Moringa oleifera is a quick-growing tree in South Asia and throughout the tropics. The Ayurvedic system of medicine uses its leaves to prevent and cure more than 300 diseases (1). In fact, it’s been used as medicine (and food) for over 4000 years (2)!
Moringa has been nicknamed “drumstick tree”, “miracle tree” and “horseradish tree”. It’s characterized by small, round leaves that are loaded with nutrients.
It’s also full of fiber, which helps clean up your intestines and maintain digestive health.
Best of all, the leaves contain isothiocyanates, an antibacterial compound that helps your body fight H. pylori – the bacteria responsible for gastritis, ulcers, and gastric cancer (3, 4).
It’s so powerful that even: “the modern scientific community has begun to validate many of these claims with over 1300 studies.”(5).
Gram per gram, moringa contains:
- 2x the protein found in yogurt.
- 4x the vitamin A found in carrots.
- 3x the potassium found in bananas.
- 4x the calcium found in milk.
- 7x the vitamin C found in orange.
Moringa Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
These leaves are loaded with antioxidants such as beta-carotene, vitamin C, chlorogenic acid, and quercetin (6). Cholorogenic acid helps slow down the absorption rate of sugar in cells (7).
According to one study, women who took 7g of the powdered leaf daily for 3 months reduced their blood sugar levels by up to 13.5% (8).
How Moringa Fights Cancer
Moringa leaves contain an anti-tumor and anti-cancer compound called niaziminin (9). Currently, India is the largest grower of Moringa as the plant is native to the region. The tree has long been claimed to contribute to the low pancreatic cancer mortality rate in India, which is among the world’s lowest (10).
A recent study found that moringa “greatly induced apoptosis, inhibited tumor cell growth, and lowered the level of internal reactive oxygen species (ROS) in human lung cancer cells as well as other several types of cancer cells, suggesting that the treatment of cancer cells with MOL [M. oleifera leaves] significantly reduced cancer cell proliferation and invasion.” (11).
Another study, which tested the herb on breast and colorectal cancer cells, found that “Cell survival was significantly low in both cells lines when treated with leaves and bark extracts. Furthermore, a striking reduction (about 70-90%) in colony formation as well as cell motility was observed upon treatment with leaves and bark.” (12)
So there you have it, Moringa has anti-cancer properties capable of fighting and/or preventing pancreatic, gastric, colorectal and breast cancer.
- Avoid Fleas and Ticks Forever With This Natural Remedy!
Every pet owner knows how annoying fleas can be. These minuscule insects can multiply in days and easily infest your …
- 9 Exercises To Burn Abdominal Fat
What are the best exercises to burn belly fat? A common question in the world of fitness. Belly fat is …
- 9 Signs You’re Overstressed (And Don’t Know It)
Countless studies show that stress is at actually at the root of most disease. In fact, 77 percent of us …
- Your Body Is Acidic. Here’s What You NEED To Do (The Real Truth Behind Cancer…)
Ever heard of Dr. Otto H. Warburg? Unless you or your family member has suffered from cancer and tried to …
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- Take THIS Before Bed to Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat While You Sleep
Melt Away Stubborn Belly Fat It’s normal for your weight to fluctuate by a few pounds, even when you exercise …
- 8 Things Your Eyes Are Trying To Tell You About Your Health
It’s commonly claimed that “Your eyes are the window to your soul”. While there is some debate about who originally said …
- Here’s Why Women Need More Sleep Than Men (It Has Something To Do With Their Ability To Multi-Task)
While everyone should strive to get adequate sleep, a recent study from Duke University has shown that sleep deprivation may …
- Baking Soda and Castor Oil Can Treat More than 20 Health Problems
The more we learn about Nature, the more astonishing we find it. Ages-old remedies still work and can be applied …
- How to Use a ¼ Teaspoon of Nutmeg to Fall Asleep and Relieve ALL Your Insomnia Symptoms Overnight
There’s nothing like a poor night of sleep to set you on the wrong foot for the day to come. …
- Top Doctors Are Warning Anyone Over 40 To Stop Taking Ibuprofen Immediately. Here’s Why…
What do you do when a headache settles in? Chances are, you probably do the same thing as when you …
- This Is How Much Walking You REALLY Need To Lose Weight
When it comes to weight loss, many people believe that high-intensity exercises are the only way to shed a few …
- Spray This 3-Ingredient Oil On Your Feet 10 Minutes Before Bed And You’ll Be Dozing Off In No Time!
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Can you recall the last time you had a restful sleep and woke up rejuvenated? …
- 16 Delicious Foods That Burn Belly Fat and Support Weight Loss
Obesity is a way-to-common problem in America and throughout the world. In fact, according to the Nation Health Institute, in …
- How Only 15 Minutes of Walking Can Change Everything
Walking is the most ordinary thing a human can do. Unless we have a physical impairment, we take this activity …