Do you ever feel tired right after eating? Do you feel lethargic and feel like you need to take a nap despite having had a good night sleep the night before?
If that’s you, then you’ve just experienced what’s know as a sugar crash. This can happen to anyone, especially when you overeat. It’s not a big problem if it happens occasionally. However, if it happens frequently, then it may be a sign that your body isn’t processing sugar properly and that can be dangerous in the long-run.
Having high blood sugar levels can lead to a wide range of health problems such as diabetes, heart disease, chronic inflammation, cancer and so on.
Below are some delicious salad recipes for diabetes that will help keep your blood sugar levels stable.
1. Spinach With Garlic Vinaigrette
This classic salad can be dressed up with some chopped almonds and pumpkin seeds for extra protein!
- 6 cups baby spinach leaves, or about 6 ounces
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Combine all the ingredients, except the red onion and spinach in a large bowl, while stirring well with a whisk.
- Add the 6 cups spinach and red onion.
- Toss to coat.
See also: Reversing diabetes Type-2
2. Endive and Cucumbers Salad
This salad is deliciously savory and a little on the bitter side. Add some delicious artichokes or sun dried tomatoes to balance it out!
- 200 grams of cucumbers
- 90 grams of endives
- 10 grams of black olives
- Olive oil
- Prepare the endives. Then peel and cut the cucumbers. Wash afterwards.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Season with vinegar, salt, and oil to taste
Read more: early warning signs of diabetes
3. Cucumber Salad
Enjoy this salad on a hot day to stay cool and hydrated. Add some chopped onions and crumbled feta cheese for a little more flavor!
- 1 large English cucumber or 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
(Makes 4 servings of about 1 cup each)
- Peel the cucumbers to leave alternating green stripes. Then slice the cucumbers in half lengthwise, while scraping the seeds out using a spoon.
- Cut into very thin slices by using a food processor or knife. Then put in a double layer of paper towel, while squeezing gently to remove any excess moisture.
- Mix together the salt and vinegar in a medium bowl. Stir to dissolve. Then add the cucumbers and sesame seeds.
- Toss well to combine and serve immediately.
And if you’re feeling courageous, you can try adding the following foods to your diet. These will also help keep your blood sugar levels stable throughout the day.
- Unhealthy Bacteria In The Colon Can Disrupt Your Metabolism And Lead To Type 2 Diabetes
The intestines are often referred to as the 2nd brain for its influence on our mental and physical health, and …
- How One Man Reversed His Type 2 Diabetes Using The 80/20 Rule For Juicing
How often do you drink juice? Most people only enjoy it once a week or so, choosing soda and coffee …
- Reversing Type 2 Diabetes Naturally In 7 Steps – Never Take Insulin Or Medication Again
Diabetes is an epidemic—there’s no other way to put it. But reversing diabetes (type 2) is possible, it just requires …
- 10 Early Warning Signs of Diabetes That You Don’t Know But Should
Right now, without even realizing it, your body could be sending you warnings signs of diabetes. Current statistics show that …
- Study Finds Olive Leaf Extract Useful in Diabetes Management
Researchers with the University of Auckland, New Zealand have taken folk medicine to the lab to test the effectiveness of …
- 6 Unexpected Foods That Help Support Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
For people living with diabetes, it can seem like there’s no end to the number of factors that can influence …
- 8 Foods to Avoid with Diabetes
Diabetes is one disease that directly affects diet, and it often leaves diabetics wondering what they can eat. However, even …
- 5 Ways Swimming Helps Fight Diabetes
Swimming is a great form of exercise for many different reasons. It burns calories quickly, works out multiple parts of …
- Best Home Remedies To Treat Frozen Shoulder Pain
For many, frozen shoulder isn’t a condition they know about or have even experienced. Frozen shoulder treatment can be painful …
- Short, High-Intensity Exercise Improves Insulin Production In People With Type 2 Diabetes
In previous studies, aerobic exercise is shown to improve beta-cell function and insulin production in diabetics. However, many Type 2 …
- The Diabetes Drug Metformin Linked to Vitamin B12 Deficiency
If you are taking the popular diabetes medication Metformin or know someone who does, please read on. Metformin is a …
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids Prove Effective In Relieving Pain Caused by Diabetic Neuropathy
If you have diabetes, not only do you have an elevated risk of developing heart disease (among other complications), but …
- How To Use Peppermint Essential Oil To Kick Your Sugar Habit
Sugar addiction is no joke – there’s compelling scientific evidence that addiction to refined sugar can be just as serious …
- Chlorella and Diabetes: How Algae Improves Insulin Sensitivity
Chlorella, which is widely known as a super food, boasts a variety of health benefits. It improves immune function, aids …
- All It Takes Is One Boiled Egg To Control Sugar Levels In The Blood
Every time you eat, your blood sugar levels go up. This is especially true for individuals who have type 2 diabetes or …