There are many reasons why your body holds on to excess water weight. It doesn’t do this to spite you.
In fact, this condition is the result of an imbalance not only in water but in the important electrolytes and minerals (sodium, phosphorus, magnesium, etc.) that your body needs. (source)
Why Does Salt Cause Water Retention?
One the main culprits behind water retention is the high intake of sodium.
Here are some foods that are jam-packed with sodium that you should try to avoid:
- processed foods
- restaurant meals (especially fast food)
- salad dressing
- canned soup
Increase Your Potassium Intake
The best way to get rid of water retention is to eat foods high in potassium.
The American Heart Association notes that 98 percent of all Americans consume double the recommended amount of sodium in each day. Potassium can be useful in counterbalancing the effects sodium has on the body. When you consume more potassium, sodium is excreted through urine. Potassium, therefore, can be useful in reducing water retention caused by excessive sodium intake. (source)
Eat or Drink Watermelon
Watermelon is a delicious fruit that is naturally high in potassium. Drink 2-3 glasses of watermelon per day for a total of 3 days.
During this detox, you’ll find yourself going to the bathroom numerous times a day. And that’s normal.
Not only does watermelon help you get rid of excess water weight, it’s also a great source of lycopene, a powerful antioxidant known for its cardiovascular benefits!
- 5 Lifestyle Changes That Will Help You Lose Weight
To successfully lose weight, you have to make significant lifestyle changes not only in the way you eat and exercise, …
- How To Make A Homemade Eczema Cream
Ceara (the creator of this recipe) used this cream to help heal her entire families eczema – but this can …
- How To Remove Dangerous Mold And Unpleasant Odors From Your Washing Machine With 2 Ingredients
Many people think of their washing machine as a self-cleaning appliance. Unfortunately, that’s not the case. You may notice after …
- What This Neuroscientist Has To Say About Sleep Will Shock You (Never Skipping On Sleep Again!)
From early scientists to today’s advanced modern technology, our understanding of the significance of sleep has changed drastically over the …
- Losing Just 1 Gram of Fat In The Pancreas Will Have THIS Effect On Your Body
Losing a single gram of fat could be enough to reverse type 2 diabetes – as long as that fat …
- Germany to Legalize Medical Marijuana Next Year
Germany recently passed legislation authorizing the use of cannabis for medical use, following suit of nineteen other countries that have decriminalized …
- 7 Warning Signs of Pancreatic Cancer
Pancreatic cancer is among the worst killers in modern medicine, for numerous different reasons. The incredibly low prognosis for those …
- This Simple Snack Combines 3 Proven Foods To Fight Depression Without Any Side Effects
According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), major depression is currently one of the most common mental disorders in …
- The Common Habits You Need To Stop Immediately To Cut Your Dementia Risk In Half
For many, it’s their worst nightmare: coming to the twilight years and being unable to function independently, unable to perform …
- Guaranteed! Whiten Your Yellow Teeth In Less Than 2 Minutes!
Every picture in every magazine seems to show people with beautifully aligned, white teeth. While Photoshop likely has a hand …
- 5 Easy Ways to Prevent Kidney Disease
Kidney disease is the result of many factors including poor diet, alcohol overconsumption, and self-medication. You need to be careful of …
- The True History Of Chemotherapy & The Pharmaceutical Monopoly
Cancer isn’t just the disease of a generation, it’s been the disease of a century. While cancer charities have been …
- The Oncologist Told Her She Only Had 6 months Left to Live. Boy, Did She Prove Her Wrong!
An Australian woman in her mid-50s posted a YouTube video explaining how she eliminated her stage IV lung cancer with …
- This 1 Ingredient Is All You Need To Take Your Dirty Sink From This To THIS
When was the last time you gave your kitchen sink a good cleaning? If you hate seeing hard water stains, then it …
- High Intensity Exercise Helps Curb Appetite, Study Says
In a new study published in June this year, researchers at the University of Western Australia discovered that high intensity …