- 1 organic banana
- 1 small pot of water
- a dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Cut off both ends of the banana and place it into boiling water.
- Let it boil for around 10 minutes.
- Using a colander, pour the water into a mug.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon into the tea.
- Drink it one hour before going to sleep.
If you’re worried about being wasteful, don’t. You can eat the boiled banana like a regular banana.
In fact, eating the warm, gooey fruit and its peel together with the tea will increase its soothing effects. Just sprinkle some cinnamon on it to turn it into a healthy dessert!
Creamy Banana Tea (Recipe #2)
- 1 banana
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon carob (instead of chocolate so there is no caffeine)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon (also helps in sleep).
- Boil water and add the ingredients and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Strain, and enjoy 30-60 min before bed!