Sleep used to be so easy. As a child, you likely had no problem falling asleep at night.
But that’s all changed. Today, you probably count yourself lucky if you manage to sleep 5 hours a night.
Lack of sleep has been shown to have many negative effects on the body. And for good reasons.
Sleep is the time during which your body heals and recovers. It’s also during sleep that your brain is able to release toxins that build up during the day.
This is the reason why the majority of us spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping. It’s necessary.
If for some reason you’ve been experiencing difficulty falling asleep whether it’d be because of pain medication, blood pressure meds or the fact that you can’t seem to get off your phone, then this banana tea might just be what you need.
Banana-Infused Tea For Better Sleep
This banana-infused sleep remedy works just as good as it tastes.
How does it work?
Banana peels are jam-packed with potassium and magnesium. Both minerals help relax your muscles, especially magnesium, which is well-known for being the “most relaxing mineral” in the body.
Make sure you use 100% organic bananas for this recipe. Conventional bananas are loaded with harmful pesticides, which you’ll want to avoid.
Making banana tea takes approximately 10 minutes and can be enjoyed every night before bed.
- 1 organic banana
- 1 small pot of water
- a dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Cut off both ends of the banana and place it into boiling water.
- Let it boil for around 10 minutes.
- Using a colander, pour the water into a mug.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon into the tea.
- Drink it one hour before going to sleep.
If you’re worried about being wasteful, don’t. You can eat the boiled banana like a regular banana.
In fact, eating the warm, gooey fruit and its peel together with the tea will increase its soothing effects. Just sprinkle some cinnamon on it to turn it into a healthy dessert!
- Nation’s First Soda Tax Passes In Berkeley, California
Big Soda took a loss on Election Day when voters in Berkeley, California approved a ballot measure that will place …
- What Skin Cancer Survivors Tell You about Sun Safety
As April rolls in, you’ll begin to see summer supplies fill store shelves in preparation for the warmer months. Tanning …
- This Is What Your Farts Reveal About Your Health
Being gassy is never fun, especially when you’re surrounded by other people. Most people think that they fart more than …
- The Latest Anti Aging Treatment… Bleach Bath?
While many of us will have bleach in our homes as a cleaning agent, recent research has suggested that this …
- The Dangers of Air Fresheners (Plus 10 Natural Options)
You’ve probably seen the commercial: A mom walks into a teenager’s room, takes a sniff and tells him no “nice” …
- Onions Can Help You With These 5 Health Conditions
The best part of about onions is peeling them layer by layer. Onions are nearly never eaten on their own, …
- 6 Key Nutrients Women Need as They Age
The specific composition of women’s bodies means that it’s important they get enough of certain vitamins and minerals, in order …
- Heal Your Neck Pain And Stiff Joints With This Homemade Essential Oils Cream
More than 50% of adults have had neck pain during the past year. Office worker are even more likely to …
- 7 Sneaky Migraine Triggers
There is a clear difference between headaches and migraines. The former usually fades over time or with the help of …
- Ginger Water For Rapid Weight Loss – The Healthiest Drink That Melts Fat!
As with many other spices and herbs, ginger is well-known around the world for its health benefits. Often used in …
- This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Get Aspartame Poisoning From Diet Sodas
You may have never heard about it but aspartame poisoning is very real. Also known under different names such as …
- 10+ Signs You Have a Toxic Tooth Infection and How to Treat it Without Going to the Dentist
There are three types of dental abscess: Ginginval – infection of gum tissue Periodontal – infection in supporting bone tissue …
- 5 Key Nutrients to Boost The Immune System
Our immune system does a remarkable job of defending us against disease-causing microorganisms. Unfortunately, sometimes it is overrun by too …
- Widely Prescribed Drug Deactivates Stem Cells Responsible For Cellular Repair Causing Rapid Aging
Statins, the widely prescribed class of drugs said to lower “bad” cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart problems, has …
- Monsanto’s Glyphosate Poisoning Lake Erie, Causing Toxic Algae Blooms Responsible For Killing Fish
Mention the name “Monsanto” and you are sure to get a rise from almost everyone these days. This behemoth biotech …