Sleep used to be so easy. As a child, you likely had no problem falling asleep at night. But that’s all changed. Today, you probably count yourself lucky if you manage to sleep 5 hours a night. Lack of sleep has been shown to have many negative effects on the body. And for good reasons.
Sleep is the time during which your body heals and recovers. It’s also during sleep that your brain is able to release toxins that build up during the day. This is the reason why the majority of us spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping. It’s necessary.
If for some reason you’ve been experiencing difficulty falling asleep whether it’d be because of pain medication, blood pressure meds or the fact that you can’t seem to get off your phone, then this banana tea might just be what you need.
Banana-Infused Tea For Better Sleep (Recipe #1)
This banana-infused sleep remedy works just as good as it tastes.
How does it work?
Banana peels are jam-packed with potassium and magnesium. Both minerals help relax your muscles, especially magnesium, which is well-known for being the “most relaxing mineral” in the body.
Make sure you use 100% organic bananas for this recipe. Conventional bananas are loaded with harmful pesticides, which you’ll want to avoid.
Making banana tea takes approximately 10 minutes and can be enjoyed every night before bed.
- 1 organic banana
- 1 small pot of water
- a dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Cut off both ends of the banana and place it into boiling water.
- Let it boil for around 10 minutes.
- Using a colander, pour the water into a mug.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon into the tea.
- Drink it one hour before going to sleep.
If you’re worried about being wasteful, don’t. You can eat the boiled banana like a regular banana.
In fact, eating the warm, gooey fruit and its peel together with the tea will increase its soothing effects. Just sprinkle some cinnamon on it to turn it into a healthy dessert!
Creamy Banana Tea (Recipe #2)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon carob (instead of chocolate so there is no caffeine)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (also helps in sleep).
- Boil water and add the ingredients and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Strain, and enjoy 30-60 min before bed!