Individuals and practitioners alike have been investigating the implementation of the Chinese Meridian System.
It has been the custom of traditional Asian Medicine to use pressure, ice, or needles to manipulate the meridians of the body.
Recently there has been an introduction of tapping the meridians as well.
It is important to first understand the concept of the meridian system within the context of Ancient Chinese Philosophy.
The practitioners of this art believe that the body contains energy which is referred to as Qi. This energy travels along pathways throughout the body and sometimes these energy highways get clogged so to speak. This is believed to cause both physical disease and psychological disorders.
In order to relieve these symptoms and correct these issues individuals must open the pathways to allow Qi to flow freely.
Each meridian in this system has a specific point and each point is connected to certain organs or bodily systems.
The GV 16 or Feng Fu is a specific point at the base of the skull and translates as wind mansion.
This particular meridian point is said to promote overall well-being among many other benefits. (source)
- Reduces Insomnia
- Improves Digestion
- Boost the Immune System
- Pain Management
- Enhances the Respiratory System
- Breathing Disorder Management
- Increases Circulation
- Strengthens the Cardiovascular System
- Improves Neurological Disorders
- Reduces Hypertension
- Improves Psychological Disorders
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety
- Relives Tension Headache and Migraines
It may be necessary to tie a bandana or scarf about the head to hold the ice in the proper position. An ice bandage also works rather well.
The ice should be placed at the very base of the skull and should remain there for about 15 to 20 minutes. (source)
The ice, of course, will be cold and may be slightly uncomfortable for several seconds; however, it should not cause any pain. The exact spot will feel as if it is getting warmer before an entire minute is up.
This should be repeated about twice each day. Once in the morning hours and just before bedtime should be sufficient to begin to feel positive results.
The process may induce a slight feeling of euphoria for the first couple of days. This is because it incites the release of endorphins.
Note: The icing of this meridian point is not recommended for pregnant women, those who have a history of seizures, has had a pacemaker implanted, or for anyone who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia.
- Vitamin D3 Shown To Significantly Improve Autism
Autism is a condition that we have all heard of, but very few people actually understand what it entails. This …
- How to Naturally Reduce Bad Cholesterol Levels Through Diet and Exercise
High cholesterol levels are usually associated with an elevated risk of cardiovascular disease. Eating more foods that lower cholesterol is …
- The Ultimate Knee Pain Treatment: 18 Yoga Poses for Stiff Knees
Knees are possibly the most important joints for mobility. They’re also the most prone to atrophy and injury, especially if …
- Pharma Execs Arrested In Conspiracy to Create Opioid Addicts for Profit
Drugs use has always been an issue for some people. But it was always something that happened to someone else. …
- 8 Symptoms of Endometriosis Many Doctors Don’t Recognize
Endometriosis is one of the least understood female conditions. Despite the fact that roughly 1 in 10 women of reproductive …
- The Best Way to Clear Your Skin of Zits and Blemishes
Dr. Mike Evans, a physician and academic, has an excellent approach to treating acne. The secret? It doesn’t sound that …
- This is How Headaches Reveal What is Wrong With Your Health
Headache is the most common form of pain. It’s one of the main reason people miss days at work or …
- ‘The Restaurant Of Order Mistakes’ Employs Waiters With Dementia, And You Never Know What You’ll Get
Part of the pleasure of going out for dinner is trying new and exciting foods you’d never cook at home. …
- Statin Scam Exposed: Cholesterol Drugs Cause Rapid Aging, Brain Damage, And Diabetes
Cholesterol has come under fire in the recent years, so much so that Amercians are being prescribed cholesterol-lowering drugs at …
- 7 Easy Ways to Optimize Your Hormones (and Be Your Best at Any Age)
As its name implies, growth hormones stimulate growth, cell reproduction and regeneration in humans. Growth hormone diminishes as you age, …
- Gut Bacteria Imbalance Found To Be A Cause Of Parkinson’s Disease
It is only in recent years that science has begun to explore the role that bacteria in the digestive system …
- Spearmint and Rosemary Extracts Improve Memory
Rosemary for remembrance – at least that’s what the Victorian language of flowers says. Now a small study has added weight …
- Sugar More Harmful To Your Body Than Just Your Waistline
Everyone knows that too much sugar in your diet can lead to weight gain, but what about the negative neurological …
- 4 Easy Ways to Remove BPA From The Body
Why should someone care about endocrine-disruptors? The effort to walk away from damaging chemicals becomes easier when one sees what …
- 15 Ways To Reduce Endocrine Disruptors In Your Kitchen
When patients come to me for help in taking charge of their health, one of the essential changes I encourage …