Castor oil is an affordable and significantly underrated ingredient for natural remedies. Not only does castor oil offer many benefits for your body, it also can help clear blemishes, relieve back pain and heal temporary sprains.
With strong roots in holistic medicine, it comes highly recommended to fight many diseases (1).
Here’s a quick list of the many health benefits and uses of Castor Oil:
- Use Castor oil to treat wounds and bruises (2).
- By massaging your stomach with castor oil in the last 2 months of pregnancy prevents stretch marks (3).
- Wrists wrapped in castor oil overnight will rapidly heal injury (4).
- A few drops of castor oil in the ears can quickly treat hearing loss (5).
- Used regularly for four weeks, castor oil can safely and effectively remove warts (6).
- Massage feet daily with castor oil to remove calcium deposits (7).
- When combined with baking soda, castor oil has been proven effective in treating skin cancer (8).
- Relieve snoring after two-week application.
- Use Castor oil to relieve pain and itching from insect bites and bee stings (9).
- Alleviate chronic diarrhea by applying castor oil to cover the stomach (10).
- Speed up the healing of hepatitis (11).
- Eliminate nail fungus with daily use of the oil on effected areas.
- Can aid recovery from alcoholism (12).
- Applied to the lower back once a week, castor oil can help relieve pain (13).
- Help relieve the symptoms of ocular allergies by rubbing a bit of castor oil on the eyelids before sleeping (14).
- Get rid of pilonidal cysts by applying castor oil (15).
- Use daily for three months on the vocal cords to relieve chronic hoarseness (16).
- Just one drop of castor oil in your eye every night before sleeping can fight cataracts (17).
- It can be beneficial for the treatment of melanoma, when applied on a regular basis (18).
- Has been found to improve health in terminal phase of cancer (19).
- Massaging your head with castor oil for 20 minutes prior to shampooing will boost hair growth.
- Just 6-8 drops a day for one month can help get rid of tinnitus (20).
- Treat hyperactivity by applying castor oil to the stomach (21).
- Five drops of castor oil each morning can help treat allergies (22).
- Combine castor oil with baking soda to help lighten dark spots (23).
How To Make Castor Oil Wipes
Castor oil compresses are easy to make and highly effective. Simply gather some cold pressed oil, plastic sheet, a clean gauze or cotton flannel, hot water bottle and a towel.
Remember to clean your skin with baking soda before and after using the compress. Soak gauze in castor oil and apply to affected area, cover with plastic sheet and place hot water bottle over it. Wrap a towel over it and hold in place for at least an hour.
- 7 Easy Stretches For Better Flexibility And Complete Lower Back Pain Relief
Statistics for ailments like lower back pain are skyrocketing – according to the American Chiropractic Association, 31 million Americans are …
- How To Get A Deep Piriformis Stretch To Get Rid Of Pain In The Back, Hip, Buttocks & Legs
Lower back pain is very common and can be the result of a variety of causes. One of these isn’t …
- Got Back Pain When Sleeping? Here’s How to Fix It
One of those unfortunate signs of getting older is waking up stiff and sore. If you typically experience back pain …
- 18 Easy Stretches in 18 Minutes to Help Reduce Back Pain
Back pain is the second most common reason people seek medical attention. When your back hurts, every movement is difficult …
- Loosen Up with These 12 Hip Flexor Stretches
With the amount of sitting most of us have to do on a daily basis, it’s common for hip and …
- 4 Back Relief Tricks to Sleep All Night Like a Baby
Not getting enough sleep is an all-too-common problem in modern society. Even if you head to bed early to get …
- New Study Finds Yoga Better For Back Pain Than Standard Care
A new study has found that people suffering with long-term back pain experienced more improved back function compared to the …
- How To Correct Anterior Pelvic Tilt With These 13 Stretches
We don’t really think about how we stand and walk—it’s just how it’s done, right? Poor posture, however, can cause …
- Teen Has Severe Back Pain For Months Until A Chiropractor Does This For Him
After pulling out a tree root Muntathar experienced excruciating severe back pain which forced him into a extreme hunched position. …
- 17 Best Home Remedies for Back Pain Relief
For those of us who’ve experienced back pain, we know that there’s very little else that is as uncomfortable, inconvenient, …
- She Traveled The World To Study People With Low Rates of Back Pain…This Is What She Discovered
Back pain is a common and often disabling problem, affecting most Americans at some point or other in their lives. …
- 6 Back Pain Symptoms That Might Signal A More Serious Problem
Back pain is one of the most common aches and pains experienced in modern society. Often caused by a pulled …
- 6 Lesser-Known Ways To Deal With Lower Back Pain
Lower back pain can come from all sorts of sources, and there’s no one universal cure. Many people go through …
- 6 Exercises For Lasting Lower Back Pain Relief
There’s nothing like a bit of back pain to make it hard to get up in the morning. If you’ve …
- Press These Three Points And Back Pain Will Disappear Instantly – Here’s How
Back pain is no walk in the park. Since your back supports your spine, the muscles and nerves in these …