There’s nothing like a nice cone of ice cream to make you feel refreshed on a summer evening.
While there are many vegan ice cream options on the market, they often contain questionable ingredients and don’t have the same satisfactory creaminess as regular ice cream.
That’s exactly why it’s worth taking the time to make your own ice cream at home.
Why Give Coconut a Try
Coconut perfectly mimics the creaminess of dairy but it also contains natural sugars that compliment vanilla.
This delicious food is full of healthy monounsaturated fats. Coconut is also filled with medium-chain fatty acids (MCTs), which can help boost metabolism and support weight loss.
Coconut oil’s anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antifungal, and antipyretic effects are also found in the milk, making it the ultimate healthy dessert food (4). It even contains lauric acid, which is converted in the body into an antibacterial and antiviral compound called monolaurin.
Coconut is also paleo, so a great option for many different diets.
Paleo Vegan Coconut Ice Cream
Prep time : 25 minutes
Cook time : 4 hours
- 1 14 oz. can full-fat coconut milk chilled overnight or coconut cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 teaspoon tapioca flour and water, mix well
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (per taste)
- Chill the a large mixing bowl and the coconut milk in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whip the milk and other ingredients in the bowl for 5-10 minutes or until firm peaks appear in the cream.
- Pour the mixture into a lined freezer-safe container and cover with plastic wrap and foil.
- Freeze for 4 hours or longer.
- To serve, let the mixture thaw for 10 minutes, scoop, and enjoy.
- Why You Must Never Throw Away Sprouted Garlic
Most people throw out old garlic once it’s grown a bright green shoot. While garlic can grow harmful mold if …
- Man Wears Ridiculous Pink Tutu For Good Cause
You might scratch your head when you see these photos and think “Why is that guy wearing a pink tutu?” …
- Your Bloating Could Be Water Retention. Here Are 5 Tricks To Fix It!
Bloating can be painful, uncomfortable, and embarrassing. It’s no coincidence that people often compare being bloated to feeling like a …
- This Bug’s Bite Can Make You Temporarily Allergic to Red Meat
It’s a bizarre, circuitous story. The best kind. Several years ago, a researcher working on the development of cancer drug …
- Dentists Develop New Treatment That Reverses Tooth Decay Naturally
For many people the thought of the dentist holds a sense of dread, especially when it comes to the drilling …
- This Simple Sitting Test May Help Predict How Long You’ll Live
Claudio Gil Araujo and his associates formulated a very simple sitting test to predict how much longer adults aged 51-80 …
- 11 Brilliant Ways To Reuse Tea Bags Before Throwing Them Out!
There’s nothing like a nice cup of tea to help you relax after a long day of work. When it comes …
- How To Protect Yourself From Air Pollution That’s Causing Inflammation And Making You Fat
Big cities usually tend to have higher air pollution than the countryside. Daily exposure to air pollutants can take a toll on …
- 3 Main Factors That Affect Your Risk of Developing Cancer
One way or another, cancer affects all of our lives – whether we’re affected by the illness ourselves or watching …
- 6 Lifestyle Habits That Help Your Adult Brain Produce New Cells
Our understanding of the way our brain functions on a cellular level is always evolving – take the concept of …
- Keep Bugs Away With a Non-Toxic Mason Jar Repellent
Other than being annoying, mosquitoes can actually be incredibly harmful so a mason jar mosquito repellent can be a life-saver. …
- Study Finds 1 in 3 Cases of Alzheimer’s is Preventable.
First, the statistics: over 5 million people currently have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in the United States alone, almost …
- 5 Painful Ways Excess Abdominal Fat Is Robbing You of Your Health
“1/3 of U.S. adults are obese.” By now, most of us are well aware of the health risks that are associated with …
- 10 Surprising Ways Eating Dark Chocolate is Good for The Body
Many people may not know it, but there are actually numerous health benefits to eating chocolate. The real, unadulterated form of …
- You’ve Been Eating Garlic Wrong Your ENTIRE Life (and Missing Out On INCREDIBLE Benefits)
Garlic definitely has an interesting and versatile flavor profile, and the same could be said about its medicinal properties. In …