When it comes to your overall health, your feet are probably one of the last things you’d think of.
And while your feet support your body weight most of the day, it’s rare that they actually get any special attention as you unwind in the evening.
To get the most out of your sleep and reset your health every morning, make it a habit to massage your feet at night.
What Is Reflexology?
Reflexology is the application of appropriate pressure to specific points and areas on the feet, hands, or ears. Like in acupuncture and acupressure, it is believed that these points are connected to different organs and systems in your body (1).
Reflexologists massage these points to promote better health and healing of these systems through improved blood and lymph flow. Reflexology also help relieve stress, which contributes up to 80% for the development of any illness (2).
Reflexology is typically used as a non-invasive complimentary treatment for conditions like anxiety, asthma, cancer treatment, cardiovascular issues, diabetes, headaches, kidney function, PMS, and sinusitis.
It’s also known to cure insomnia, treat dementia and improve the well-being of patients with mobility issues.
As it stands, scientific studies have proven its efficacy in treating chronic pain, headaches, stroke, multiple sclerosis, peripheral neuropathy, asthma and chronic stress (3).
How To Massage Your Feet
Doing this at right before bed will give your body a change to detox and re-establish itself while your sleep, leaving you rejuvenated and energized when you wake up!
- Start sitting down in a solid, comfortable chair and rest your right foot on your left knee. Your thighs should remain parallel to each other.
- Consult an acupressure chart to have an idea of where to massage. For example, if your feeling pain of the left side of your neck, massage your left foot in the spot that corresponds to your neck.
- Keep your back straight and tall and use your thumb to apply pressure to the corresponding spot. Start with a light touch and gradually build to a firm pressure as you hold the spot for 2 minutes.
- Start to knead the area or apply circular motion for 1-2 minutes.
- Work through the other organs that need attention and finish with a light massage on your whole foot, not forgetting the toes or top of your feet.
- Repeat daily, taking a 3-4 days break after 10 consecutive days of treatment.
- The Oncologist Told Her She Only Had 6 months Left to Live. Boy, Did She Prove Her Wrong!
An Australian woman in her mid-50s posted a YouTube video explaining how she eliminated her stage IV lung cancer with …
- When You Experience a Food Coma, Your Body Is Trying To Tell You Something Important
Most of us have experienced the feeling of a “food coma” – that feeling of heaviness and fatigue that comes …
- Wearing a Pair of Eyeglasses Like These Could Help You Sleep Better At Night And Here’s Why
According to the CDC, insufficient sleep is a national epidemic, “linked to motor vehicle crashes, industrial disasters, and medical and …
- Scorch Body Fat and Save Muscle!
You may or may not already know this but the human body has two main fuel tanks. One is referred …
- Try This Coconut Oil Shampoo and Conditioner For Perfect Hair
The more time you spend outdoors, the more care you should put in preventing sunburns and dried hair. Sun damage can …
- 5 Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
By now, you know that stress is not exactly the best thing for your health. Yoga is a great stress-buster …
- Thermograms: Safer, More Accurate than Mammograms
Until recently, the medical community urged every woman over the age of 40 to get yearly mammograms. As the dangers …
- How to Naturally Cure an Eye Infection In 24 Hours With Salt Water
Pinkeye isn’t the only common eye infection around: styes and chalazions also take the cake. And if you’ve ever had …
- The Common Habits You Need To Stop Immediately To Cut Your Dementia Risk In Half
For many, it’s their worst nightmare: coming to the twilight years and being unable to function independently, unable to perform …
- How To Make a Clay Pot Heater To Keep Your House Warm When There’s a Power Outage
Living in colder climates often means having to choose between being eco-friendly or being warm. Most people are not aware …
- Burn Belly Fat Fast with This 6 Minute Exercise Circuit
When we think of our “core”, we may think only of our abdominal and pelvic muscles. Physiologically speaking, the core …
- Keep One of These Plants In Your Home To Protect You From Radiation, Chemicals And Cigarette Smoke
But did you know that plant also filter out airborne toxins? In fact, plants can metabolize some toxic chemicals and …
- 10 Unusual Ways to Live Longer
Want to live longer? Check out these ten unusual ways to extend your longevity. 1. Wait Longer to Retire While …
- 6 Natural Strategies To Help Heal Gum Disease Within a Week or Less
Gingivitis is the mildest form of periodontal disease. Untreated gingivitis can advance to periodontitis, to which there are many degrees. …
- Top 4 Cancer Fighting Spices You Need To Try
These four cancer fighting spices have powerful health benefits and were part of my daily regimen to beat cancer without …