There’s nothing like a nice cone of ice cream to make you feel refreshed on a summer evening.
While there are many vegan ice cream options on the market, they often contain questionable ingredients and don’t have the same satisfactory creaminess as regular ice cream.
That’s exactly why it’s worth taking the time to make your own ice cream at home.
Why Give Coconut a Try
Coconut perfectly mimics the creaminess of dairy but it also contains natural sugars that compliment vanilla.
This delicious food is full of healthy monounsaturated fats. Coconut is also filled with medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs), which can help boost metabolism and support weight loss.
Coconut oil’s anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antifungal, and antipyretic effects are also found in the milk, making it the ultimate healthy dessert food (4). It even contains lauric acid, which is converted in the body into an antibacterial and antiviral compound called monolaurin.
Coconut is also paleo, so a great option for many different diets.
Paleo Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
Prep time : 25 minutes
Cook time : 4 hours
- 1 14 oz. can full-fat coconut milk chilled overnight or coconut cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoon tapioca flour and water, mix well
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (per taste)
- Chill the a large mixing bowl and the coconut milk in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whip the milk and other ingredients in the bowl for 5-10 minutes or until firm peaks appear in the cream.
- Pour the mixture into a lined freezer-safe container and cover with plastic wrap and foil.
- Freeze for 4 hours or longer.
- To serve, let the mixture thaw for 10 minutes, scoop, and enjoy.
- 11 Ways Dehydration Could Be Making You Fat And Sick
The average human body is around 70% water. By not drinking enough water we are causing a whole raft of …
- Fatigue, Vitamin Deficiencies, and Diabetes: 7 Health Problems that Your Hands are Warning You About
The eyes may be the windows to the soul but your hands may be the windows to your blood and …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Add 2 Tbsp. Of This Coconut Oil Mixture To Your Morning Coffee To Burn A TON Of Calories
Do you drink coffee every morning? If yes, the following coffee creamer recipe is definitely something you’ll want to try (if …
- The 5-Minute Yoga Routine That Can Help Restore Thyroid Levels
Yoga entails more than black stretchy pants and planks. It’s an Eastern practice that goes back thousands of years, an …
- How To Use Himalayan Salt Lamps For Better Air, Sleep And Mental Clarity
Himalayan crystal salt is the purest salt available on earth. Hence why it is used a lot for salt lamps. …
- Sleepless Children Are Aging Faster At A Cellular Level
The importance of sleep is often overlooked but it really can’t be over-emphasized. While you sleep, much of your body …
- Here’s The Homemade Cannabis Oil Recipe That People Are Using as a Chemo Alternative
People have been increasingly becoming aware of the anti-cancer benefits of cannabis over the last few years. Many studies done …
- How To Grow Aloe Vera At Home (And Health Benefits)
Aloe Vera is a member of the Old World succulent group known as Aloaceae. The plant has numerous healing properties …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 10 High-Protein Vegetables You Need to Start Eating Today
Protein is the building blocks of muscles as well as bone, skin, hair, and nearly every other part of your …
- 7 Minutes. No Equipment. One Science-Backed Core Workout That Works
Working out is difficult for most people to do on a regular basis. The main issue that arises is making …
- The Many Benefits of Coriander Seed Oil and How to Use It
Coriander is a savory spice used extensively in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It is the seed of the cilantro …
- 4 Diet Mistakes You’re Making that Only Create More Belly Fat
Many people (especially men) find that they accumulate abdominal fat that’s very hard to get rid of. This is especially …
- Teen Invents Bra That Can Save Millions After Mom Nearly Dies Of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is one of the main health concerns that women face in this day and age. For many, learning of …