, and “Coca-Cola” is the world’s second-most recognized …
- The Shocking Truth About Naked Juice ‘Exposed’
(originally written by Max Goldberg) The lawsuits against industrial food companies just keep piling up. First, it was Wesson Oils who …
- 5 Foods You Should Stop Eating (and What To Eat Instead)
There are many foods in this world you would have been better off never eating. This is especially true for …
- 7 Foods You Can Add to Your Water That Aid in Digestion and Eliminate Toxins From Your Body
Staying hydrated is essential to promoting good digestion and overall health – ideally you should be drinking between 6 and …
- 5 Crazy Diets That You Should Never Try
There are countless diets out there, some that work, some that don’t. Ordinarily, seeing what works for you is a …
- 5 Pleasing Sweet Potato Recipes. #3 Makes for a Healthy Breafkast.
Organic sweet potatoes are relatively cheap considering the amount of goodness they contain. They contain high levels of vitamin B6, …