Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone else in the gender spectrum, I present to you: The Queen Of Cauliflower. Make it for your friends, your Tinder person, or even for yourself. You can thank me later.
NOTE: While the original dish was stuffed with halloumi, I chose to recreate it without the cheese. If you aren’t vegan, I highly recommend pan-frying some halloumi to eat with the cauliflower or stuffing the cauliflower with the halloumi before putting it on the oven. The recipe for the skhug was adapted from the following recipes on Cooking Crossroads and Jimena Experience.
Queen of Cauliflower Recipe
Serves 2 hungry people or 4 less hungry people.
Cauliflower + Marinade/Glaze
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- generous pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- pomegranates, to garnish
- pine nuts, to garnish
- tahini, to garnish
- 3 cups loose cilantro
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 or 1/2 serrano/jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 205ºC/400ºF.
- In a small pan over low heat, melt the coconut oil.
- Whisk the paprika, turmeric, sea salt and pepper into the coconut oil.
- Chop the ends and leaves off the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower in a baking tray and generously brush and cover the cauliflower with the coconut oil and spice mixture.
- Roast for 45 minutes to an hour, until the cauliflower begins to char.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the skhug by blending all of the skhug ingredients in a food processor. Set the skhug aside.
- Heat a pan up on high heat. Add the pine nuts and toast until golden brown, stirring every now and then to prevent them from burning.
- Once the cauliflower is done, remove from the oven and garnish with the skhug, pine nuts, tahini, and pomegranate.
- This Spiced Coffee Recipe Is a Complete Meal All On Its Own And Will Last You a Week
Many people rely on caffeine to get them going in the morning, and while there’s nothing wrong with that, coffee …
- 12 Recipes for Gluten-Free Cookies You Won’t Be Able to Resist
Gluten is becoming an ever-increasing concern in the Western diet. The volume of people with wheat allergies or sensitivities across …
- 5 Unexpected Ways to Use Avocados
The avocado, which is actually a fruit, not a vegetable, boasts a wide array of health benefits. Rich in fiber, …
- Here’s How To Make Your Own Kombucha Tea (You’ll Love This Probiotic-Rich Beverage!)
Kombucha is a fermented tea drink that has been gaining popularity recently due to many claims about its health-promoting properties. …
- Drink This Fat-Burning Ginger And Coconut Oil Smoothie to ACCELERATE Weight Loss
Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger. This can …
- 11 Easy Crustless Pizza You’ll Love
Pizza is delicious. But it’s not something that you can enjoy every day without any repercussions. There are two main problems with pizza: …
- Easy And Delicious Apple Pancake Recipe
Available almost anywhere and relatively inexpensive, apples are an ideal fruit to bake with. Many pastry recipes feature apples – …
- 3 Amazing Tonics To Help You Detox And Recover From Chemotherapy
Detoxing is an important part of recovery from any illness, but it’s especially important when the treatment for that illness …
- 5-Ingredient Anti-Inflammatory Sweet Potato Brownies With Almond Butter, Cocoa And Maple Syrup
However, most brownies are full of inflammatory ingredients like processed wheat and sugar. If you want a delicious treat that …
- This Easy DIY Homemade Ketchup Is So Good, You’ll Never Go Back To The Store-Bought Stuff!
Ah, ketchup. It’s the favorite condiment of toddlers and kids everywhere for hot dogs, chicken nugget, and french fries. But …
- 5 Sweet Tooth Satisfying But Healthy Apricot Recipes. #5 Will Boost Heart Health.
Summer-ready apricots are a great and healthy way to satisfy your urge for something sweet, but also jam packed with …
- Eat More Kale With These 6 Recipes
Spring is the best time of year for leafy greens like kale. Ranked as one of the healthiest vegetables that …
- Make Turmeric-Tomato-Black Pepper Soup In 15 Minutes To Fight Cancer, Inflammation and More
A bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich are true tokens of childhood. Although it may seem like …
- Drink This Medicinal Tea To Detoxify Your Liver And Strengthen Your Immune System
Take your morning warm lemon water ritual to a new level with the anti-inflammatory and detoxing powers of ginger and …
- Chocolate Avocado Cookies FILLED With Cancer-Fighting, Waistline-Busting Ingredients
Most cookies are made up of wheat and sugar, two of the most harmful foods on the market. Whether they’re …