Smoothies are a great way to start your day – perfect for breakfast or a midday snack, they’re often loaded with antioxidants and other great vitamins and nutrients, and with the right ingredients they can taste great, too. This smoothie is designed to be both a tasty treat and a powerful tool in your weight loss arsenal.
No one food automatically burns fat since fat loss only happens when a combination of caloric expenditure, intake and metabolic response are at optimal levels. However, these four fruits have been shown to increase the body’s ability to respond to metabolic changes that can eventually lead to mobilization of fats and weight loss.
Fat-Busting Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup grapefruit
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 fresh mint leaves for garnish
Place all the ingredients except for the mint leaves in a blender and blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth. Serve with mint leaves as garnish. Eat the mint after the smoothie. It stops food cravings and improves the slow of bile through the stomach.
How It Works
Blueberries are very low in fat and loaded with fibre to help fill you up and keep you fuller for longer, making them a perfect snack for when you’re trying to lose weight. They’re also a prime source of manganese, which plays a role in converting carbohydrates into energy.
A popular food featured in many weight-loss diets, grapefruit helps boost your metabolism – even when your body is resting. According to this study, eating half a grapefruit before meals can cause weight loss even with no other dietary or exercise changes.
While dairy milk is high in fat content and difficult for many to digest, coconut milk is easier on the digestive system, and has a better nutritional profile than dairy milk.
Lime has been shown to lower cholesterol when introduced into the diets of adult men, making lime juice an important part of this cholesterol-busing smoothie.
- This Smoothie Is So Good You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World
Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet. …
- The Only 2 Reasons You’ll Ever Need to Add Cinnamon Oil to Everything You Eat
Cinnamon is a common spice that has been used medicinally for hundreds of years, and with good reason – studies …
- Drink This Homemade Syrup To Help Loosen Up Chest Phlegm and Expel It Out of Your Body
The worst part of a bad chest cold is probably the feeling of congestion you get in your chest, and …
- Drink This All-In-1 Ginger Tea To Dissolve Kidney Stones, Detox Your Liver And Fight Cancer
Ginger has been used medicinally in China and India for over 5000 years. It’s proven through time to treat digestion …
- 34 Gluten-Free Crockpot Recipes You’ll Love
Using a crockpot for cooking is a convenient way to prepare your own healthy meals. This is especially true for …
- Homemade Herbal Decongestant – Instant Fire Cider
Autumn is a great time of year to start a batch of traditional fire cider, pungent and spicy blend of …
- These Raw Vegan Coconut-Lemon Meltaways Will NOT Disappoint You
Everyone loves the tart citrus flavor of lemons, especially in desert form. These raw vegan lemon balls have a smooth, …
- Juicing Recipes For That Irritating Sore Throat
Many of the foods in your local supermarket could actually be better at helping an irritating sore throat than over …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- 3 Drinks To Detox Your Liver And Flush Out Fat
Food additives, over-the-counter pills, stress and environmental toxins are all things that can harm your liver. This is the reason why …
- The Best Superfood Smoothie To Fight Fatigue And Inflammation
Even if you wake up feeling sleepy, you still have a chance to change the course of your day by …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Drink Parsley Tea with Lemon and Honey
Parsley is an herb that’s often used as garnish. You’ve probably noticed quite a few restaurants doing this. Yet, this medicinal plant …
- How To Make A Metabolism Boosting Spice Blend
There are a number of herbs and spices that have metabolism boosting properties – and this unique blend includes some …
- This Aloe Vera Smoothie Is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory With Over 200 Active Enzymes!
Aloe vera has an intimidating appearance, but it is full of beneficial nutrients – containing at least 20 minerals, 12 …