Moringa oleifera is a quick-growing tree in South Asia and throughout the tropics. The Ayurvedic system of medicine uses its leaves to prevent and cure more than 300 diseases (1). In fact, it’s been used as medicine (and food) for over 4000 years (2)!
Moringa has been nicknamed “drumstick tree”, “miracle tree” and “horseradish tree”. It’s characterized by small, round leaves that are loaded with nutrients.
It’s also full of fiber, which helps clean up your intestines and maintain digestive health.
Best of all, the leaves contain isothiocyanates, an antibacterial compound that helps your body fight H. pylori – the bacteria responsible for gastritis, ulcers, and gastric cancer (3, 4).
It’s so powerful that even: “the modern scientific community has begun to validate many of these claims with over 1300 studies.”(5).
Gram per gram, moringa contains:
- 2x the protein found in yogurt.
- 4x the vitamin A found in carrots.
- 3x the potassium found in bananas.
- 4x the calcium found in milk.
- 7x the vitamin C found in orange.
Moringa Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
These leaves are loaded with antioxidants such as beta-carotene, vitamin C, chlorogenic acid, and quercetin (6). Cholorogenic acid helps slow down the absorption rate of sugar in cells (7).
According to one study, women who took 7g of the powdered leaf daily for 3 months reduced their blood sugar levels by up to 13.5% (8).
How Moringa Fights Cancer
Moringa leaves contain an anti-tumor and anti-cancer compound called niaziminin (9). Currently, India is the largest grower of Moringa as the plant is native to the region. The tree has long been claimed to contribute to the low pancreatic cancer mortality rate in India, which is among the world’s lowest (10).
A recent study found that moringa “greatly induced apoptosis, inhibited tumor cell growth, and lowered the level of internal reactive oxygen species (ROS) in human lung cancer cells as well as other several types of cancer cells, suggesting that the treatment of cancer cells with MOL [M. oleifera leaves] significantly reduced cancer cell proliferation and invasion.” (11).
Another study, which tested the herb on breast and colorectal cancer cells, found that “Cell survival was significantly low in both cells lines when treated with leaves and bark extracts. Furthermore, a striking reduction (about 70-90%) in colony formation as well as cell motility was observed upon treatment with leaves and bark.” (12)
So there you have it, Moringa has anti-cancer properties capable of fighting and/or preventing pancreatic, gastric, colorectal and breast cancer.
- 5 Vital Reasons to Shed That Excess Weight
If you have been struggling to muster up the motivation to lose that excess weight that has been lurking for …
- 8 Year Old Girl Cured of Terminal Stage 4 Cancer with Diet
A sad story with a happy ending. And all because of a little colored strip of paper. Eight-year-old Josie Nuñez was …
- FDA Bans Antibacterial Soaps; “No Scientific Evidence” They’re Safe or Effective
Drop the antibacterial soaps – The FDA is recommending it. The Association has announced a ban on 19 ingredients in …
- Heavy Metal Exposure During Pregnancy May Contribute to Autism, NIH Finds
Heavy metal exposure during pregnancy may contribute to autism, according to a study recently completed and published by the National Institute …
- Indian State Will Pay Farmers To Go 100% Organic And GMO-Free
Organic food has taken the world by storm. And while some countries are riding the wave with very little regulation, …
- 10 Insanely Easy DIY Face Scrubs
Nothing feels better for your face than an occasional deep cleansing. Leaves you feeling refreshed, healthy, and nourished. When you can …
- Speed Up Your Metabolism with These 10 Proven Tips
#1 Maintain a Regular Eating Schedule If you are looking to stay healthy and lose weight it is best to …
- How to Make Your Own Air Freshener That Doesn’t Cause Cancer or Disrupt Your Hormones
There is nothing like the smell of fresh, clean spring air after a long, cold winter. Spring makes you want …
- 7 Things You Unknowingly Do That Slow Down Your Metabolism
Want to speed up your metabolism? There are plenty of tips and tricks that can help you do so – …
- 4 Ways To Keep Your Thyroid Gland Healthy
Many people have questions when it comes to the purpose and function of the thyroid. This small gland can have …
- Chamomile Essential Oil Shown to Kill up to 93 Percent of Breast Cancer Cells, Study Finds
They’ve gained considerable notoriety in recent years for their myriad uses in both aromatherapy and integrative medicine. But did you …
- 10 Heart-Healthy Habits You Should Practice Every Day This Summer
Summer can be a dangerous time of year for those over the age of 50 and living with heart disease, …
- This Little-Known Fact Is The Real Reason Why Wheat Is Toxic (And It’s NOT The Gluten…)
Wheat is quickly becoming a vicious allergen. You probably know someone who’s gluten intolerant, seeing as it’s one of the …
- Vitamin B17 May Treat Cancer But Is Illegal In The U.S.!
Ever hear of vitamin B17? Probably not. It’s found in nuts, berries, leafy greens, sprouts, tubers, and in abundance in …
- Doctors Are Urging You To Stop Feeding Your Children Hot Dogs – Here’s Why
Among American favorites is the Hot Dog – a fourth of July staple that’s eaten at least once a week …