Castor oil is an affordable and significantly underrated ingredient for natural remedies. Not only does castor oil offer many benefits for your body, it also can help clear blemishes, relieve back pain and heal temporary sprains.
With strong roots in holistic medicine, it comes highly recommended to fight many diseases (1).
Here’s a quick list of the many health benefits and uses of Castor Oil:
- Use Castor oil to treat wounds and bruises (2).
- By massaging your stomach with castor oil in the last 2 months of pregnancy prevents stretch marks (3).
- Wrists wrapped in castor oil overnight will rapidly heal injury (4).
- A few drops of castor oil in the ears can quickly treat hearing loss (5).
- Used regularly for four weeks, castor oil can safely and effectively remove warts (6).
- Massage feet daily with castor oil to remove calcium deposits (7).
- When combined with baking soda, castor oil has been proven effective in treating skin cancer (8).
- Relieve snoring after two-week application.
- Use Castor oil to relieve pain and itching from insect bites and bee stings (9).
- Alleviate chronic diarrhea by applying castor oil to cover the stomach (10).
- Speed up the healing of hepatitis (11).
- Eliminate nail fungus with daily use of the oil on effected areas.
- Can aid recovery from alcoholism (12).
- Applied to the lower back once a week, castor oil can help relieve pain (13).
- Help relieve the symptoms of ocular allergies by rubbing a bit of castor oil on the eyelids before sleeping (14).
- Get rid of pilonidal cysts by applying castor oil (15).
- Use daily for three months on the vocal cords to relieve chronic hoarseness (16).
- Just one drop of castor oil in your eye every night before sleeping can fight cataracts (17).
- It can be beneficial for the treatment of melanoma, when applied on a regular basis (18).
- Has been found to improve health in terminal phase of cancer (19).
- Massaging your head with castor oil for 20 minutes prior to shampooing will boost hair growth.
- Just 6-8 drops a day for one month can help get rid of tinnitus (20).
- Treat hyperactivity by applying castor oil to the stomach (21).
- Five drops of castor oil each morning can help treat allergies (22).
- Combine castor oil with baking soda to help lighten dark spots (23).
How To Make Castor Oil Wipes
Castor oil compresses are easy to make and highly effective. Simply gather some cold pressed oil, plastic sheet, a clean gauze or cotton flannel, hot water bottle and a towel.
Remember to clean your skin with baking soda before and after using the compress. Soak gauze in castor oil and apply to affected area, cover with plastic sheet and place hot water bottle over it. Wrap a towel over it and hold in place for at least an hour.
- 11 Ways Dehydration Could Be Making You Fat And Sick
The average human body is around 70% water. By not drinking enough water we are causing a whole raft of …
- Fatigue, Vitamin Deficiencies, and Diabetes: 7 Health Problems that Your Hands are Warning You About
The eyes may be the windows to the soul but your hands may be the windows to your blood and …
- Black Lemonade Recipe: The Cleansing Drink That Is So Powerful, You Need To Be Careful When Drinking It
With all the toxins in our environment, it’s a good idea to cleanse your innards every now and then. Sipping …
- Add 2 Tbsp. Of This Coconut Oil Mixture To Your Morning Coffee To Burn A TON Of Calories
Do you drink coffee every morning? If yes, the following coffee creamer recipe is definitely something you’ll want to try (if …
- The 5-Minute Yoga Routine That Can Help Restore Thyroid Levels
Yoga entails more than black stretchy pants and planks. It’s an Eastern practice that goes back thousands of years, an …
- How To Use Himalayan Salt Lamps For Better Air, Sleep And Mental Clarity
Himalayan crystal salt is the purest salt available on earth. Hence why it is used a lot for salt lamps. …
- Sleepless Children Are Aging Faster At A Cellular Level
The importance of sleep is often overlooked but it really can’t be over-emphasized. While you sleep, much of your body …
- Here’s The Homemade Cannabis Oil Recipe That People Are Using as a Chemo Alternative
People have been increasingly becoming aware of the anti-cancer benefits of cannabis over the last few years. Many studies done …
- How To Grow Aloe Vera At Home (And Health Benefits)
Aloe Vera is a member of the Old World succulent group known as Aloaceae. The plant has numerous healing properties …
- 72 Uses For Simple Household Products To Save Money & Avoid Toxins
Many cleaning products available on the market contain harmful toxins. Prolonged use of these products can cause skin irritation and …
- 10 High-Protein Vegetables You Need to Start Eating Today
Protein is the building blocks of muscles as well as bone, skin, hair, and nearly every other part of your …
- 7 Minutes. No Equipment. One Science-Backed Core Workout That Works
Working out is difficult for most people to do on a regular basis. The main issue that arises is making …
- The Many Benefits of Coriander Seed Oil and How to Use It
Coriander is a savory spice used extensively in Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It is the seed of the cilantro …
- 4 Diet Mistakes You’re Making that Only Create More Belly Fat
Many people (especially men) find that they accumulate abdominal fat that’s very hard to get rid of. This is especially …
- Teen Invents Bra That Can Save Millions After Mom Nearly Dies Of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is one of the main health concerns that women face in this day and age. For many, learning of …