Take your morning warm lemon water ritual to a new level with the anti-inflammatory and detoxing powers of ginger and turmeric.
This medicinal tea is filled with antioxidants that help detoxify your liver and blood.
Drinking this healing beverage is also a great way to kick start your digestive system.
This recipe works wonders to treat a variety of ailments:
- sore throat
- seasonal allergies
- chronic pain
- irritable bowel syndrome
- and other digestive complaints.
If available to you, make sure to use fresh turmeric root.
Lemon-Ginger-Turmeric Tea Recipe
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh turmeric root or ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root or ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 2-3 twists of black pepper (increases turmeric’s bioavailability)
- Juice of ½ organic lemon (juiced with peel)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
- 1 ½ cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (improves absorption)
Combine turmeric, ginger and water in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, make sure it doesn’t boil. Strain the liquid and pour into a mug. Add lemon juice, coconut oil and honey and give it a good stir.
Your tea is now ready to drink. Enjoy!
- Drink This Turmeric Juice For Its Anti-Inflammatory Properties (Just Blend All The Ingredients!)
Turmeric is a popular spice, particularly in India, where it is added to many dishes not only for it’s distinctive …
- 5 Heart-Healthy Avocado Recipes That Will Supercharge Your Body
Avocados are a surprising food in that, although they are high in fat, they are actually helpful when trying to …
- How To Make Any Greens Taste Good In Under 10 minutes And 4 Other Recipes Worth Trying
Dark, leafy greens are amongst one the most nutrient-packed vegetables on Earth. Most people have a hard time getting enough …
- How To Make Your Own Super-Healthy Detox Tea
The ingredients in this detox tea have been reported to possess a whole list of powerful health benefits, including antioxidant, …
- How to Make Chai Tea. (Reduce Inflammation, Strengthen Immunity, and Improve Digestion)
Suffering from indigestion or coming down with a cold? No problem! This unique chai tea recipe will help strengthen your …
- Cannabis Coconut Oil – Easy Recipe Combats Pain, Nausea, Seizures, and More
As scientific research takes baby steps into the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we find the door opening to an infinite …
- Anti-Inflammatory Coconut and Sweet Potato Muffins with Ginger, Cinnamon and Maple Syrup
Baked goods sure (such as sweet potato muffins) are sweet, but have you ever taken a look at all the …
- They Said Drinking Turmeric Tea Is Good For You…Here’s What They Didn’t Tell You
Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric has been used in Ayurveda for thousands of years and western medicine is finally catching on. …
- Raw Chocolate Smoothie Recipe with Avocado, Almond Milk, Banana and Raw Honey
Oh, my. This looks so incredibly delicious that we may have to put it at the top of the “gotta …
- 3-Ingredient Recipe Makes For a Powerful Drink That Promises To Detoxify And Energize The Body!
This easy-to-make beverage is perfect for having over breakfast, and contains ingredients that will aid in digestion, boost your immune …
- Dairy-free, Inflammation-BUSTING Chocolate Mousse Recipe With Avocado, Coconut Milk and Cacao
It can be hard to find desserts that satisfy your cravings without sacrificing your health. Most desserts contain high levels …
- Raw Protein Balls Made With Cacao, Hemp, Chia and Flax Seeds (Takes Less Than 10 Minutes to Make!)
These protein balls not only taste great, but are high in protein, essential fats, and antioxidants – the perfect snack …
- This 3-Ingredient Homemade Syrup Helps Relieve Sore Throat and Cough
A sore throat is one of the easiest ways to detect the common cold. The virus causes inflammation in your …
- 5 Tasty Cherry Recipes That Will Give Your Body a Much Needed Boost In Melatonin
No one can resist the sweet tartness of a cherry. It turns out there is much more the cherry can …
- 3-ingredient Gluten-Free Bread To Effortlessly Keep You In Fat-Burning Mode All Day Long
One of the hardest things for celiacs and gluten-intolerant people to give up is bread. In fact, gluten is a …