More than 50% of adults have had neck pain during the past year. Office worker are even more likely to have a muscle sprain in their neck and shoulders (1).
Injury, poor sleeping position and heavy lifting can also cause neck pain.
It can take a few days to recover from neck pain, however, if your pain stems for poor posture or sleeping position, you’ll have to make some adjustments to prevent future injury.
How To Make Pain Relief Cream
This cream will help control pain as your body heals. Plus, it’s all natural, unlike virtually every option in pharmacies nationwide.
- 5 drops of Marjoram Oil
- 5 drops of Black Pepper Oil
- 5 drops of Lavender Oil
- 5 drops of Peppermint Oil
- ¼ cup of Coconut oil
- 1oz beeswax
- Ιn a double boiler over low heat, melt the coconut oil. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a large glass or metal bowl set over a pot of boiling water.
- Next, add the beeswax and heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the essential oils
- Pour the mixture into a large glass jar with a lid.
- Keep stirring as the mixture solidifies.
- Store in a cool, dark place and use as needed.
Does It Work?
A 2014 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine examined 60 participants with a history of neck pain.
When given a pain relief cream made marjoram, black pepper, lavender, and peppermint, participants reported a decrease in neck pain reported by both a pressure pain threshold (PPT) and Motion Analysis System (MAS) (2).
Marjoram Oil is traditionally used as a nerve tonic to treat muscle spasms, headaches, sprains, bruises and back pain. It’s also said to improve circulation (3,4).
Black Pepper Oil is used to treat menstrual cramps, abdominal pain and relieve inflammation (3). Yoga teachers and fitness trainers often recommend Black Pepper to soothe overworked muscles (5).
Lavender Oil acts as a sedative, meaning that it lessens stress to ease muscle tension. It’s also antispasmodic and helps speed the recovery of muscle sprains (6).
Peppermint Oil helps to prevent headaches caused by neck pain and relieve inflammation. It can also ease nausea associated with intense muscle pain (7).
If you’re suffering from intense pain, consider visiting a massage therapist, physical therapist or chiropractor to work through your sore or injured muscles.