Do you ever feel tired right after eating?
Do you feel lethargic and feel like you need to take a nap despite having had a good night sleep the night before?
If that’s you, then you’ve just experienced what’s know as a sugar crash.
This can happen to anyone, especially when you overeat.
It’s not a big problem if it happens occasionally. However, if it happens frequently, then it may be a sign that your body isn’t processing sugar properly and that can be dangerous in the long-run.
Having high blood sugar levels can lead to a wide range of health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, chronic inflammation, cancer and so on.
Below are some delicious salad recipes for diabetes that will help keep your blood sugar levels stable.
1. Spinach With Garlic Vinaigrette
This classic salad can be dressed up with some chopped almonds and pumpkin seeds for extra protein!
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, or about 6 ounces
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Combine all the ingredients, except the red onion and spinach in a large bowl, while stirring well with a whisk.
- Add the 6 cups spinach and red onion.
- Toss to coat.
2. Endive and Cucumbers Salad
This salad is deliciously savory and a little on the bitter side. Add some delicious artichokes or sun dried tomatoes to balance it out!
- 200 grams of cucumbers
- 90 grams of endives
- 10 grams of black olives
- Olive oil
- Prepare the endives. Then peel and cut the cucumbers. Wash afterwards.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Season with vinegar, salt, and oil to taste
3. Cucumber Salad
Enjoy this salad on a hot day to stay cool and hydrated. Add some chopped onions and crumbled feta cheese for a little more flavor!
- 1 large English cucumber or 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
(Makes 4 servings of about 1 cup each)
- Peel the cucumbers to leave alternating green stripes. Then slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise, while scraping the seeds out using a spoon.
- Cut into very thin slices by using a food processor or knife. Then put in a double layer of paper towel, while squeezing gently to remove any excess moisture.
- Mix together the salt and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir to dissolve. Then add the cucumbers and sesame seeds.
- Toss well to combine and serve immediately.
And if you’re feeling courageous, you can try adding the following foods to your diet. These will also help keep your blood sugar levels stable throughout the day.
- 23 Best Yoga Poses for Neck Pain
According to recent estimates, somewhere around 10% adults are experiencing neck pain at any given time. (1) As much as 50% of …
- 10 Dangerous Brain-Damaging Habits to Stop Immediately
On average, a human adult brain weighs about 3 pounds (1,300-1,400 g), which is roughly 2% of your total body …
- How To Cleanse Your Coronary Arteries With Only 3 Ingredients
A diet high in junk food and sugar can be destructive to your cardiovascular health. You may have heard about how …
- 19 Ways To Ease Pain From Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) occurs when the nerves that run through a small space in the wrist become compressed. It’s …
- How To Use Peppermint Essential Oil To Kick Your Sugar Habit
Sugar addiction is no joke – there’s compelling scientific evidence that addiction to refined sugar can be just as serious …
- 7 Easy Ways to Optimize Your Hormones (and Be Your Best at Any Age)
As its name implies, growth hormones stimulate growth, cell reproduction and regeneration in humans. Growth hormone diminishes as you age, …
- Keeping Your Gut Happy Is Key To Having a Healthy Brain (Here’s What You Can Do Right Now)
When it comes to the delicate balance of our bodies, there’s still a lot we don’t know, and it seems …
- Every Single Person Who has Cancer has a pH that is Too Acidic. Here is the Easiest Way to Check your pH Balance
A slightly alkaline environment is essential for proper cellular functions. Your gut bacteria and immune system rely on it too. …
- All The Signs, Symptoms, Triggers and Treatments of Hypo and Hyperthyroidism
According to the American Thyroid Association, an estimated 20 million Americans have some form of thyroid disease. Up to 60 …
- Anxiety Disorders are Linked to This Type of Abuse
“Stick and stones can break my bones but words will never hurt me” may sound nice in theory, but it isn’t …
- 5 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Sinus Infection
By now, you probably already know that Apple Cider Vinegar is a true lifesaver. Whether it be used to flavor …
- 6 Natural Ways To Stop And Heal Receding Gums Before It’s Too Late
According to the New York Times, more than 75% of American adults have some form of gum disease. National Institute Of …
- 5 Foods That Make Arthritis Worse (and age you faster)
Managing arthritis can be a full-time job. There are certain activities and medication to be avoided to keep pain levels …
- A Healing Cucumber and Garlic Salad: Lowers Cholesterol and Regulates High Blood Pressure
According to the Mayo Clinic, high blood pressure is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood …
- How to Recognize a Heart Attack One Month Before it Happens
Every year, almost eight hundred thousand people in North America suffer a heart attack. Many survive but some do not, …