Moringa oleifera is a quick-growing tree in South Asia and throughout the tropics. The Ayurvedic system of medicine uses its leaves to prevent and cure more than 300 diseases (1). In fact, it’s been used as medicine (and food) for over 4000 years (2)!
Moringa has been nicknamed “drumstick tree”, “miracle tree” and “horseradish tree”. It’s characterized by small, round leaves that are loaded with nutrients.
It’s also full of fiber, which helps clean up your intestines and maintain digestive health.
Best of all, the leaves contain isothiocyanates, an antibacterial compound that helps your body fight H. pylori – the bacteria responsible for gastritis, ulcers, and gastric cancer (3, 4).
It’s so powerful that even: “the modern scientific community has begun to validate many of these claims with over 1300 studies.”(5).
Gram per gram, moringa contains:
- 2x the protein found in yogurt.
- 4x the vitamin A found in carrots.
- 3x the potassium found in bananas.
- 4x the calcium found in milk.
- 7x the vitamin C found in orange.
Moringa Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
These leaves are loaded with antioxidants such as beta-carotene, vitamin C, chlorogenic acid, and quercetin (6). Cholorogenic acid helps slow down the absorption rate of sugar in cells (7).
According to one study, women who took 7g of the powdered leaf daily for 3 months reduced their blood sugar levels by up to 13.5% (8).
How Moringa Fights Cancer
Moringa leaves contain an anti-tumor and anti-cancer compound called niaziminin (9). Currently, India is the largest grower of Moringa as the plant is native to the region. The tree has long been claimed to contribute to the low pancreatic cancer mortality rate in India, which is among the world’s lowest (10).
A recent study found that moringa “greatly induced apoptosis, inhibited tumor cell growth, and lowered the level of internal reactive oxygen species (ROS) in human lung cancer cells as well as other several types of cancer cells, suggesting that the treatment of cancer cells with MOL [M. oleifera leaves] significantly reduced cancer cell proliferation and invasion.” (11).
Another study, which tested the herb on breast and colorectal cancer cells, found that “Cell survival was significantly low in both cells lines when treated with leaves and bark extracts. Furthermore, a striking reduction (about 70-90%) in colony formation as well as cell motility was observed upon treatment with leaves and bark.” (12)
So there you have it, Moringa has anti-cancer properties capable of fighting and/or preventing pancreatic, gastric, colorectal and breast cancer.
- 4 Proven Ways to Relieve Stress and Live Better
Stress is a part of life that is unavoidable. Anything can stress you out and everyone, of course, is different …
- 4 Diet Mistakes You’re Making that Only Create More Belly Fat
Many people (especially men) find that they accumulate abdominal fat that’s very hard to get rid of. This is especially …
- This Little-Known Fact Is The Real Reason Why Wheat Is Toxic (And It’s NOT The Gluten…)
Wheat is quickly becoming a vicious allergen. You probably know someone who’s gluten intolerant, seeing as it’s one of the …
- 3 Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar In Your Beauty Regimen And The #1 Mistake To Avoid
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular foods when it comes to natural remedies and do-it-yourself beauty products, …
- US Continues to Lead World In Obesity Rates
We talk about an “obesity epidemic” in the United States, but did you know that the US is the most …
- Cleveland Clinic Doctor And Libertarian Presidential Candidate Found Dead In Hotel Room
Dr. Mark Allan Feldman, a prominent doctor and member of the world renown non-profit Cleveland Clinic, has been found dead …
- 10 Surprising Reasons Why You Should Stop Throwing Away Your Banana Peels!
Banana peel aren’t exactly what you want hanging around your home too long, but they actually have multiple practical uses. …
- 11 Best Herbs for Flushing Belly Fat, Removing Toxins and Skyrocketing Metabolism
Losing weight is hard enough on its own, so why not get a little support to boost your metabolism and …
- Apple’s New ‘Wireless’ Headphones Emit Radiation … Right Next To Your Brain
Manufacturers of wireless technology continue to deny the toxicity of radiation emitted by their devices. Most consumers have yet to …
- 3 Main Factors That Affect Your Risk of Developing Cancer
One way or another, cancer affects all of our lives – whether we’re affected by the illness ourselves or watching …
- Coca-Cola Paid $1,000,000 to Make Sure You Don’t Know This
Coca-Cola’s sales have been steadily declining in recent years due to the public’s increased awareness of its most popular drink’s …
- 7 Tips on How to Nap Like a Pro
Countless adults are short on sleep, and naps are a great way to make up for some of those lost …
- 5 Yoga Poses for Stress Relief
By now, you know that stress is not exactly the best thing for your health. Yoga is a great stress-buster …
- 10 Weight Loss Habits That Can Help You Lose Over 20-30 Lbs And Keep It Off
Fad diets can help you to lose weight quickly. You’ll probably be impressed with the results after a week. But …
- 7 Little-Known Drinks That Can Help You Sleep Better Tonight
Struggling to get enough good quality sleep at night? Then perhaps you need to change what you drink before bed. …