High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster.
If you want to reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke, then you need to make sure to keep your artery walls squeaky clean.
The less plaque buildup you have, the better.
While taking statins can help lower your overall cholesterol, they usually come with many dangerous side effects.
In fact, statins has been shown to drastically lower levels of CoQ10 in the heart.
Here’s an effective natural remedy that you can take to keep your arteries healthy.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup grated ginger
- 1 cup garlic
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Simmer all ingredients except apple cider vinegar on low heat for approximately half an hour.
- Remove the mix from heat and strain it.
- Let it cool down a bit. (lukewarm)
- Once cooled down, add 3 cups of natural honey and the apple cider vinegar and stir.
- Pour everything into a jar or glass container and store in fridge.
How To Use:
- Warm some water on the stove (make sure it’s not boiling hot!) and add 4 tablespoons of the mixture. Drink it every morning before breakfast for 3 weeks.
- Then stop for one week and repeat step 1.
You can repeat this treatment every 6 months.
Note: Always shake before use.
Ginger contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols. Less inflammation, better circulation.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C which can help slow down the progression of atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). It helps prevent damage to LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, which then builds up as plaque in the arteries. (source)
Allicin found in garlic react with red blood cells and produce hydrogen sulphide which relaxes the blood vessels, and keeps blood flowing easily. This, in turn, reduces blood pressure, allowing the blood to carry more oxygen to essential organs, and reducing pressure on the heart. (source)
Apple cider vinegar has been shown to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. (source).
If you’re interested in managing your blood pressure naturally then have a look at this.
- Drink This Probiotic-Rich Lemonade To Boost Your Immune System And Improve Gut Health
There’s no drink more appropriate on a warm sunny day than a tall glass of lemonade, especially when citrus fruits …
- Researchers Come Across Very “Appealing” Juice…What it Does to Your Blood Pressure is Astounding!
Are you looking to replace blood pressure-lowering drugs with natural, diet-based solutions? Complimenting past findings, recent research reveals that drinking …
- Prepare Healthy and Delicious Pineapple Popsicles Using Only 3 Ingredients
If you’ve ever been to Disneyland, you may be familiar with the Dole whip – a frozen desert featuring pineapple …
- How to Use Baking Soda to Treat and Prevent Acid Reflux
When acid reflux hits, the one thing you want is instant relief. It is often referred to as heartburn because …
- This 3-Ingredient Homemade Syrup Helps Relieve Sore Throat and Cough
A sore throat is one of the easiest ways to detect the common cold. The virus causes inflammation in your …
- Recipes from the Pantry: Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is an interesting and less frequently used alternative to white, balsamic, or red wine vinegar, with all …
- How To Make Any Greens Taste Good In Under 10 minutes And 4 Other Recipes Worth Trying
Dark, leafy greens are amongst one the most nutrient-packed vegetables on Earth. Most people have a hard time getting enough …
- How To Make a Simple Remineralizing Toothpaste At Home
With so many commercially available toothpastes on the market, why make your own? Aside from the satisfaction of knowing exactly …
- 5 Unexpected Ways to Use Avocados
The avocado, which is actually a fruit, not a vegetable, boasts a wide array of health benefits. Rich in fiber, …
- This Insanely Delicious Cauliflower Recipe Mixes 7 Powerful Spices To Supercharge Your Body
Ladies, gentlemen, and everyone else in the gender spectrum, I present to you: The Queen Of Cauliflower. Make it for …
- 5 Pleasing Sweet Potato Recipes. #3 Makes for a Healthy Breafkast.
Organic sweet potatoes are relatively cheap considering the amount of goodness they contain. They contain high levels of vitamin B6, …
- He Fills An Ice Cube Tray With Fresh Herbs. The Reason? GENIUS!!
Do you ever wish you could use fresh herbs in all your cooking? We buy fresh dill, basil, cilantro, oregano, …
- How To Make Water Kefir Using ONLY 3 Simple Ingredients!
I’d heard of kefir before – the milk based cultured yoghurt like beverage which many non vegans consumed for its …
- Boost Immunity With These Coconut Oil Recipes!
The health benefits of coconut oil are getting a lot of press these days in the natural health community. Coconut …
- Eating Your Trees: Fun and Healthy Broccoli Recipes
Broccoli is rich in fiber, vitamin C, and tons of phytonutrients, and it’s available just about year round. While you …