Sleep used to be so easy. As a child, you likely had no problem falling asleep at night.
But that’s all changed. Today, you probably count yourself lucky if you manage to sleep 5 hours a night.
Lack of sleep has been shown to have many negative effects on the body. And for good reasons.
Sleep is the time during which your body heals and recovers. It’s also during sleep that your brain is able to release toxins that build up during the day.
This is the reason why the majority of us spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping. It’s necessary.
If for some reason you’ve been experiencing difficulty falling asleep whether it’d be because of pain medication, blood pressure meds or the fact that you can’t seem to get off your phone, then this banana tea might just be what you need.
Banana-Infused Tea For Better Sleep
This banana-infused sleep remedy works just as good as it tastes.
How does it work?
Banana peels are jam-packed with potassium and magnesium. Both minerals help relax your muscles, especially magnesium, which is well-known for being the “most relaxing mineral” in the body.
Make sure you use 100% organic bananas for this recipe. Conventional bananas are loaded with harmful pesticides, which you’ll want to avoid.
Making banana tea takes approximately 10 minutes and can be enjoyed every night before bed.
- 1 organic banana
- 1 small pot of water
- a dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Cut off both ends of the banana and place it into boiling water.
- Let it boil for around 10 minutes.
- Using a colander, pour the water into a mug.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon into the tea.
- Drink it one hour before going to sleep.
If you’re worried about being wasteful, don’t. You can eat the boiled banana like a regular banana.
In fact, eating the warm, gooey fruit and its peel together with the tea will increase its soothing effects. Just sprinkle some cinnamon on it to turn it into a healthy dessert!
- States With Medical Marijuana Have Fewer Painkiller Overdose Deaths
We’re finally on the right track. At least the statistics indicate so. For decades, marijuana has been illegal for growth, …
- Vitamin B17 May Treat Cancer But Is Illegal In The U.S.!
Ever hear of vitamin B17? Probably not. It’s found in nuts, berries, leafy greens, sprouts, tubers, and in abundance in …
- Study: Drinking Coffee Might Lower Risk of Liver Cancer
Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), the most common type of liver cancer to you and me, could have its chances of developing …
- 5 Natural Ways To Keep Your Gums Healthy And Disease Free
Gum disease, or periodontal disease, is common, especially in the United States – many adults have some form of gum …
- 8 Habits of Unhappy People You Need To Avoid At All Cost
Happiness is something we all want. Sometimes, it’s easy to achieve. Especially when everything in your life seems to be …
- 10 Ways to Burn 100 Calories Without Even Trying
#1 Stand Up Stand Up! Yes, it really is that simple. By simply standing, instead of sitting, our bodies burn …
- Warning: Never Go To Bed Wearing THIS On Your Wrist or You Could End Up In a Hospital For Surgery
A lot of women do this daily without a second thought. They wear their hair bands on their wrist. If nobody ever told you, …
- Asthma Can Be Reduced By Increasing Vitamin D Levels And Consuming Ginger
Patients with chronic inflammatory diseases, such as asthma are typically vitamin D deficient and can benefit from both increases in …
- Never Buy Laundry Detergent Again By Switching To This 5-Ingredient Mixture
Laundry detergent doesn’t just clean your clothes, it also harms your lungs. Surprised? A University of Washington study found that …
- Candida Overgrowth – 12 Things to Avoid If You Have It
Many women suffer from recurrent yeast infections. Candida albicans is a naturally-occurring microorganism (technically, a fungus) that lives in the …
- 64 Year Old Man Was Sentenced to 30 Days in Jail for Collecting Rainwater on His Own Property.
Many people–especially those living in suburban and rural areas–try to live more sustainable lives, relying less on others to provide …
- This Is How Often You Should Clean These 15 Household Items
How often do you clean household items? If you’re like most Americans, you probably clean at least once a week …
- Less Than 1 Tsp of Ginger and Cinnamon Daily Can Help Relieve Muscle Soreness In Athletes
Muscle soreness and fatigue are two major deterrents for people who exercise at a high intensity. Many well-intentioned workout resolutions …
- Numbers of Lawsuits Skyrocketing Against “The Most Financially Successful Drug of All Time”
Maybe it’s a coincidence. But probably not. After the patent for Lipitor expired in 2011, the Food and Drug Administration …
- Eat Probiotic-Rich Foods Everyday To Improve Memory And Reduce Anxiety
Your body contains a truly massive amount of bacteria – over ten times the amount of your own cells! So it’s …