Take your morning warm lemon water ritual to a new level with the anti-inflammatory and detoxing powers of ginger and turmeric.
This medicinal tea is filled with antioxidants that help detoxify your liver and blood.
Drinking this healing beverage is also a great way to kick start your digestive system.
This recipe works wonders to treat a variety of ailments:
- sore throat
- seasonal allergies
- chronic pain
- irritable bowel syndrome
- and other digestive complaints.
If available to you, make sure to use fresh turmeric root.
Lemon-Ginger-Turmeric Tea Recipe
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh turmeric root or ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root or ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- 2-3 twists of black pepper (increases turmeric’s bioavailability)
- Juice of ½ organic lemon (juiced with peel)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (optional)
- 1 ½ cup filtered water
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (improves absorption)
Combine turmeric, ginger and water in a saucepan on medium-high heat. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, make sure it doesn’t boil. Strain the liquid and pour into a mug. Add lemon juice, coconut oil and honey and give it a good stir.
Your tea is now ready to drink. Enjoy!
- Infuse Your Honey With Ginger In 20 Minutes For A Quick Immune System Boost
With winter just around the corner, most people are dreading the advent of cold season. Aside from staying warm and …
- 5 Pleasing Sweet Potato Recipes. #3 Makes for a Healthy Breafkast.
Organic sweet potatoes are relatively cheap considering the amount of goodness they contain. They contain high levels of vitamin B6, …
- 3 Drinks To Detox Your Liver And Flush Out Fat
Food additives, over-the-counter pills, stress and environmental toxins are all things that can harm your liver. This is the reason why …
- 14 Ways To Make Turmeric Drinks To Reduce Pain And Inflammation
Turmeric is by far one of the most popular and celebrated health foods of the decade. It’s been around for …
- Simple Homemade Syrup Cures Cough And Removes Phlegm From The Lungs
You’ve probably heard a lot about how carrots are good for your eyes, but you’ve probably never heard that they …
- Refreshing Homemade Ginger Ale to Help You Deal With Migraines And Inflammation
Ginger is a versatile, cheap, and easy-to-find spice that can be used in all sorts of recipes, but most importantly …
- Eat More Kale With These 6 Recipes
Spring is the best time of year for leafy greens like kale. Ranked as one of the healthiest vegetables that …
- This 2-Minute Detox Drink Helps You Burn Fat And Fight Diabetes
Illnesses. Sometimes they’re easy to cure, other times not so much. That being said, having to deal with several health problems …
- Raw Protein Balls Made With Cacao, Hemp, Chia and Flax Seeds (Takes Less Than 10 Minutes to Make!)
These protein balls not only taste great, but are high in protein, essential fats, and antioxidants – the perfect snack …
- Cannabis Coconut Oil – Easy Recipe Combats Pain, Nausea, Seizures, and More
As scientific research takes baby steps into the medicinal qualities of cannabis, we find the door opening to an infinite …
- Drink This Fat-Burning Ginger And Coconut Oil Smoothie to ACCELERATE Weight Loss
Whether it’s getting warmer or colder, it seems like each change in season wakes up a ravenous hunger. This can …
- 5 Tasty Cherry Recipes That Will Give Your Body a Much Needed Boost In Melatonin
No one can resist the sweet tartness of a cherry. It turns out there is much more the cherry can …
- A Green Smoothie That Doesn’t Taste Like Grass!
If you’re looking for a super-clean, super-tasty start to the day when you wake up in the morning, be sure …
- This Smoothie Is So Good You Won’t Believe It Has One of the Most Powerful Antioxidants In The World
Smoothies are the perfect meal supplement for people looking to lose weight while still getting essential nutrients in their diet. …
- The Turmeric-Cauliflower Flatbread Recipe That Fights Inflammation And Cancer With Every Bite
Cauliflower isn’t the most exciting vegetable for most people, but it really does deserve a place on your grocery list. …