Smoothies are a great way to start your day – perfect for breakfast or a midday snack, they’re often loaded with antioxidants and other great vitamins and nutrients, and with the right ingredients they can taste great, too. This smoothie is designed to be both a tasty treat and a powerful tool in your weight loss arsenal.
No one food automatically burns fat since fat loss only happens when a combination of caloric expenditure, intake and metabolic response are at optimal levels. However, these four fruits have been shown to increase the body’s ability to respond to metabolic changes that can eventually lead to mobilization of fats and weight loss.
Fat-Busting Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup grapefruit
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 fresh mint leaves for garnish
Place all the ingredients except for the mint leaves in a blender and blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth. Serve with mint leaves as garnish. Eat the mint after the smoothie. It stops food cravings and improves the slow of bile through the stomach.
How It Works
Blueberries are very low in fat and loaded with fibre to help fill you up and keep you fuller for longer, making them a perfect snack for when you’re trying to lose weight. They’re also a prime source of manganese, which plays a role in converting carbohydrates into energy.
A popular food featured in many weight-loss diets, grapefruit helps boost your metabolism – even when your body is resting. According to this study, eating half a grapefruit before meals can cause weight loss even with no other dietary or exercise changes.
While dairy milk is high in fat content and difficult for many to digest, coconut milk is easier on the digestive system, and has a better nutritional profile than dairy milk.
Lime has been shown to lower cholesterol when introduced into the diets of adult men, making lime juice an important part of this cholesterol-busing smoothie.
- Easy To Make Lemon Lavender Pancakes (With Coconut Flour and Homemade Almond Milk)
Pancakes are the ultimate all-American breakfast food. While there are many amazing toppings you can try to take your pancake …
- Chocolate Treats Without the Guilt
Chocolate is a guilty obsession for millions of people. But what if you could have your chocolate without the remorse? …
- How To Make Your Own Super-Healthy Detox Tea
The ingredients in this detox tea have been reported to possess a whole list of powerful health benefits, including antioxidant, …
- 5 Mouth-Watering Apple Recipes
No need to over-complicate things when searching for that healthy snack in the supermarket when an apple can provide you …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- This 3-Ingredient Homemade Syrup Helps Relieve Sore Throat and Cough
A sore throat is one of the easiest ways to detect the common cold. The virus causes inflammation in your …
- How to Make Chai Tea. (Reduce Inflammation, Strengthen Immunity, and Improve Digestion)
Suffering from indigestion or coming down with a cold? No problem! This unique chai tea recipe will help strengthen your …
- 5 Detox ‘Shots’ To Alkalize Your Body First Thing In The Morning
Ever wonder why mornings are so rough? Your body’s ph levels may be responsible. While you sleep, your body is …
- This Ravioli Recipe Combines 2 Superfoods For a Supercharged Meal Loaded With Antioxidants
The simplicity of this recipe may not be as obvious as it is; making your own pasta can sound daunting, …
- 14 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
Turmeric is by far one of the most popular and celebrated health foods of the decade. It’s been around for …
- 10-Minute Avocado Egg Salad With Turmeric, Black Pepper And Apple Cider Vinegar
Contrary to popular belief, it’s actually safe and healthy to eat eggs (yolks included!). They’re packed with protein and disease-fighting …
- How to Make Your Own Homemade Green Powder
Dark, leafy greens are very important for promoting good health. Packed with vitamins and minerals all of us need, we …
- Recipes from the Pantry: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an interesting and less frequently used alternative to white, balsamic, or red wine vinegar, with all …
- These Raw Vegan Coconut-Lemon Meltaways Will NOT Disappoint You
Everyone loves the tart citrus flavor of lemons, especially in desert form. These raw vegan lemon balls have a smooth, …