- 4 liters/1 gal of clean water
- 8 organic lemons
- 8 cloves of organic garlic
- 4-5 cm /1.9 inches of organic ginger
- Scrub lemons properly to clean the rind, but do not peel.
- Slice lemon and peel the ginger and garlic.
- Crush the garlic and let it sit for 15 minutes. This will activate the allicin.
- Place everything but the water in a blender and pulse until smooth.
- In a medium saucepan, add water and the paste and warm over medium heat.
- Just as it begins to boil, remove the mixture from heat.
- Let it cool and strain the liquid.
- Pour the drink in glass jars or bottles with lids and store in the refrigerator.
How to Use:
Drink daily on an empty stomach two hours before meals. Combine with exercise 3 times a week.
How It Works
Ginger: Dried ginger powder administered at 0.1 g/kg of body weight limits the risk of atheroma (degeneration of the walls of the arteries caused by accumulated fatty deposits and scar tissue) by up to 50% in just 75 days (3).
It also prevent heart disease by inhibiting the accumulation of platelets in the arteries and inhibiting cholesterol biosynthesis.
Additionally, it doesn’t have the negative side effects of other medication such as aspirin.
Garlic: Garlic is traditionally used to help prevent heart disease, including atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries, which are risk factors for heart disease and stroke.
It also treats high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and boosts the immune system (4).
One study that lasted 4 years found that people who took 900 mg daily of standardized garlic powder slowed the development of atherosclerosis.
It also contains antioxidants which fight free radicals to prevent heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer disease.
Lemons: Daily lemon intake and walking showed significant effects on lowering blood pressure while also increasing red blood cell count (5). Lemon also helps detox the liver to help it clear excess cholesterol.