Back in 2011, Americans spent more than $50 billion on beauty products. (1)
Everyone wants beautiful looking skin. But not everyone’s willing to put in the effort. After all, your skin is a reflection of how well you’re doing internally.
From eating healthy to exercising and keeping stress levels low, healthy habits can be quite the challenge.
While some beauty products do help, they can easily become expensive to use.
Fortunately, coconut oil exists. This versatile superfood supports healthy skin and is a lot less expensive.
Why Is Coconut Oil Good For The Skin?
The lauric acid found in coconut oil improves skin conditions by healing wounds, reducing rashes and preventing acne.
Its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effect both work wonders for soothing skin ailments and feeding the good bacteria on your skin. (2,3,4)
Coconut Oil Improves Vitamin E Absorption
Vitamin E acts as a powerful antioxidant that protects your skin from free radicals, which speed up the aging process.
Coconut oil helps your body absorb vitamin E more easily through the skin. This was shown in a study in Canada in 1999 at the University of Western Onatario.
The study concluded that combining Vitamin E with coconut oil through the skin was a good alternative for those with gastrointestinal malabsorption diseases. (5)
How to Use Coconut Oil for the Face
Using coconut oil on your face is pretty straightforward. You’ll need unrefined cold-pressed coconut oil.
1. Every morning and night, wash your face with water, then lightly dab dry, don’t rub.
2. Use a little coconut oil on your fingertip, then gently rub all over your face. (You really don’t need a lot.)
Here’s another recipe that you can use to exfoliate your skin.
- The Single Best Thing You Can Do For Your Health
In this short video presentation, Dr. Mike answers the old question “What is the single best thing we can do …
- 10 Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Weight
Hit a plateau? Check out these ten reasons for why you’re not losing that weight, and tips to get back …
- 3-Ingredient Shots For Accelerated Weight Loss, Faster Metabolism & Better Digestion
Breakfast may be the most important meal of the day, but healthy eating goes way beyond a balanced meal. If …
- Medicinal Cannabis Is Slowly Replacing Several Prescription Medications
Since cannabis was legalized for medicinal and recreational purposes in the US, there has been a significant drop in opioid …
- Lemon and Baking Soda: A Miraculous Cancer-Fighting Combination
Drinking lemon water is great, but there is a way to take it to a whole other level by adding …
- Alkaline Eating: Tips and Tricks To Lose Weight, Fight Inflammation and Prevent Cancer
You might have noticed that eating too many sweets or drinking too much coffee can leave you feeling tired, fat …
- Drink This 2x a Day To Remove Uric Acid Before It Crystallizes In Your Joints And Becomes Painful
Detox juices are an effective method to rejuvenate your body and improve your overall health. As a matter of fact, a natural …
- The 5 Best and 5 Worst Foods For Sleep
For many, the secret to getting a good night’s sleep comes down to two things–stress and diet. It’s important to …
- THIS Oil Relieves Pain FASTER Than Both Pain Meds and ALL Other Natural Remedies
What do you do when you experience muscle pain? If you’re like most Americans, you probably open up your bathroom …
- These 5 Habits Are Harming Your Immune System And Ruining Your Health
From everyday airborne allergens to countertop bacteria, your immune system is a complex network that is constantly battling to keep …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- 15 Easy Ways to Overcome Anxiety Now
When your anxious thoughts creep up from all sides to start whining in your ear, you may feel that fighting …
- How To Get Silky Smooth Feet With This Natural Treatment Using Baking Soda
Soft, well groomed smooth feet are important to many woman. With uncomfortable shoe designs, errands to run, and jobs that …
- 11 Brilliant Tricks to Easily Clean the Things You Weren’t Sure How to Clean
We all dread it… cleaning or fixing those annoying or fiddly items that you know you have to clean at …
- Could Being Bilingual Delay the Onset of Dementia
Many people are aware of the devastating effects that dementia can have in later life. There are many alternative therapies …