Other than being annoying, mosquitoes can actually be incredibly harmful so a mason jar mosquito repellent can be a life-saver.
Whether it’s Zika, West Nile virus or Dengue fever, mosquitoes can carry serious diseases transmitted by their bite (1).
In fact, DEET, the active ingredient in most aerosol bug sprays, is poisonous to inhale and can penetrate the skin and make its way into the bloodstream (2).
On the other hand, mass-produced citronella candles emit toxic substances as they burn, including formaldehyde.
DIY Bug Repellent
If you have a mosquito problem around your home, make these simple and fun repellents. You can also try this making your own bug spray here. The solution below will help you create mason jar mosquito repellent, which is a great DIY solution for repelling mosquitoes.
- 4 Mason Jars
- Essential oil of Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon and Catnip.
- 2 Fresh Lemons
- 2 Fresh Limes
- 8 Sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- Filtered Water
- Floating Beeswax tea lights
- Slice the lemon and lime finely and set aside.
- Place two sprigs of rosemary into each jar and fill 3/4 full with water.
- Add 10 drops of each oil into each jar and stir.
- Divide the lemon and lime among the jars.
- Add more water, leaving an inch of space at the top of the jar.
- Place a floating tea light candle on top.
- Burn the candle to use, making sure to monitor them as they burn.
- Replace the fruits and start from scratch every 2-3 days.
- Don’t Use Products With Titanium Dioxide…You Won’t Believe How Fast It Gets Into Your Blood!
Skin cancer is the most common cancer in the United States(1). The three most common types of skin cancer are …
- This 1:49 Video Teaches You an Effective and Simple Way To Save Yourself From Choking To Death
tag: choking to death Chocking on food can happen to anyone. What’s scary about it isn’t how it happens but WHEN. …
- How To Get Clear, Glowing, Spotless Skin By Using Aloe Vera Gel
The Ancient Egyptians called the aloe vera plant the “plant of immortality,” which should give you some insight into its …
- 25 Indoor Plants That Can Filter Air Pollutants Out of Your Home And Improve Air Quality
We know that we depend on plants for the air we breathe. They breathe in carbon dioxide and breathe out …
- 5 Unhealthy Habits That’s Aging You Faster (You Need to STOP Doing These!)
Aging today has taken on a whole new meaning than it did a hundred years ago. People worry less about …
- Big Pharma Is Synthesizing Cannabis To Make A Patent-able Pill And It’s Killing People
Cannabis is conjuring up a storm in the world of natural medicine. That’s because cannabis contains healthy compounds called endocannabinoids. …
- 9 Simple Things You Can Do Right Now To De-Stress
We all experience and deal with stress in different ways, but there are some universal constants. Stress triggers hormones like …
- Doctors Removed His Heart and Installed This Weird Device In Its Place. The Results are Shocking.
In March of 2011, a gentlemen by the name of Craig Lewis, a 55-year-old suffering from a life threatening heart …
- Try This Quick Homemade Solution to Treat Poison Ivy Symptoms
Anyone who’s ever stepped in a patch of poison ivy knows it’s no fun – the itchy red bumps can …
- 2 Kids Go Around The City Asking Smokers For a Light… What Happens Next Will Surprise You!
A television advertisement made in Thailand, which aimed to get people to quit smoking, has been hailed as one of …
- Say Goodbye To High Blood Pressure And Cholesterol With This Powerful Drink
The American diet is full of bad fats, excess sugar and salt. These things can all contribute to severe heart …
- Beating Brain Tumors With a Scorpion Sting Paint
Brain surgery is perhaps the most delicate of intrusive surgical procedures. The brain, for the most part, all looks alike–unlike …
- How To Wash Your Machine To Sanitize It And Remove Smells WITHOUT Any Harsh Chemicals
Let’s be honest, nobody likes cleaning the bathroom, but someone has to do it at least once a week! Since …
- If You See This “Weed” Growing In Your Yard, Don’t Pick It! Here’s Why…
If you take a step outside your front door, how many plants in your garden are you be able to …
- 10 Warning Signs of Dehydration You Should Know About
Thirst may be annoying at times, but water dehydration should never go ignored. Many people are not aware how bad water dehydration …