Other than being annoying, mosquitoes can actually be incredibly harmful so a mason jar mosquito repellent can be a life-saver.
Whether it’s Zika, West Nile virus or Dengue fever, mosquitoes can carry serious diseases transmitted by their bite (1).
In fact, DEET, the active ingredient in most aerosol bug sprays, is poisonous to inhale and can penetrate the skin and make its way into the bloodstream (2).
On the other hand, mass-produced citronella candles emit toxic substances as they burn, including formaldehyde.
DIY Bug Repellent
If you have a mosquito problem around your home, make these simple and fun repellents. You can also try this making your own bug spray here. The solution below will help you create mason jar mosquito repellent, which is a great DIY solution for repelling mosquitoes.
- 4 Mason Jars
- Essential oil of Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon and Catnip.
- 2 Fresh Lemons
- 2 Fresh Limes
- 8 Sprigs of fresh Rosemary
- Filtered Water
- Floating Beeswax tea lights
- Slice the lemon and lime finely and set aside.
- Place two sprigs of rosemary into each jar and fill 3/4 full with water.
- Add 10 drops of each oil into each jar and stir.
- Divide the lemon and lime among the jars.
- Add more water, leaving an inch of space at the top of the jar.
- Place a floating tea light candle on top.
- Burn the candle to use, making sure to monitor them as they burn.
- Replace the fruits and start from scratch every 2-3 days.
- Get Rid of Headaches And Reduce Swelling With This 2-Ingredient Remedy
There’s a particular kind of headache that’s especially painful and persistent – sinus headaches are among the most common types …
- 3 Ways Stressful Events Are Slowly Killing You
There are enough negative situations that arise on a daily basis to make us angry or fearful. If you aren’t already …
- Mom Warns Parents After Baby Gets 2nd-Degree Burns From Kid-Friendly Sunscreen
As the days get warmer and the daylight hours get longer, many parents instinctively reach for the sunscreen to keep …
- 5 Acupressure Points You Can Do By Yourself To Relieve Stress And Anxiety In Under 3 Minutes
It’s normal to get stressed out every once in a while, but being stressed all the time can become a …
- 10 Warning Signs of Dehydration You Should Know About
Thirst may be annoying at times, but water dehydration should never go ignored. Many people are not aware how bad water dehydration …
- 7 Tips on How to Nap Like a Pro
Countless adults are short on sleep, and naps are a great way to make up for some of those lost …
- 64 Year Old Man Was Sentenced to 30 Days in Jail for Collecting Rainwater on His Own Property.
Many people–especially those living in suburban and rural areas–try to live more sustainable lives, relying less on others to provide …
- Why Your Feet And Hands Are ALWAYS Cold (And How to Fix It!)
Your body’s circulation system is responsible for sending blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout your body. When blood flow to a …
- 5 DIY Natural Recipes to Help You Sleep Like a Baby
It is so annoying when you can’t seem to sleep properly at night. The reason could be multifaceted too – …
- 21 Tips For A Healthy Pregnancy
Being pregnant with your first child is an incredibly magical and transformative experience. In reality, if you don’t know what …
- 18 Green Smoothie Recipes To Trim Your Waist And Keep You Energized
A good diet is only ever as good as the results it yields– and the foods it allows you to …
- Napping Can Dramatically Increase Learning, Memory, Awareness, and More
Siesta. In some countries, an afternoon nap is part of the culture; to escape the afternoon heat, rest, and re-energize. …
- Aspartame Is Linked To Leukemia And Lymphoma In Landmark Study On Humans
It’s time to play Kick the Can—of soda, that is. In a 22-year landmark study published in The American Journal …
- How to ACCELERATE Liver Detox with Avocado, Turmeric, Garlic, and More
Your liver works exceedingly hard, processing everything you take into your body, using what’s needed, and sending the rest to …
- 4 Little Known Herbs That Help Protect Your Heart
Worried about your risk of stroke or heart attack? Maybe you have high cholesterol? In addition to medicine prescribed by …