Individuals and practitioners alike have been investigating the implementation of the Chinese Meridian System.
It has been the custom of traditional Asian Medicine to use pressure, ice, or needles to manipulate the meridians of the body.
Recently there has been an introduction of tapping the meridians as well.
It is important to first understand the concept of the meridian system within the context of Ancient Chinese Philosophy.
The practitioners of this art believe that the body contains energy which is referred to as Qi. This energy travels along pathways throughout the body and sometimes these energy highways get clogged so to speak. This is believed to cause both physical disease and psychological disorders.
In order to relieve these symptoms and correct these issues individuals must open the pathways to allow Qi to flow freely.
Each meridian in this system has a specific point and each point is connected to certain organs or bodily systems.
The GV 16 or Feng Fu is a specific point at the base of the skull and translates as wind mansion.
This particular meridian point is said to promote overall well-being among many other benefits. (source)
- Reduces Insomnia
- Improves Digestion
- Boost the Immune System
- Pain Management
- Enhances the Respiratory System
- Breathing Disorder Management
- Increases Circulation
- Strengthens the Cardiovascular System
- Improves Neurological Disorders
- Reduces Hypertension
- Improves Psychological Disorders
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety
- Relives Tension Headache and Migraines
It may be necessary to tie a bandana or scarf about the head to hold the ice in the proper position. An ice bandage also works rather well.
The ice should be placed at the very base of the skull and should remain there for about 15 to 20 minutes. (source)
The ice, of course, will be cold and may be slightly uncomfortable for several seconds; however, it should not cause any pain. The exact spot will feel as if it is getting warmer before an entire minute is up.
This should be repeated about twice each day. Once in the morning hours and just before bedtime should be sufficient to begin to feel positive results.
The process may induce a slight feeling of euphoria for the first couple of days. This is because it incites the release of endorphins.
Note: The icing of this meridian point is not recommended for pregnant women, those who have a history of seizures, has had a pacemaker implanted, or for anyone who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia.
- Best Natural Herbs For Insomnia
Sleeplessness, or insomnia, is a condition I’m asked about over and over again. This isn’t really surprising when you think …
- 10 Herbs To Boost The Immune System
These 10 immune supportive plants will ensure that all those nasty colds and flus going around don’t end up in …
- How to Cure Pneumonia Naturally With Vitamin C
Pneumonia is the eighth killer disease in the world. It is caused by both bacteria and viruses. One is likely …
- 6 Different Flavored At-Home Flu Shots
Flu season is around the corner, so what better time to ensure that everyone in your family has a strong …
- 5 Wild Salmon Recipes for Brain Health
Wild salmon is one of nature’s best sources of omega-3 fatty acids, but it’s easy to get bored of the …
- Do You Have a Fatty Liver? 90 Million Americans Do!
The most common disease in America is something you’ve probably never heard of, but it affects 90 million Americans and …
- This Almond and Kale Smoothie Contains All The Nutrients You Need For Stronger Bones
Osteoporosis is a common condition that develops as we age. The elements of bone begin to decay, making them brittle …
- The Smell of Sleep: How to Use Aromatherapy At Bedtime
Although the idea of using aromatherapy might seem a little off base, research has started to support the concept in …
- 5 Things You Can Do Now To Prevent Dementia Later
Many believe that degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia are completely unpreventable. But that just isn’t the case. There …
- 6 Surprising Signs of an Unhealthy Heart
We’ve all read the signs of a heart attack listed on posters in the hospital waiting room. But what if …
- 5 Nutrient Hacks That Can Help You Sleep Better At Night
Not many people realise that what kind of diet you have can mean all the difference between a good night’s …
- 5 Signs That Your Heartburn Might Be a Serious Problem
A little heartburn now and then isn’t a big deal for most people, especially those in their more mature years. …
- 8 Hand Signs Yoga Masters Use To Get Rid Of Migraines, Anxiety, And Depression
Mudras are specific hand positions meant to stimulate your brain in different ways to improve blood flow and balance emotions …
- This Anti-Insomnia Juice is The ONLY Sleeping Aid You’ll Ever Need
Finding it hard to have an 8 hour sleep? Perhaps you are the type that wakes up every forty-five minutes …
- 5 Health Problems That Cause Insomnia
Insomnia is a common sleep problem that negatively affects your ability to either fall or stay asleep. It can be …