Thinking about losing a few extra pounds? The only true way to shed off unwanted weight is with a strict exercise schedule and a well formulated diet plan. There aren’t any quick ways around exercise and a balanced diet. But a few weight loss drinks along the way can help speed up the process and have you on the way to reaching your goals before you know it.
Here are the top 5 weight loss drinks.
1. Detox Juices
Retail juice products and homemade juices designed for detox are some of the most essential weight loss drinks. While rarely marketed for weight loss, they contain all of the important nutrients you need to get a metabolism boost. Citrus fruits are the most common ingredients of detox juice. Loaded with antioxidants, they have a powerful ability to flush out toxins.
One of the largest benefits of the fruits in detox juices are high levels of fiber. A 2009 study in the academic journal Nutrition Reviews determined that fiber is a key component to battling obesity. Fiber may help regulate hunger, satiety, and boost metabolism.
2. Vegetable Juice
Most people already don’t get enough vegetables. Busy everyday life can get in the way of a balanced diet. The easiest way to make vegetables a priority in your diet is to add a low sodium vegetable juice. Blending your own so you know exactly what is going into the juice is preferable to purchasing a juice product.
Researchers writing in the Nutrition Journal determined that vegetable juice is a “simple and effective way to increase the number of daily vegetable servings” and that it provides “the potential” to “aid in weight loss in overweight individuals with metabolic syndrome.”
3. Green Tea
Green tea is a historically powerful weight loss supplement. For hundreds if not thousands of years, people have used green tea to promote health. A meta-analysis of green tea research published in 2009 argues that green tea may have a direct function in body weight reduction. In addition, green tea is loaded with antioxidants that are helpful for preventing illness and promoting a healthy lifestyle.
4. Caffeine Drinks (Moderate Amount)
One study of green tea and caffeine determined that habitual caffeine consumption drastically reduces weight gain and promotes weight loss. The 2005 study contends that caffeine is helpful in losing weight.
When you consume caffeine, it acts as a stimulant and your body has a thermogenic response—in other words, your core temperature rises a bit. This causes you to burn more calories. Additionally, caffeine promotes fat oxidation and suppresses leptin. Drinks with Caffeine—as long as they overloaded with cream and sugar—are excellent ways to improve your metabolism and increase weight loss.
5. Protein Drinks (You Don’t Have To Use Whey For This)
One of the biggest challenges of weight loss and dieting is avoiding weight regain after losing significant weight. Protein supplementation may be the key to keeping the pounds off after weight loss. An article in the British Journal of Nutrition details the study of researchers in the Netherlands who determined that protein helps limit weight regain and—if weight regain does occur—promotes the development of lean muscle-based mass instead of fat.
Many people avoid protein drinks because they are afraid of “bulking up.” The reality is that protein might be the missing link in your weight loss strategy. The presence of additional protein in the body after a workout helps break down carbohydrates so they can be used as immediate fuel.
-  http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1753-4887.2001.tb07001.x/abstract
-  http://www.biomedcentral.com/content/pdf/1475-2891-9-8.pdf
-  http://www.nature.com/ijo/journal/v33/n9/abs/ijo2009135a.html
-  http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1038/oby.2005.142/full
-  http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=918140
- Woman’s Mole Turned Out To Be Cancerous After Doctor Dismissed Her Worries
Months after a doctor dismissed a young woman’s mole as nothing serious, another doctor diagnosed her with melanoma, the deadliest …
- 5 Easy Ways To Free Yourself From Sugar Addiction
Okay, so maybe “easy” is the wrong word – sugar addiction is real and many people struggle to cut down …
- Ex-Pharma Sales Rep Reveals Shady Practices of Pharmaceutical Drug Companies
Many people rely on medications supplied by pharmaceutical companies to manage pain, mental health conditions, and even to survive. But …
- The Leaves of Soursop Are 1000 Times Stronger at Killing Cancer Cells Than Chemotherapy
Graviola, or soursop, is a tropical fruit native to South America and the Caribbean. Known also as custard apple (THAT …
- Dry Skin Brushing Helps Detox Your Skin And Reduce Cellulite…Here’s How To Do It Correctly!
Your lymphatic system plays an important role in helping your body get rid of waste and toxins. One of its main …
- Over 2,000 Studies Confirm TOXIC Effects of EMF From Cell Phones and Household Appliances
All electrical appliances and wiring in your home emit EMFs: Electrical Magnetic Fields. Electromagnetic Radiation is a form of energy …
- This Is Not A Normal Bug…If You See One Do THIS Immediately!
Bugs can be annoying, but most of them are pretty harmless, right? You may have heard of the seemingly innocent …
- Man Refuses Chemo And Cures His Bladder Cancer Within 2 Yrs By Taking Cannabis Oil And Essiac Tea
On July 2012, at age 54, Trevor Smith was suddenly and unexpectedly diagnosed with stage T2a bladder cancer. The cancer had …
- This Is One of The Top Cancer Causing Foods
It’s hard to find a North American child who’s never tasted a hot dog. Countless schools and households rely on …
- Painless Trick To Remove Stubborn Splinters In Your Skin Using Only a Bottle
There’s nothing quite like a stubborn splinter to ruin your day. The smaller they are, the harder they are to get …
- What’s Your Headache Telling You?
Everyone gets headaches, right? Actually, 90% of the population has had a headache at some time. There are five different …
- Turn a Small Space Into a Big Harvest With These Awesome Vertical Gardens
Whether you want to grow veggies, herbs or flowers, gardening can be very rewarding. However sometimes your love for plants …
- Sauna Exposed: What Happens To Your Body After Using A Sauna
Saunas have a long history in Scandinavian health and culture. With over 2000 years of history and more saunas in …
- Doctors Are Urging You To Stop Feeding Your Children Hot Dogs – Here’s Why
Among American favorites is the Hot Dog – a fourth of July staple that’s eaten at least once a week …
- 5 Tips On How To Prevent Workplace Stress From Aging You Faster
Chronic stress is bad for you – by now, this shouldn’t be a surprising statement. Chronic stress is linked to …