Snoring can be a major problem when it comes to sleeping, both for the snorer and their spouse. How do you stop snoring naturally? Here are 8 simple tips to help you.
1. Sleep on Your Side
One of the simplest ways to stop snoring is to change your sleep position. When you sleep on your back “the base of your tongue and the soft palate collapse to the back wall of your throat,” according to WebMD.
This results in the vibrating sound associated with snoring. If you are having trouble maintaining this position then some suggestions have been to use a full body pillow which encourages you to sleep on your side.
2. No Alcohol Before Bed
Not only can alcohol encourage snoring but it has also been found to have negative effects on sleep apnea and some people who snored before without this condition showed signs of it after drinking alcohol before bed .
3. Control Allergens in Your Home and Bedroom
Another problem that may be contributing towards your snoring are allergens in your home, in your bedroom or in your pillows. Try changing your pillows, make sure everything is well dusted and keep pets out of the bedroom.
4. Clear Your Nasal Passages Before Bed
Snoring may often occur when you have colds, flu or other nasal problems whereby the nasal passages become blocked. Try taking a hot shower or using a saltwater rinse to clear nasal passages before bed if the snoring seems to be coming from your nose.
5. Stay Well Hydrated
We’ve all heard of the importance of drinking plenty of water and keeping hydrated and it is no different when it comes to snoring. Not being properly hydrated can actually lead to more snoring. So make sure you are getting enough water daily.
6. Stop Smoking
Smoking increases your risk of both snoring and sleep apnea by inflaming your nasal passages and causing other throat issues. If you currently smoke and want to stop snoring then try giving up cigarettes . Not only can smoking cause snoring but also a host of other, more serious, diseases and disorders.
7. Use Herbal Remedies and Aromatherapy
A number of herbs and essential oils can assist with relieving snoring and the advantage with these is that often they don’t only treat the symptoms but also the cause. Herbs that open up the airways such as Echinacea and Fenugreek and others such as ginger can be particularly helpful in combating snoring.
8. Try a Mouth Guard or Other Stop-Snoring Equipment
Some people have had success using a mouth guard to stop snoring which helps to support the mouth and jaw. Speak to your doctor or dentist about what options may be available to you and what would work best in your specific situation.
Snoring can be a real problem when it comes to getting a good night’s rest and result in fatigue and problems during the day. Try these natural solutions to stop snoring and get some good rest.[mks_toggle title=”sources” state=”close “]
- 10 Unusual Ways to Live Longer
Want to live longer? Check out these ten unusual ways to extend your longevity. 1. Wait Longer to Retire While …
- Beware: This Common Ingredient In Toothpaste Causes Cancer And Liver Damage!
If you think antibacterial products are good for your health, think again. One of the main antibacterial products in toothpaste, …
- How To Grow Organic Wheatgrass At Home (The Most Alkalizing Food You Should Be Eating Every Day!)
Wheatgrass is the latest trend in healthy eating that has people scratching their heads. Wheatgrass isn’t the same kind of …
- This Natural Grout Cleaner Doesn’t Produce Any Toxic Fumes And Keeps Your Tiles Clean And Spotless!
Your bathroom is one of the most contaminated areas of your home, other than your kitchen. It’s not just full …
- How to Measure and Protect Your Hearing
Did you know that 1 in 5 people in the U.S. suffer from hearing loss, and that 80% of those …
- 6 Surprising Reasons Why You’re Having Trouble Remembering Things
Everyone has moments of forgetfulness – you misplace your keys, or forget where you put your phone – but these …
- The Benefits of Standing Desks
If you’re a business owner or have a home office, you might be interested to learn about the benefits of …
- Social Interaction Found To Be As Essential As Food and Water
It may be hard to believe but social networking may serve a basic human need. A growing body of research …
- Eat Two Kiwi Fruits an Hour Before Bedtime And Get an Extra Hour of Sleep, Study Finds
Studies have shown that one in three adults suffers from insomnia or symptoms of insomnia, meaning that one in three …
- It Just Keeps on Getting Weirder. Coke Is Going To Try And Sell You Premium Milk.
Soda sales are falling, so Coca-Cola is getting ready to sell us a new drink. You may have heard of …
- Do These 2 Things Everyday To Protect Your Brain From Alzheimer’s
There is an outdated school of thought which believes that once you’ve reached physical maturity, your brain ceases to make …
- Say Cheese! Incredible Ultrasound Captures Baby Smiling in His Mother’s Womb
5-month-old Leo David Hargreaves born in the UK has been smiling since before he was born, and he hasn’t stopped …
- 4 Little Known Herbs That Help Protect Your Heart
Worried about your risk of stroke or heart attack? Maybe you have high cholesterol? In addition to medicine prescribed by …
- Classified Documents Reveal Monsanto Knew About Glyphosate Link to Cancer 35 Years Ago
Roundup is the most popular herbicide on the planet. It’s made by Monsanto, a multi-billion dollar corporation headquartered in St. …
- 6 Ways to Balance Hormones Naturally
Hormones are biochemicals that regulate how the body functions. When it comes down to it, they play a part in …