High levels of LDL cholesterol (the bad type) and a diet high in inflammatory foods is a recipe for disaster.
If you want to reduce your risk of heart attack or stroke, then you need to make sure to keep your artery walls squeaky clean.
The less plaque buildup you have, the better.
While taking statins can help lower your overall cholesterol, they usually come with many dangerous side effects.
In fact, statins has been shown to drastically lower levels of CoQ10 in the heart.
Here’s an effective natural remedy that you can take to keep your arteries healthy.
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup grated ginger
- 1 cup garlic
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- Simmer all ingredients except apple cider vinegar on low heat for approximately half an hour.
- Remove the mix from heat and strain it.
- Let it cool down a bit. (lukewarm)
- Once cooled down, add 3 cups of natural honey and the apple cider vinegar and stir.
- Pour everything into a jar or glass container and store in fridge.
How To Use:
- Warm some water on the stove (make sure it’s not boiling hot!) and add 4 tablespoons of the mixture. Drink it every morning before breakfast for 3 weeks.
- Then stop for one week and repeat step 1.
You can repeat this treatment every 6 months.
Note: Always shake before use.
Ginger contains very potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols. Less inflammation, better circulation.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C which can help slow down the progression of atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). It helps prevent damage to LDL (“bad”) cholesterol, which then builds up as plaque in the arteries. (source)
Allicin found in garlic react with red blood cells and produce hydrogen sulphide which relaxes the blood vessels, and keeps blood flowing easily. This, in turn, reduces blood pressure, allowing the blood to carry more oxygen to essential organs, and reducing pressure on the heart. (source)
Apple cider vinegar has been shown to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels. (source).
If you’re interested in managing your blood pressure naturally then have a look at this.
- The Best Superfood Smoothie To Fight Fatigue And Inflammation
Even if you wake up feeling sleepy, you still have a chance to change the course of your day by …
- 27 Turmeric Recipes That Will Spice Up Your Life
Turmeric is the superfood that makes our cooking dazzle. But it does ever so much more than simply flavor and color our food. Cooking …
- 5 Delicious Fruit-Infused Water Recipes To Drink Instead Of Soda
Soda can feel like a cool, refreshing drink on a hot day, but it’s hardly the most health-conscious option available. …
- How to Make Your Own Homemade Green Powder
Dark, leafy greens are very important for promoting good health. Packed with vitamins and minerals all of us need, we …
- See What Happens To Your Body When You Mix Sauerkraut And Turmeric
Fermentation isn’t limited to the process of making your favorite beer or wine. It’s actually used to produce a wide …
- 5 Unexpected Ways to Use Avocados
The avocado, which is actually a fruit, not a vegetable, boasts a wide array of health benefits. Rich in fiber, …
- Drink This Homemade Syrup To Help Loosen Up Chest Phlegm and Expel It Out of Your Body
The worst part of a bad chest cold is probably the feeling of congestion you get in your chest, and …
- Drink This All-In-1 Ginger Tea To Dissolve Kidney Stones, Detox Your Liver And Fight Cancer
Ginger has been used medicinally in China and India for over 5000 years. It’s proven through time to treat digestion …
- No-Flour Banana Pancakes Are Easy To Make And Rich In Potassium
Who doesn’t love pancakes? They’re sweet, fluffy and simply delicious! They can be combined with all sorts of fruits and …
- This Lifesaving Ancient Cold and Flu Remedy is so Effective Even Hippocrates Would Recommend It!
Trying to navigate your way through the flu season can be quite the challenge. Especially, if you’re taking public transit. And …
- 5 Athlete-Building Beetroot Recipes
Beetroot has taken center stage since the 2013 Paralympics when athlete David Weir won four gold medals and boasted it was …
- How to Make Chai Tea. (Reduce Inflammation, Strengthen Immunity, and Improve Digestion)
Suffering from indigestion or coming down with a cold? No problem! This unique chai tea recipe will help strengthen your …
- 5 Antioxidant-Rich Blackberry Recipes
Blackberries are so much more than a dessert fruit staple. Not only are they able to help keep you looking …
- How To Make Turmeric Tea That’s Both Delicious And Healthy
If you are taking ibuprofen tablets (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin & Nurofen) for everything ranging from headache, backache and other muscular aches …
- How To Make Homemade Matcha Marshmallows
There are plenty of reasons to avoid artificial food dyes. Studies have linked them to behavioral problems in children, including …