If you’re feeling tired or sluggish, it may be time to cleanse and detox your body. Things like stress, poor diet, inactivity and environmental pollutants can build-up in your body over time and leave you with low energy and frequent bouts of illness. Toxic build-up can even lead to inflammation and obesity.
Every year or so, it’s important to do a full body detox to clear your digestive tract and lymph nodes and get your body back into optimal shape!
Before The Cleanse…
In the days leading up to your cleanse, stop consuming dairy products. Dairy is slowly digested and contain unwanted antibiotics and hormones.
Recombinant bovine somatotropin, is a popular artificial growth hormone that increases milk production and is illegal in Canada and many European countries but is commonly used in the USA (1).
Cut Back On The Meat
It’s also a good idea to completely restrict or at least reduce your consumption of meat, poultry and fish during the cleanse.
USDA researchers have found that eating 2 ounces of chicken per day—the equivalent of a third to a half of a boneless breast—exposes a consumer to 3 to 5 micrograms of inorganic arsenic, the element’s most toxic form (2).
Daily exposures to lower levels of arsenic have been associated with skin, respiratory and bladder cancers.
Meat, dairy and fish also contain dioxin, a highly toxic and carcinogenic compound which can cause reproductive and developmental problems, damage to the immune system, and can interfere with hormones (3).
Nearly 95 percent of your dioxin exposure comes in the concentrated form of meat, fish, and dairy products, because when you eat animal products, the dioxin that animals have built up in their bodies (through environmental exposure and contamination of their feed) is absorbed into your own (4).
The night before your cleanse, drink a cup of herbal laxatives to flush out your intestines to give your body a fresh start.
Make sure that you have whole food, vegetarian options for your meals to come. You should not be eating any processed foods, sugar, fish, meat of any kind or dairy throughout your cleanse.
1. On an empty stomach, drink 2 glasses of water with the juice of a whole lemon in each.
This will help your body digest breakfast and detox your liver.
2. As you eat breakfast, drink 1 cup and a half of pineapple juice along with your meal.
Pineapple contains bromelain, a natural mixture of two proteases (protein-digesting enzymes) which helps break down proteins to help your body digest and better utilize protein and collagen (5).
Bromelain also helps to fight cancer (6) and decrease inflammation of the colon (7).
3. Between breakfast and lunch, drink between 1 to 1.5 glasses of carrot juice (smoothie).
Carrots contain the cancer-fighting compound falcarinol.
The fiber in raw carrots also help the body get rid of excess estrogen and other hormones.
It also contains high levels of vitamin A (8) , which will work to form and maintain healthy mucus membranes in your digestive tract (9).
4. Next, prepare a potassium-rich drink by blending, celery, parsley, carrots and spinach (10,8,11,12). Take 1.5 cups of this juice with your lunch.
Potassium helps nerves and muscles communicate. It also helps move nutrients into cells and waste products out of cells to help detoxify and nourish your body (13).
The mineral also helps to offset some of sodium’s harmful effects on blood pressure.
This drink also contains high levels of manganese, which helps the body form connective tissue, bones, blood clotting factors, and sex hormones (14).
It also plays a role in fat and carbohydrate metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation.
If you don’t have the time, your can combine 1.5 cup of pure noni juice with a cup of water for an equally potassium-filled beverage (15).
5. About an hour before dinner, drink 1 cup of tummy-soothing tea made of equal parts ginger, rose hips and peppermint.
Rose hips contains high levels of vitamin C to boost your immune system. The flowers are also used to prevent osteoarthritis (16).
Peppermint, on the other hand, is an effective alternative to drugs like Buscopan for reducing colonic spasms (17).
In people with functional gastrointestinal disorders, peppermint may be useful to enhance gastric emptying (18). The herb also helps to relieve pain and stress.
Ginger prevents nausea, helps digestion and promotes blood flow to the digestive tract (19).
6. In the evening, about two hours before going to bed, drink 340ml of pure cranberry juice.
Components found in cranberry may prevent bacteria, such as E. coli, from clinging to the cells along the walls of the urinary tract and causing infection.
There is also preliminary evidence that cranberry may reduce the ability of H. pylori bacteria to live in the stomach and cause ulcers (20).
Repeat this process for three consecutive days to clear toxins throughout your whole body. Make sure to keep a clean diet throughout and take the time to relax and let go of negative emotions and thoughts to cleanse your mind too!
- Doctors Refused to Give This Woman a Smear Test. 15 Months Later, She Died From Cervical Cancer…
Could you imagine being denied a medical test you requested all due to your age? For poor Sorcha Glenn, this …
- Sprinkle 1 TBSP of THIS On The Stem of Your Plants And Watch What Happens!
Tending a garden is one of the most rewarding hobbies to have. Plants can be affected by many variables which cause them …
- 5 Hidden Ways Intravenous Curcumin Combats Cancer Growth
Curcumin is the active phytochemical in turmeric that has been found effective in preventing and treating a variety of maladies, …
- Is Chocolate Really a Naughty Treat?
When considering healthy living, many people consider eating chocolate to be a cardinal crime. However, there have been numerous studies …
- Salt, Pepper and Lemon Can Solve These 9 Problems Better Than Any Medicine
Salt, lemon and pepper may seem more like things you’d put on a salad, but these three ingredients actually work …
- 8 Beers That You Should Stop Drinking Immediately
Everything in moderation. Take beer, for example. A cold brew on a hot day can be refreshing and a nice …
- Do This One Thing Every Morning And Never Wake Up Groggy, Grumpy or Feeling Lazy Again
While there are some morning people in the world, for most, climbing out of bed can be a challenge and …
- It Tightens The Skin Better Than Botox: This 3 Ingredients Face Mask Will Make You Look 10 Years Younger
Your skin is a window to your physical and emotional health. If you’re having a bad day, your skin will …
- This Chart Tells You EXACTLY How Much Sleep You Need To Get According To Your Age
We all know at least one workaholic who sacrifices a few hours of sleep each night to stay productive and get …
- For All Smokers: How to Make a Detox Elixir To Cleanse Your Lungs
Everyone knows that smoking is terrible for your health, yet many people still indulge in this bad habit. If you’re …
- These 18 Brands Of Lipstick Are Full Of Cancer-Causing Heavy Metals
Could your lipstick be full of hidden toxins? Women of all ages use lipsticks and gloss to brighten or finish …
- Could Being Bilingual Delay the Onset of Dementia
Many people are aware of the devastating effects that dementia can have in later life. There are many alternative therapies …
- Mix Bananas, Honey and Water: Cough and Bronchitis Will Disappear
If you have ever had bronchitis, you know how hard it is to treat. Worse of all, when your airway …
- Chris Cornell’s Wife Blames Anxiety Medication For Singer’s Suicide
Anxiety medications are prescribed with the intention of alleviating anxiety. In some cases, however, they can do more harm than …
- Take One Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil In The Morning (And These Unbelievable Things Happen)
Olive oil has been used for many purposes throughout history. Today, it is used in medicine; pharmaceutical; and personal hygiene products. …