As mammals, humans have hair follicles all over their bodies.
While some are more coarse and visible, like eyebrows and scalp hair, most are thin and barely visible, like the shoulders, ears and lower back.
Because modern society views body hair as undesirable many women have gone to great lengths to remove hair from their legs, armpits and face. Some even think that it’s unhygienic, which isn’t true!
While many hair removal techniques are painful or toxic, they also have to be repeated many times a month time and time again to achieve desired results.
The following middle eastern remedy is said to help remove unwanted hair in as little as 2-3 treatments a week for a month. For best results, repeat treatment once a year for permanent results.
- 2 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1 tbsp of quick oats
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Rub the cream onto the area you wish to treat in a circular motion for a minute or two.
- Leave the mixture on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the skin with warm water, making sure to remove all the paste.
- Follow up with a cold towel on the area for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel and follow up with a light coat of coconut oil to hydrate your skin.
For a temporary solution, you can also make your own non-toxic hard sugar wax to remove hair. It’s more painful than the hair removal mask listed above, but less painful than conventional wax used in salons.
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- A small saucepan
- A glass jar with a lid
- A whisk
- Mix ingredient in the saucepan and bring to boil for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat your glass container under warm and hot water to avoid shattering from extreme temperature shifts.
- Once slightly cooled, pour the mixture into the warm glass container
- Let the mixture cool for 20 minutes until tacky.
- Test it on your finger to make sure you don’t burn your skin.
- Apply the wax with a butterknife in the opposite direction of you hair growth to avoid broken or ingrown hairs.
- Flip over a corner of the wax to have something to hold onto and let it cool for a few seconds.
- Rip it off the direction of hair growth and apply pressure with your hand to the area you treated to minimize swelling.
For a soft wax mixture to be used with cloth strips, measure out 1 cup of sugar instead of 2 cups. Repeat the same steps, applying a thin coat to your skin and cover with the cloth. Let it cool and rip it off in the direction of your hair growth.
- 11 Ways Dehydration Could Be Making You Fat And Sick
The average human body is around 70% water. By not drinking enough water we are causing a whole raft of …
- Fatigue, Vitamin Deficiencies, and Diabetes: 7 Health Problems that Your Hands are Warning You About
The eyes may be the windows to the soul but your hands may be the windows to your blood and …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Add 2 Tbsp. Of This Coconut Oil Mixture To Your Morning Coffee To Burn A TON Of Calories
Do you drink coffee every morning? If yes, the following coffee creamer recipe is definitely something you’ll want to try (if …
- The 5-Minute Yoga Routine That Can Help Restore Thyroid Levels
Yoga entails more than black stretchy pants and planks. It’s an Eastern practice that goes back thousands of years, an …
- How To Use Himalayan Salt Lamps For Better Air, Sleep And Mental Clarity
Himalayan crystal salt is the purest salt available on earth. Hence why it is used a lot for salt lamps. …
- Sleepless Children Are Aging Faster At A Cellular Level
The importance of sleep is often overlooked but it really can’t be over-emphasized. While you sleep, much of your body …
- Here’s The Homemade Cannabis Oil Recipe That People Are Using as a Chemo Alternative
People have been increasingly becoming aware of the anti-cancer benefits of cannabis over the last few years. Many studies done …
- How To Grow Aloe Vera At Home (And Health Benefits)
Aloe Vera is a member of the Old World succulent group known as Aloaceae. The plant has numerous healing properties …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 10 High-Protein Vegetables You Need to Start Eating Today
Protein is the building blocks of muscles as well as bone, skin, hair, and nearly every other part of your …
- 7 Minutes. No Equipment. One Science-Backed Core Workout That Works
Working out is difficult for most people to do on a regular basis. The main issue that arises is making …
- The Many Benefits of Coriander Seed Oil and How to Use It
Coriander is a savory spice used extensively in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It is the seed of the cilantro …
- 4 Diet Mistakes You’re Making that Only Create More Belly Fat
Many people (especially men) find that they accumulate abdominal fat that’s very hard to get rid of. This is especially …
- Teen Invents Bra That Can Save Millions After Mom Nearly Dies Of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is one of the main health concerns that women face in this day and age. For many, learning of …