There’s nothing like a nice cone of ice cream to make you feel refreshed on a summer evening.
While there are many vegan ice cream options on the market, they often contain questionable ingredients and don’t have the same satisfactory creaminess as regular ice cream.
That’s exactly why it’s worth taking the time to make your own ice cream at home.
Why Give Coconut a Try
Coconut perfectly mimics the creaminess of dairy but it also contains natural sugars that compliment vanilla.
This delicious food is full of healthy monounsaturated fats. Coconut is also filled with medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs), which can help boost metabolism and support weight loss.
Coconut oil’s anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antifungal, and antipyretic effects are also found in the milk, making it the ultimate healthy dessert food (4). It even contains lauric acid, which is converted in the body into an antibacterial and antiviral compound called monolaurin.
Coconut is also paleo, so a great option for many different diets.
Paleo Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
Prep time : 25 minutes
Cook time : 4 hours
- 1 14 oz. can full-fat coconut milk chilled overnight or coconut cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoon tapioca flour and water, mix well
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (per taste)
- Chill the a large mixing bowl and the coconut milk in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whip the milk and other ingredients in the bowl for 5-10 minutes or until firm peaks appear in the cream.
- Pour the mixture into a lined freezer-safe container and cover with plastic wrap and foil.
- Freeze for 4 hours or longer.
- To serve, let the mixture thaw for 10 minutes, scoop, and enjoy.
- Video LITERALLY Shows You What Happens to Your Lungs When You Smoke…And It’s Not Pretty!
In light of the many negative effects of smoking and health issues revolving around cigarettes, various gruesome ad campaigns have …
- Asthma Can Be Reduced By Increasing Vitamin D Levels And Consuming Ginger
Patients with chronic inflammatory diseases, such as asthma are typically vitamin D deficient and can benefit from both increases in …
- 35 Easy Tips to Help Fend off Stress
Stress can be detrimental to your work performance, not to mention the negative effects it has on aging, anger, and …
- How Your Blood Type Affects Your Health From Heart Disease To Fertility
Most people know what their blood type is—or at least you should. Your blood group is determined by genes that …
- This Famous Actor Tried to Teach The Cookie Monster How To ‘Resist.’ Hilarity Ensues.
Let’s face it: we’ve all got a Cookie Monster living inside of us. Whatever our vice, it’s hard to say …
- Add 1 Tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar To Your Next Bath To Quickly Detox Your Body
Everyone enjoys a good bath after a long day’s work. It’s relaxing and helps relieve tension throughout the whole body. Taking …
- 5 Dangerous Dish Soaps That Are Full Of Cancer-Causing Chemicals!
Washing dishes by hand is seen as healthier than using a dishwasher, mainly because traditional dish soap typically contains fewer …
- Study: Drinking Coffee Might Lower Risk of Liver Cancer
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the most common type of liver cancer to you and me, could have its chances of developing …
- Put Baking Soda Under Your Eyes To Quickly Get Rid of Dark Circles
Everybody gets dark circles under their eyes, even children and young adults. Despite this, the beauty industry is always emphasizing …
- Why an MRI costs $1,080 in America and $280 in France
Health care costs in the United States are higher than in any other OECD (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development) country, …
- The Oncologist Told Her She Only Had 6 months Left to Live. Boy, Did She Prove Her Wrong!
An Australian woman in her mid-50s posted a YouTube video explaining how she eliminated her stage IV lung cancer with …
- 4 EFFECTIVE Mood-Boosting Juices That Fight Depression WITHOUT Dangerous Side Effects
Poor nutrition not only results in physical disease, but emotional and mental disorders as well. Even though the importance of …
- 5 Painful Ways Excess Abdominal Fat Is Robbing You of Your Health
“1/3 of U.S. adults are obese.” By now, most of us are well aware of the health risks that are associated with …
- Massage THIS Oil On Your Wrists To SOOTHE Carpal Tunnel Pain In 4 Weeks Or Less
If you’re trying to ignore the sharp, shooting pain in your wrist right now, then you probably know the effects …
- Eat Probiotic-Rich Foods Everyday To Improve Memory And Reduce Anxiety
Your body contains a truly massive amount of bacteria – over ten times the amount of your own cells! So it’s …