More than 50% of adults have had neck pain during the past year. Office worker are even more likely to have a muscle sprain in their neck and shoulders (1).
Injury, poor sleeping position and heavy lifting can also cause neck pain.
It can take a few days to recover from neck pain, however, if your pain stems for poor posture or sleeping position, you’ll have to make some adjustments to prevent future injury.
How To Make Pain Relief Cream
This cream will help control pain as your body heals. Plus, it’s all natural, unlike virtually every option in pharmacies nationwide.
- 5 drops of Marjoram Oil
- 5 drops of Black Pepper Oil
- 5 drops of Lavender Oil
- 5 drops of Peppermint Oil
- ¼ cup of Coconut oil
- 1oz beeswax
- Ιn a double boiler over low heat, melt the coconut oil. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a large glass or metal bowl set over a pot of boiling water.
- Next, add the beeswax and heat until melted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in the essential oils
- Pour the mixture into a large glass jar with a lid.
- Keep stirring as the mixture solidifies.
- Store in a cool, dark place and use as needed.
Does It Work?
A 2014 study published in the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine examined 60 participants with a history of neck pain.
When given a pain relief cream made marjoram, black pepper, lavender, and peppermint, participants reported a decrease in neck pain reported by both a pressure pain threshold (PPT) and Motion Analysis System (MAS) (2).
Marjoram Oil is traditionally used as a nerve tonic to treat muscle spasms, headaches, sprains, bruises and back pain. It’s also said to improve circulation (3,4).
Black Pepper Oil is used to treat menstrual cramps, abdominal pain and relieve inflammation (3). Yoga teachers and fitness trainers often recommend Black Pepper to soothe overworked muscles (5).
Lavender Oil acts as a sedative, meaning that it lessens stress to ease muscle tension. It’s also antispasmodic and helps speed the recovery of muscle sprains (6).
Peppermint Oil helps to prevent headaches caused by neck pain and relieve inflammation. It can also ease nausea associated with intense muscle pain (7).
If you’re suffering from intense pain, consider visiting a massage therapist, physical therapist or chiropractor to work through your sore or injured muscles.
- Put Baking Soda Under Your Eyes To Quickly Get Rid of Dark Circles
Everybody gets dark circles under their eyes, even children and young adults. Despite this, the beauty industry is always emphasizing …
- 6 Ways Your Hands Can Help Predict Future Health Conditions
Hands can tell a lot about a person, how they’ve lived and how healthy they are. Recent studies show that …
- 5 Tiny Tweaks That Will Shift Your Body From ‘Fat-Storing’ to ‘Fat-Burning’ Mode
Weight loss isn’t just a question of eating fewer calories and getting more exercise. It’s also about doing what you …
- Simple Hack To RIPEN Any Rock-Hard AVOCADO In Just 10 Minutes
There’s a reason why avocados taste so good : it’s all in their healthy fats and incredible nutritional profile (1). …
- Simple Herbal Hair Growth Oil For Healthy, Thick And Long Hair
The average speed of hair growth in women is between 4-6 inches a year (1). Factors like stress, nutritional deficiency, …
- 9 Pesticide-filled Teas You Should Never Buy (and the Kind You Should!)
Tea is one of the most popular drinks enjoyed around the world. Americans drink up to 80 billion cups of …
- 9 Signs of Hormone Imbalance Women Shouldn’t Ignore
Although you may think of hormones mainly in the context of puberty and sexual activity, there are many different kinds …
- Detoxify Your Body Immediately If You Notice Any Of These 9 Warning Signs
Why is it important to detoxify your body? Even if you eat healthy most of the time, you can’t avoid …
- How Poor Digestion Is Hurting Your Thyroid And What You Can Do To Fix It
Your thyroid gland plays a big role in your digestion and your metabolism. But did you know that it goes …
- 5 Outstanding Ways To Use Raw Honey And Coconut Oil Together
Raw Honey and coconut oil are some of the most versatile foods available. Not just because of their nutritional values …
- What Happens to FAT, Inflammation and Immunity When You Eat 1 Tbsp of Elderberry Syrup Daily
Have your parents ever warned you not to eat the poisonous red berries of the elderberry bush? Surprisingly, when these …
- Watch How a Simple Walking Technique Can Improve Your Balance And Reduce Falls
Most of our public spaces and even our homes are well-lit and relatively easy to maneuver around. But there are …
- 5 Lifestyle Changes That Will Help You Lose Weight
To successfully lose weight, you have to make significant lifestyle changes not only in the way you eat and exercise, …
- 6 Natural Mosquito Repellents That Work
Few things can be as frustrating as listening to mosquitos when trying to drift off to sleep or being bitten …
- 5 Natural Homemade Mouthwash Recipes
Looking for a natural mouthwash that you can make at home? We suggest these 5 homemade mouthwash for an incredible …