- Enhance brain health and mental clarity
- Boost digestive function and improve Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Improve blood sugar control
- Help prevent and treat degenerative brain diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis)
- Prevent cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke)
- Help against cancer
- Improve HDL (high-density lipoprotein, “good”) cholesterol
- Boost energy levels
- Increase immune function
- Lose excess body fat
- Improve thyroid function
- Improve skin tone and appearance
- Protect and restore joint function
- Balance intestinal flora
- Prevent and treat Crohn’s disease
- Protect against bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections
“The coconut palm is truly one of nature’s natural wonders. It is reported to have 1,000 uses. Every part of the coconut palm is used for some purpose. From this tree you can derive everything necessary to sustain life. It is a source of food and drink to nourish the body, medicine to maintain and restore health, and materials to build shelter, clothing, and tools to provide the necessities of life.” – Bruce Fife, ND: Coconut Cures: Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut
Cut Back on Meat and Carb-Loaded Foods
Before embarking on any body cleanse, check with your healthcare provider if you have any physical conditions.
If this is your first time doing a coconut oil detox, make sure to cut back on the amount of carbs and meat you eat throughout the cleanse.
Take coconut oil daily in small amounts for two weeks, building up to the amount called for in the cleanse. Begin with ½ to 1 teaspoon 3 times a day, gradually increasing to 1-2 tablespoons 3 times a day. When you’ve reached that amount comfortably, start the cleanse.
Also, keep in mind that during this cleanse you’ll be getting nearly half of your daily calories from coconut oil.
How To Detox With Coconut Oil
Mix 2 tablespoons raw virgin cold-pressed organic coconut oil with warm water and drink every 2 hours for 3 to 7 days. Or you can eat the coconut oil directly off the spoon. The object is to consume 10-14 tablespoons of coconut oil each day.
You can mix the oil with veggie loaded smoothies rather than with water or eat 4 ounces of fresh coconut meat per day. The flesh of the fruit provides a high dose of fiber and is probiotic.
During the detox, some people experience flu-like symptoms as the result of toxin withdrawal—the “die off” can last up to 5 days and be accompanied by headache, joint stiffness, and dizziness. Ensure you stay adequately hydrated during the cleanse; try the drink below:
- 1 cup pure organic lemon juice
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Lemon juice is cleansing and sea salt will replenish lost minerals.