The chemical bisphenol A – or BPA for short – is used in tens of thousands of consumer products, but new studies are showing that we have been seriously misled with regards to the safety of the commonly used chemical. According to a study published in the Journal of Fertility and Sterility, BPA may be up to 100 times more toxic than initially suspected:
With the use of a culture system that we developed (foetal testis assay [FeTA]), we previously showed that 10 nmol/L BPA reduces basal testosterone secretion of human foetal testis explants and that the susceptibility to BPA is at least 100-fold lower in rat and mouse foetal testes.
According to the study, the dangers of BPA toxicity are not just limited to bisphenol A, but to lesser- known alternatives, specifically bisphenol F and bisphenol S, which are commonly included in products that are advertised as being “BPA-free”.
As a result, many consumers are purchasing products that are billed as being “BPA-free”, unaware that these products contain other bisphenol products that are just as, if not more, toxic than bisphenol A.
Repairing the Damage Done by BPA Exposure
While chemicals like bisphenol A, bisphenol S and bisphenol F are clearly unsafe for use, especially in products that come into contact with food and drink – like water bottles and plastic food containers – there is plenty of research that indicates that the effects of BPA can be mitigated or even reversed when eliminating it altogether is not an option.
According to recent studies, the following compounds have been notably beneficial in counteracting the effects of BPA toxicity:
1. Genistein: Genistein is a phytocompound, found in soy, red clover and coffee. It is capable of reducing the adverse effect of bisphenol A exposure.
2. Alpha Lipoid Acid: Commonly found in health food stores, this compound has been revealed to mitigated bisphenol A-induced testicular toxicity.
3. Probiotics: beneficial bacterial strains such as bifidobacterium breve and lactobacillus casei can help reduce the intestinal absorption of bisphenol A.
4. Folic Acid: This vitamin can mitigate the adverse epigenetic effects of bisphenol A.
5. Black Tea: Black tea is a natural herbal compound found to reduce the adverse effects of
bisphenol A on cells.
6. Kimchi Probiotics: This fermented cabbage extract has been found to contain a bacterial strain
which degrades bisphenol A.
7. Royal Jelly: This natural elixir can inhibit the estrogenic and potentially cancer-causing effects
of bisphenol A.
Obviously it’s best to avoid exposure to bisphenols as much as possible, but with BPA-containing products proliferating the marketplace exposure to these toxins is often as simple as drinking from a plastic water bottle, and can’t be avoided all the time.
Fortunately, as science catches up to the new threats posed by even small doses of BPA (as we have seen), more and more ways of mitigating the toxic effects of these chemicals are coming to light.
- Men With Bleeding Gums are TWICE as Likely to Suffer From Erectile Dysfunction
It’s all connected. Every cell in your body. Nothing works in isolation. A Turkish study on erectile dysfunction (ED) found …
- 15-Year-Old Puts Cancer Industry to Shame: Develops 100% Accurate Cancer Test Using Google
Pancreatic cancer is deadly. Only 5.5% of those diagnosed with the disease survive past five years. And that’s because it is …
- Eye Exam Used To Test Your Hearing?
Did you know that upwards of 11 million Americans could currently be seeing better, if only they had their eyes …
- 10 Most Common Types of Eating Disorders. #7 Involves Eating Sand and Dirt!
An eating disorder is something that can happen to anybody. According to the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated …
- Man Wears Ridiculous Pink Tutu For Good Cause
You might scratch your head when you see these photos and think “Why is that guy wearing a pink tutu?” …
- 6 Plants Other Than Cannabis That Are High in Cancer-Fighting Cannabinoids
The Western medical system is finally beginning to face the fact that marijuana is not a drug: it’s a medicine. …
- Animals’ Antibiotic Consumption Surpasses That Of Humans, Creating More Resistant Bacteria
Due to over-prescribing, many important antibiotics don’t work anymore. Antibiotic resistant bacteria are on the rise and have been for …
- Homemade Essential Oil Laundry Powder You Can Make In Minutes For Clean Fresh-Smelling Clothes
There are three types of label-readers: never, sometimes, and always. When it comes to food, there has been quite a …
- 5 Effective Ways To STOP The Constant Ringing in Your Ears
Have you ever noticed that your ears start to ring after leaving a concert hall or listening to an explosion? …
- The Truth About what Really Causes Cellulite and How to Help Get Rid of it Forever
There’s nothing as discouraging slipping into your favorite dress, looking in the mirror, and seeing cellulite. Cellulite doesn’t discriminate and …
- Watch How a Simple Walking Technique Can Improve Your Balance And Reduce Falls
Most of our public spaces and even our homes are well-lit and relatively easy to maneuver around. But there are …
- Nestle Plans To Hijack Michigan’s Water And Doesn’t Give A Damn About Flint Crisis
There are essentially two things we absolutely need to survive in the very short term. One is obviously air, the second …
- When He Got Diagnosed With Stage 4 Cancer, His Son Suggested That He Try THIS and It Worked!
Could you use something as simple as baking powder or baking soda to treat cancer? One man, Vernon Johnston, used …
- This Man Is Growing Tomatoes by The Dozens on Auto-Pilot Using ONLY Buckets (And No Electricity!)
Growing tomatoes on auto-pilot without manual labor? How does it work? The Alaska Grow Bucket design is based on a …
- These Foods Make Cancer Cells Grow In Your Body! Stop Eating Them Right Now!
We’ve come to know, through medical research and ancestral wisdom, that there are foods that contain certain nutrients that prevent …