As mammals, humans have hair follicles all over their bodies.
While some are more coarse and visible, like eyebrows and scalp hair, most are thin and barely visible, like the shoulders, ears and lower back.
Because modern society views body hair as undesirable many women have gone to great lengths to remove hair from their legs, armpits and face. Some even think that it’s unhygienic, which isn’t true!
While many hair removal techniques are painful or toxic, they also have to be repeated many times a month time and time again to achieve desired results.
The following middle eastern remedy is said to help remove unwanted hair in as little as 2-3 treatments a week for a month. For best results, repeat treatment once a year for permanent results.
- 2 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1 tbsp of quick oats
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Rub the cream onto the area you wish to treat in a circular motion for a minute or two.
- Leave the mixture on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the skin with warm water, making sure to remove all the paste.
- Follow up with a cold towel on the area for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel and follow up with a light coat of coconut oil to hydrate your skin.
For a temporary solution, you can also make your own non-toxic hard sugar wax to remove hair. It’s more painful than the hair removal mask listed above, but less painful than conventional wax used in salons.
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- A small saucepan
- A glass jar with a lid
- A whisk
- Mix ingredient in the saucepan and bring to boil for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat your glass container under warm and hot water to avoid shattering from extreme temperature shifts.
- Once slightly cooled, pour the mixture into the warm glass container
- Let the mixture cool for 20 minutes until tacky.
- Test it on your finger to make sure you don’t burn your skin.
- Apply the wax with a butterknife in the opposite direction of you hair growth to avoid broken or ingrown hairs.
- Flip over a corner of the wax to have something to hold onto and let it cool for a few seconds.
- Rip it off the direction of hair growth and apply pressure with your hand to the area you treated to minimize swelling.
For a soft wax mixture to be used with cloth strips, measure out 1 cup of sugar instead of 2 cups. Repeat the same steps, applying a thin coat to your skin and cover with the cloth. Let it cool and rip it off in the direction of your hair growth.
- 10 Signs That You Aren’t Taking Care of Yourself
Attaining inner peace is perhaps one of life’s greatest challenges. As social creatures, we depend on others to survive and …
- Losing Just 1 Gram of Fat In The Pancreas Will Have THIS Effect On Your Body
Losing a single gram of fat could be enough to reverse type 2 diabetes – as long as that fat …
- How To Use Coffee Beans To Get Rid Of Dark Under Eye Circles
Nobody likes having dark under eye circles. Many try all kinds of things to conceal them. Unfortunately, doing this doesn’t actually tackle the …
- How To Get Wrinkles Out Of Clothes Without Using An Iron – 10 Simple Tricks!
With our increasingly busy schedules and “always on the go” attitude, we can often find our favorite outfit looking a …
- THIS Is What Happens To Your Face After Washing It With Coconut Oil and Baking Soda
Baking soda and coconut oil face wash, can be very good for washing your face. Exfoliating your skin has become …
- 14 Houseplants That Thrive In Low Light
While most plants crave plenty of natural light, for indoor plant lovers, it’s not always feasible to have these sun-loving …
- How to Make Ginger Water to Treat Migraines, Heartburn, Joint and Muscle Pain
Flavored waters are the new health craze—and for good reason. Not only is water essential for hydration and flushing toxins …
- Go the Extra Healthy Mile With Geranium Oil
The benefits of essential oils are many, from relieving pain and killing germs to promoting relaxation. Used in aromatherapy or …
- Florida Dad Invents a Bed To Minimize The Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
After becoming a father, a Florida man has created a new infant safety bed that may significantly reduce the risk of …
- These Foods Make Cancer Cells Grow In Your Body! Stop Eating Them Right Now!
We’ve come to know, through medical research and ancestral wisdom, that there are foods that contain certain nutrients that prevent …
- Castor Oil Is Great For Thickening And Regrowing Hair, Eyelashes And Eyebrows
One of the most prominent and popular beauty trends as of late has been full eyelashes and eyebrows. Many women rely …
- How To Wash Your Machine To Sanitize It And Remove Smells WITHOUT Any Harsh Chemicals
Let’s be honest, nobody likes cleaning the bathroom, but someone has to do it at least once a week! Since …
- 7 Warning Signs of Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatic cancer is among the worst killers in modern medicine, for numerous different reasons. The incredibly low prognosis for those …
- ‘Broken Promises of Genetically Modified Crops:’ Huge NY Times Investigation Exposes the Truth About GMOs, Monsanto’s Biggest Lies
Let’s face it, Monsanto has gotten away with crimes even the most hardened criminals would never even imagine doing. And …
- Infographic Shows The Differences Between The Diseases We Donate To And The Diseases That Kill Us
People donate money to causes that matter to them personally but there are obviously those that are more “popular” than …