As mammals, humans have hair follicles all over their bodies.
While some are more coarse and visible, like eyebrows and scalp hair, most are thin and barely visible, like the shoulders, ears and lower back.
Because modern society views body hair as undesirable many women have gone to great lengths to remove hair from their legs, armpits and face. Some even think that it’s unhygienic, which isn’t true!
While many hair removal techniques are painful or toxic, they also have to be repeated many times a month time and time again to achieve desired results.
The following middle eastern remedy is said to help remove unwanted hair in as little as 2-3 treatments a week for a month. For best results, repeat treatment once a year for permanent results.
- 2 tbsp raw organic honey
- 1 tbsp of quick oats
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Rub the cream onto the area you wish to treat in a circular motion for a minute or two.
- Leave the mixture on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the skin with warm water, making sure to remove all the paste.
- Follow up with a cold towel on the area for 10-15 minutes.
- Pat your face dry with a clean towel and follow up with a light coat of coconut oil to hydrate your skin.
For a temporary solution, you can also make your own non-toxic hard sugar wax to remove hair. It’s more painful than the hair removal mask listed above, but less painful than conventional wax used in salons.
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- A small saucepan
- A glass jar with a lid
- A whisk
- Mix ingredient in the saucepan and bring to boil for 5-7 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat your glass container under warm and hot water to avoid shattering from extreme temperature shifts.
- Once slightly cooled, pour the mixture into the warm glass container
- Let the mixture cool for 20 minutes until tacky.
- Test it on your finger to make sure you don’t burn your skin.
- Apply the wax with a butterknife in the opposite direction of you hair growth to avoid broken or ingrown hairs.
- Flip over a corner of the wax to have something to hold onto and let it cool for a few seconds.
- Rip it off the direction of hair growth and apply pressure with your hand to the area you treated to minimize swelling.
For a soft wax mixture to be used with cloth strips, measure out 1 cup of sugar instead of 2 cups. Repeat the same steps, applying a thin coat to your skin and cover with the cloth. Let it cool and rip it off in the direction of your hair growth.
- Research: Roundup Diluted by 450-Fold Still Remains Toxic
A truism: when two separate things are combined, they create something new. Not necessarily better or worse than the constituents, …
- 7 Surprising Causes That Can Send Your Blood Sugar Levels on a Rollercoaster Ride of Highs and Lows
For those with diabetes, keeping their blood sugar levels in check can be a hassle. There are many variables that …
- Do You Easily Get Annoyed By The Sound of Chewing? Apparently THIS Is The Reason Why!
Some people need to be in a quiet space to focus properly while others need absolute dead silence. If you …
- Guava Leaves Can 100% Stop Your Hair Loss and Make it Grow Like Crazy!
Guava: a sweet exotic fruit native to Mexico, Central and South America. One guava fruit contains three times the daily …
- 6 Hidden Health Benefits of Sleeping On Your Left Side That You’ve NEVER Heard About
While technological advances have made our lives easier, it’s increasingly obvious that these conveniences are also making us increasingly unhealthy. …
- How To Make Your Own Plastic-Free and Zero-Waste Mascara
Many ladies like to enhance their facial features by applying make-up—cosmetics sales are a global $500 billion a year industry. …
- Put Away The DEET And Grow Catnip To Repel Mosquitoes Naturally
There’s nothing worse than soaking in a day of perfect weather and becoming a buffet for mosquitoes. Unfortunately, bug repellent …
- Never Light These Candles In Your Home No Matter What – Here’s Why
Candles have a way to set the mood. Whether it’s a nice relaxing bath or a romantic dinner, flickering candles …
- These 14 Foods Will Improve Your Kidneys’ Ability To Detox Like Never Before!
Sometimes back pain can be a sign of a much more serious condition. According to the National Kidney Foundation, more …
- 5 Signs You’re Holding Onto Negative Energy (And How To Let It Go)
Negative energy is like a poison that slowly but consistently steals your joy. If you’re surrounded by negative people at …
- Animals’ Antibiotic Consumption Surpasses That Of Humans, Creating More Resistant Bacteria
Due to over-prescribing, many important antibiotics don’t work anymore. Antibiotic resistant bacteria are on the rise and have been for …
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You Don’t Need To Be Afraid of Cholesterol
Cholesterol may have a pretty bad reputation, but that’s mainly because people don’t understand it. Sure, high concentrations of bad …
- 14 Early Warning Signs Of Mold Toxicity Everyone Should Know (Millions Are Exposed Every Day)
When you hear the word mold, you often think of rotten food or dirty showers in bathrooms, but this very …
- Homocysteine: An Objective Biomarker for Health
Measuring your homocysteine levels can be an easy way of measuring your overall health. But what is homocysteine and why …
- 7-week-old Boy Hears Mom’s Voice for the First Time, Can’t Help But Smile.
In 2012, Lachlan Lever of Victoria, Australia was born with moderate to severe hearing loss in both ears. Seven weeks …