More than 50% of adults have had neck pain during the past year. Office worker are even more likely to have a muscle sprain in their neck and shoulders (1).
Injury, poor sleeping position and heavy lifting can also cause neck pain.
It can take a few days to recover from neck pain, however, if your pain stems for poor posture or sleeping position, you’ll have to make some adjustments to prevent future injury.
How To Make Pain Relief Cream
This cream will help control pain as your body heals. Plus, it’s all natural, unlike virtually every option in pharmacies nationwide.
- 5 drops of Marjoram Oil
- 5 drops of Black Pepper Oil
- 5 drops of Lavender Oil
- 5 drops of Peppermint Oil
- ¼ cup of Coconut oil
- 1oz beeswax
- Ιn a double boiler over low heat, melt the coconut oil. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a large glass or metal bowl set over a pot of boiling water.
- Next, add the beeswax and heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the essential oils
- Pour the mixture into a large glass jar with a lid.
- Keep stirring as the mixture solidifies.
- Store in a cool, dark place and use as needed.
Does It Work?
A 2014 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine examined 60 participants with a history of neck pain.
When given a pain relief cream made marjoram, black pepper, lavender, and peppermint, participants reported a decrease in neck pain reported by both a pressure pain threshold (PPT) and Motion Analysis System (MAS) (2).
Marjoram Oil is traditionally used as a nerve tonic to treat muscle spasms, headaches, sprains, bruises and back pain. It’s also said to improve circulation (3,4).
Black Pepper Oil is used to treat menstrual cramps, abdominal pain and relieve inflammation (3). Yoga teachers and fitness trainers often recommend Black Pepper to soothe overworked muscles (5).
Lavender Oil acts as a sedative, meaning that it lessens stress to ease muscle tension. It’s also antispasmodic and helps speed the recovery of muscle sprains (6).
Peppermint Oil helps to prevent headaches caused by neck pain and relieve inflammation. It can also ease nausea associated with intense muscle pain (7).
If you’re suffering from intense pain, consider visiting a massage therapist, physical therapist or chiropractor to work through your sore or injured muscles.
- 30 Science-Backed Foods That Will Physically Block Joint Pain And Inflammation
When we hear about arthritis, we often think of it as an age-related disease; so what does anti-inflammatory foods have to do …
- 11 Worst Arthritis Pain Mistakes Everyone Should Avoid
Arthritis pain is one of the most common conditions experienced by mankind, and to date is one of the least …
- Eating Sesame Seeds Is Superior To Tylenol For Knee Arthritis
A remarkable new study published in the International Journal of Rheumatic Diseases confirms that food is not only medicine, but …
- 19 Ways To Ease Pain From Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS) occurs when the nerves that run through a small space in the wrist become compressed. It’s …
- High-Fiber Diet Protects Against Knee Osteoarthritis! Here’s How Much You Should Eat Per Day…
Research published in a new edition of the Annals of Rheumatic Disease showed that individuals who ate high fiber diets …
- QUIZ: How Well Are You Managing Your Arthritis Pain?
Are you one of the hundreds of millions of adults that suffer from arthritis? How much do you know about …
- The Ultimate Ginger-Turmeric-Carrot Juice To Replace Your Pain And Inflammation Meds
Anyone suffering from arthritis understands how much the condition can make everyday life difficult. When it’s experienced in the knees …
- Make This Pomegranate Gelatin Treat To Get Rid Of Joint, Back And Knee Pain
Joints are the connective tissue between bones. Joint pain reduces mobility, which can begin as something mildly irritating only to …
- 22 Home Remedies To Get Instant Relief From Knee Pain & 16 More Tips To Ease The Pain
Your knees are the most annoying and unpleasant areas to be affected by joint pain. Because you use your knees …
- Gelatin An Unexpected And Effective Remedy For Joint Pain
Many people suffer from joint pain, whether from osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, injury, uric acid crystals, years of normal wear …
- Say Goodbye to Gout Forever With This Powerful Natural Treatment!
Gout is a painful condition that can occur when your body is producing an excess amount of uric acid but luckily natural …
- 5 Worst Foods For Arthritis & Joint Pain
Managing arthritis can be a full-time job. There are certain activities and medication to be avoided to keep pain levels …
- Study Shows Superior Results For Curcumin Treatment in Patients With Active Rheumatoid Arthritis
Turmeric, the bright orange cousin of ginger, has graduated from a colorful spice in Indian cuisine, to a widely recognized …
- Beat Arthritis and Joint Pain With This Anti-Inflammatory Gummy Snack (Tastes Surprisingly Good!)
Everyone – especially kids – loves gummy snacks like fruit roll-ups and Gushers, but many parents struggle with finding healthy …
- 11 Worst Knee Pain Causes That Can’t Be Ignored
Knee pain is an extremely common ailment, with pain levels ranging from mildly annoying to severe and debilitating. Knee pain …