The chemical bisphenol A – or BPA for short – is used in tens of thousands of consumer products, but new studies are showing that we have been seriously misled with regards to the safety of the commonly used chemical. According to a study published in the Journal of Fertility and Sterility, BPA may be up to 100 times more toxic than initially suspected:
With the use of a culture system that we developed (foetal testis assay [FeTA]), we previously showed that 10 nmol/L BPA reduces basal testosterone secretion of human foetal testis explants and that the susceptibility to BPA is at least 100-fold lower in rat and mouse foetal testes.
According to the study, the dangers of BPA toxicity are not just limited to bisphenol A, but to lesser- known alternatives, specifically bisphenol F and bisphenol S, which are commonly included in products that are advertised as being “BPA-free”.
As a result, many consumers are purchasing products that are billed as being “BPA-free”, unaware that these products contain other bisphenol products that are just as, if not more, toxic than bisphenol A.
Repairing the Damage Done by BPA Exposure
While chemicals like bisphenol A, bisphenol S and bisphenol F are clearly unsafe for use, especially in products that come into contact with food and drink – like water bottles and plastic food containers – there is plenty of research that indicates that the effects of BPA can be mitigated or even reversed when eliminating it altogether is not an option.
According to recent studies, the following compounds have been notably beneficial in counteracting the effects of BPA toxicity:
1. Genistein: Genistein is a phytocompound, found in soy, red clover and coffee. It is capable of reducing the adverse effect of bisphenol A exposure.
2. Alpha Lipoid Acid: Commonly found in health food stores, this compound has been revealed to mitigated bisphenol A-induced testicular toxicity.
3. Probiotics: beneficial bacterial strains such as bifidobacterium breve and lactobacillus casei can help reduce the intestinal absorption of bisphenol A.
4. Folic Acid: This vitamin can mitigate the adverse epigenetic effects of bisphenol A.
5. Black Tea: Black tea is a natural herbal compound found to reduce the adverse effects of
bisphenol A on cells.
6. Kimchi Probiotics: This fermented cabbage extract has been found to contain a bacterial strain
which degrades bisphenol A.
7. Royal Jelly: This natural elixir can inhibit the estrogenic and potentially cancer-causing effects
of bisphenol A.
Obviously it’s best to avoid exposure to bisphenols as much as possible, but with BPA-containing products proliferating the marketplace exposure to these toxins is often as simple as drinking from a plastic water bottle, and can’t be avoided all the time.
Fortunately, as science catches up to the new threats posed by even small doses of BPA (as we have seen), more and more ways of mitigating the toxic effects of these chemicals are coming to light.
- Ice in 6 out of 10 Restaurants has More Bacteria Than Water From Toilets
A survey of ice served in ten British fast food restaurants found that at six of them, there were more …
- Eat This Much Turmeric Every Day To Treat Depression Better Than Prozac
Everyone experiences depression at some point in their life. It’s inevitable. It’s part of what makes us human. When depression …
- Work Before Ten AM Is “Torture”: Here’s How To Have More Energy
Waking up in the morning is easy, but getting out of bed with energy is hard. Since we can’t create …
- Calcium Alone Won’t Prevent Osteoporosis…You Also NEED These 3 Essential Nutrients!
We know that calcium is needed for tooth and bone support. What you may not know is that calcium doesn’t …
- 9 States Awaiting Marijuana Legislation in 2014
There are currently 21 states where marijuana is now legal, as of late March when Utah passed a bill to …
- The Healing Power of Music
Music is everywhere. We all use our car’s pre-set radio stations (or upgrade to satellite radio), music is piped into …
- He Put 3 Sponges In The Refrigerator – When You See Why, You Will Do The Same Thing!
The fresher your food, the more nutrients it retains. This is a basic concept that everyone understands. So what can do …
- Broccoli Component Could Help Prevent or Treat Breast Cancer
Although broccoli has previously been cited as a vegetable that can help to prevent and treat prostate cancer, recent studies …
- This Will Make Your Clothes Bright White And Fresh Like Spring. No Chemicals, Cheap And Easy!
There’s nothing like a stubborn stain to ruin your new shirt. Sure, you can use a chemical cleaner like bleach …
- Trucker Gets Off 25 Meds and Overcomes Cancer With Raw Food Diet!
Dave Conrardy is a former trucker who, not too long ago, was dying from cancer, heart disease, diabetes, kidney leakage, …
- 5 Popular Foods That Scrub Away Bad Bacteria To Give You Fresh Breath
Nobody likes to be told they have bad breath. If you’ve got a hot date coming up, you probably already …
- Canker Sores Are The Absolute WORST…Here’s How To Get Rid of Them Fast!
Almost everyone experiences a canker sore in their lifetime. These annoying mouth ulcers make talking and eating painful and difficult, but …
- Honey Wraps Gently Cures Cough And Removes Mucus From The Lungs In Just One Night!
Yes, that’s right, honey wraps can cure common colds very quickly. Cough and cold are minor ailments but sometimes it …
- 5 Ways to Reduce Inflammation Naturally
Inflammation is categorized as a condition that is physical and in which a certain part of the body becomes swollen, …
- 5 Dangers Associated With Drinking Alcohol You Don’t Know About But Should!
Sipping on a cocktail is an easy way to melt away the stresses of your day, but it comes with a hefty …