Back in 2011, Americans spent more than $50 billion on beauty products. (1)
Everyone wants beautiful looking skin. But not everyone’s willing to put in the effort. After all, your skin is a reflection of how well you’re doing internally.
From eating healthy to exercising and keeping stress levels low, healthy habits can be quite the challenge.
While some beauty products do help, they can easily become expensive to use.
Fortunately, coconut oil exists. This versatile superfood supports healthy skin and is a lot less expensive.
Why Is Coconut Oil Good For The Skin?
The lauric acid found in coconut oil improves skin conditions by healing wounds, reducing rashes and preventing acne.
Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect both work wonders for soothing skin ailments and feeding the good bacteria on your skin. (2,3,4)
Coconut Oil Improves Vitamin E Absorption
Vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant that protects your skin from free radicals, which speed up the aging process.
Coconut oil helps your body absorb vitamin E more easily through the skin. This was shown in a study in Canada in 1999 at the University of Western Onatario.
The study concluded that combining Vitamin E with coconut oil through the skin was a good alternative for those with gastrointestinal malabsorption diseases. (5)
How to Use Coconut Oil for the Face
Using coconut oil on your face is pretty straightforward. You’ll need unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil.
1. Every morning and night, wash your face with water, then lightly dab dry, don’t rub.
2. Use a little coconut oil on your fingertip, then gently rub all over your face. (You really don’t need a lot.)
Here’s another recipe that you can use to exfoliate your skin.
- Fish Oils Save Young Accident Victims from Permanent Brain Damage
Every once in a great while, mainstream doctors look away from their “standard of care” medical bags and dare to …
- The EXACT Amount of Epsom Salts You Should Be Adding to Your Bath Based on Your Weight
Epsom salt may look like salt, but it’s actually magnesium sulfate, a mineral compound (1). Epsom salt can be used …
- How To Get Rid Of Vertigo: 17 All-Natural Remedies
Ever feel like the room is spinning, after getting up too quickly in the morning? Typically, dizziness only occurs after …
- THIS Is Why Mountain Dew Is Terrible For You (Never Drink This Ever Again!)
Despite the increasing awareness of the harms of soda, Mountain dew is a still a popular drink among children and …
- These Pills Are Lifesaving, But You’re Going To Gag When You See What’s In Them.
Diarrhea is something that can happen to anyone. However, getting diarrhea due to clostridium difficile (CDI) a type of bacterial infection can …
- This Is What Happens To Your Heart When You Sit Still For More Than 6 Hours At a Time
Have you ever thought about how many hours you actually spend sitting in a day? More and more studies are …
- Thermograms: Safer, More Accurate than Mammograms
Until recently, the medical community urged every woman over the age of 40 to get yearly mammograms. As the dangers …
- Watch What Happens To Gray Hair When You Start Drinking Wheatgrass Everyday
Gray hair can make you look a lot older than you really are. Although there’s nothing wrong with having a …
- 7 Surprising Health Benefits of Meditation Backed by Science
Age-old practices backed by modern science. No matter the tradition, as skeptical Americans, we require empirical evidence before we embrace …
- 5 Practical Ways to Use Baking Soda Outside of The Kitchen
Baking soda is a common staple in many kitchens, used for home cleaning and in cooking as well. But this …
- Do This at Least Once a Week and Your Face Will Look 10 Years Younger!
The 2nd worst thing about aging is that your body slowly begins to get slower than your mind. The worst …
- 9 Plants To Attract Positive Energy In Your Home And Office
Your home is your sanctuary, so why not attract more positive energy in your home? Being surrounded by nature can …
- Own A Pet? Here Are 4 Unexpected Ways Your Pet Is Making You Healthier!
It’s hard to imagine the average American household without thinking about pets. Not surprisingly, 2 out of 3 families in …
- 4 EFFECTIVE Mood-Boosting Juices That Fight Depression WITHOUT Dangerous Side Effects
Poor nutrition not only results in physical disease, but emotional and mental disorders as well. Even though the importance of …
- How Many Eggs a Day Can You Safely Eat?
The egg is a remarkable achievement of nature. It contains everything needed to make a chicken, and has long been …