If you’re feeling tired or sluggish, it may be time to cleanse and detox your body. Things like stress, poor diet, inactivity and environmental pollutants can build-up in your body over time and leave you with low energy and frequent bouts of illness. Toxic build-up can even lead to inflammation and obesity.
Every year or so, it’s important to do a full body detox to clear your digestive tract and lymph nodes and get your body back into optimal shape!
Before The Cleanse…
In the days leading up to your cleanse, stop consuming dairy products. Dairy is slowly digested and contain unwanted antibiotics and hormones.
Recombinant bovine somatotropin, is a popular artificial growth hormone that increases milk production and is illegal in Canada and many European countries but is commonly used in the USA (1).
Cut Back On The Meat
It’s also a good idea to completely restrict or at least reduce your consumption of meat, poultry and fish during the cleanse.
USDA researchers have found that eating 2 ounces of chicken per day—the equivalent of a third to a half of a boneless breast—exposes a consumer to 3 to 5 micrograms of inorganic arsenic, the element’s most toxic form (2).
Daily exposures to lower levels of arsenic have been associated with skin, respiratory and bladder cancers.
Meat, dairy and fish also contain dioxin, a highly toxic and carcinogenic compound which can cause reproductive and developmental problems, damage to the immune system, and can interfere with hormones (3).
Nearly 95 percent of your dioxin exposure comes in the concentrated form of meat, fish, and dairy products, because when you eat animal products, the dioxin that animals have built up in their bodies (through environmental exposure and contamination of their feed) is absorbed into your own (4).
The night before your cleanse, drink a cup of herbal laxatives to flush out your intestines to give your body a fresh start.
Make sure that you have whole food, vegetarian options for your meals to come. You should not be eating any processed foods, sugar, fish, meat of any kind or dairy throughout your cleanse.
1. On an empty stomach, drink 2 glasses of water with the juice of a whole lemon in each.
This will help your body digest breakfast and detox your liver.
2. As you eat breakfast, drink 1 cup and a half of pineapple juice along with your meal.
Pineapple contains bromelain, a natural mixture of two proteases (protein-digesting enzymes) which helps break down proteins to help your body digest and better utilize protein and collagen (5).
Bromelain also helps to fight cancer (6) and decrease inflammation of the colon (7).
3. Between breakfast and lunch, drink between 1 to 1.5 glasses of carrot juice (smoothie).
Carrots contain the cancer-fighting compound falcarinol.
The fiber in raw carrots also help the body get rid of excess estrogen and other hormones.
It also contains high levels of vitamin A (8) , which will work to form and maintain healthy mucus membranes in your digestive tract (9).
4. Next, prepare a potassium-rich drink by blending, celery, parsley, carrots and spinach (10,8,11,12). Take 1.5 cups of this juice with your lunch.
Potassium helps nerves and muscles communicate. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells to help detoxify and nourish your body (13).
The mineral also helps to offset some of sodium’s harmful effects on blood pressure.
This drink also contains high levels of manganese, which helps the body form connective tissue, bones, blood clotting factors, and sex hormones (14).
It also plays a role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation.
If you don’t have the time, your can combine 1.5 cup of pure noni juice with a cup of water for an equally potassium-filled beverage (15).
5. About an hour before dinner, drink 1 cup of tummy-soothing tea made of equal parts ginger, rose hips and peppermint.
Rose hips contains high levels of vitamin C to boost your immune system. The flowers are also used to prevent osteoarthritis (16).
Peppermint, on the other hand, is an effective alternative to drugs like Buscopan for reducing colonic spasms (17).
In people with functional gastrointestinal disorders, peppermint may be useful to enhance gastric emptying (18). The herb also helps to relieve pain and stress.
Ginger prevents nausea, helps digestion and promotes blood flow to the digestive tract (19).
6. In the evening, about two hours before going to bed, drink 340ml of pure cranberry juice.
Components found in cranberry may prevent bacteria, such as E. coli, from clinging to the cells along the walls of the urinary tract and causing infection.
There is also preliminary evidence that cranberry may reduce the ability of H. pylori bacteria to live in the stomach and cause ulcers (20).
Repeat this process for three consecutive days to clear toxins throughout your whole body. Make sure to keep a clean diet throughout and take the time to relax and let go of negative emotions and thoughts to cleanse your mind too!
- 10 Unusual Ways to Live Longer
Want to live longer? Check out these ten unusual ways to extend your longevity. 1. Wait Longer to Retire While …
- This 3-Ingredient Natural Recipe Will Make Your Facial Hair Disappear!
As mammals, humans have hair follicles all over their bodies. While some are more coarse and visible, like eyebrows and …
- The Migraine-Relieving Hormone Nobody Ever Talks About
There are many factors that cause migraine headaches and people who regularly suffer from them know just how difficult they …
- Medical Marijuana Is Legalized Across The Entire Continent Of Australia!
History was made this month for the people Down Under. The Australian parliament passed a bill to amend the current …
- Why Your Feet And Hands Are ALWAYS Cold (And How to Fix It!)
Your body’s circulation system is responsible for sending blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout your body. When blood flow to a …
- Easy Diet and Lifestyle Changes for Preventing Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the leading health concerns in the Western world. Type II diabetes, the “lifestyle” disease that we …
- Here’s Why You Need To Wash Your Hair With Apple Cider Vinegar At Least Once In Your Lifetime!
As more and more people eschew expensive, chemical-filled shampoos and conditioners for more natural hair treatments, a superhero in the …
- These Families Are Using Medical Marijuana To Treat Their Kids And It’s Working!
Some parents are turning to cannabidiol (CBD) oil, a cannabis extract with little or none of the psychoactive compound THC, …
- Every Single Hour You Spend Watching TV Reduces Your Life Expectancy by 21.8 Minutes, Study Says
Your mother probably used to yell from the kitchen, “turn off that idiot box!” What great advice, for more reasons …
- USDA Says: Okay To Ship U.S. Chickens to China for Cheap Processing Then Back Home For You to Eat
A new shipping and processing policy allowing chickens raised and slaughtered in the U.S. to be shipped to China for …
- Use This Homemade Probiotic Deodorant To Rebalance The Good Bacteria On Your Skin
“Probiotic” is talked about so much in health food and health blog circles that it can start to seem like a …
- After No Deodorant For A Year – Something Very Curious Happened To Her Body
Using deodorant and shaving are hallmarks of hygiene, but are they really necessary ? As we’ve mentioned before, long term …
- How to Heal Your Kidneys Naturally Using 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
There’s a lot of items in your kitchen that could easily replace those kept in your medicine cabinet. Although you …
- Top 5 Weight Loss Drinks You Need To Try
Thinking about losing a few extra pounds? The only true way to shed off unwanted weight is with a strict …
- Flu vs. Cold, and Why You Need to Know the Difference
Flu season is well underway, and if you haven’t contracted the flu yet this year, you should consider yourself lucky! …