What Does Science Say?
The Canadian government and pharmaceutical companies have long tried to stop the use of Essiac, and there has been no new research on the subject since 2007.
However, The Journal of Ethnopharmacology stated in a 2006 study that: “Essiac tea possesses potent antioxidant and DNA-protective activity, properties that are common to natural anti-cancer agents.” (2).
Additionally, The Journal Of Alternative And Complimentary Medicine found that : “Essiac preparations may be able to inhibit tumor cell growth while enhancing immune response to antigenic stimulation. This may be especially valuable in immune-suppressed individuals.” (3).
Despite there being measurable scientific data proving the efficacy of Essiac tea, as well as multiple accounts of patients being successfully treated, the medical community chooses not to acknowledge these facts.
How To Make Essiac Tea
The tea’s benefits come directly from the various ingredients used in its preparation. That’s why it’s important to use high-quality, organic ingredients and make sure they are stored in glass jars and kept in a dark, dry place.
- 1 1/2 cups of burdock root (cut)
- 1/4 pound of sheep sorrel herb (powdered)
- 1/16 pound of slippery elm bark (powdered)
- 1/2 tablespoon of Indian rhubarb root (powdered)
- 10 cups of spring water
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, as your would mix baking ingredients.
- Boil the water in a stainless steel or cast iron pot with a lid.
- Add the herbs and boil hard for 10 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and leave your tea overnight.
- In the morning, heat it up to steaming hot (do not boil it!).
- Let it cool and strain the mix using a stainless steel strainer
- Store your mix in sterilized glass jars and keep in the refrigerator.
Directions For Use OF Essiac
Take four tablespoons of distilled water. Heat the water. To the heated water add Four Tablespoons (2 oz) ESSIAC. Mix and drink. To be taken at bedtime on an empty stomach. At least 2 hours after eating. Can be taken in the morning on an empty stomach. If taken in the morning do not eat for at least 2 hours after taking. via CancerTutor
Essiac may interact with some types of cancer treatment so it is very important to tell your doctor if you are thinking of taking Essiac.
Additional information on Essiac Tea can be found at HealthFreedom.