One of the current crazes in healthy living is the detox, or a systematic cleansing of the body to rid it of any toxins.
While many brush detoxing aside as silly or unnecessary, research shows that toxins really are everywhere, and they can have a negative affect on your body.
Here are 7 things that you should know about toxins in your daily life.
1. Toxins Are Everywhere
A key fact that you should know is that toxins are everywhere. Toxins can be found in the food we eat (e.g. food additives, MSG, aspartame), the water we drink, the air we breathe (e.g. carbon monoxide produced by vehicles), and the chemicals used in all types of daily products. While there is no way to avoid all toxins, you can do your part by avoiding toxins that come from smoking cigarettes and increasing your intake of natural whole foods.
2. Most Americans Are Polluted
Unfortunately, research shows that the majority of Americans alive today carry over 700 synthetic chemicals along with heavy metals. The high toxicity often found in older individuals implies that we are becoming more and more toxic as we age and come into contact with various toxins.
3. The Chemical Industry is Booming
Did you know that most of the chemicals that enter our lives every day are untested? Across the world, the chemical industry is booming with $3.7 trillion in annual sales. The United States comprises nearly 19% of the industry; however, these chemicals and their affects on our health remain untested. The effects that this large industry will have on the health of our population in the long run are completely unknown.
4. Toxins Are Hidden
Toxins are not something that you can see, smell, or taste. In fact, in a single day, most people face exposure to hundreds of unique synthetic chemicals. These are found most commonly in our personal hygiene products as well as food and beverages. To avoid toxins, do not use products with ingredients that you do not recognize and avoid processed foods.
5. You Can Afford Whole Foods
Whole foods may be more expensive, but it can save you a lot of money in long term healthcare costs. In addition, if the demand for such food rises, the supply will also grow, and natural produce will ultimately become more affordable. Avoid processed foods now to preserve your health and help produce a future with more whole food at better prices.
6. Toxins Are Detrimental to Your Health
While many believe that toxins cannot be that harmful since they affect everyone, toxins have proven negative health effects. These include cancer, depression, multiple sclerosis, obesity, fibromyalgia, asthma, lupus, and many more. Avoiding toxins can help keep you safe from these detrimental diseases.
7. Change is Possible
Finally, the most important thing to keep in mind when it comes to toxins is that change is possible. You can avoid most toxins from foods by buying whole foods instead of processed junk. Pay attention to any ingredients that you don’t recognize. You can also use the sauna or do hot yoga to help detoxify your body. Working to eliminate toxins from your life and from your body will ensure a healthier future.
- Simple 3-Step Technique To Relieve Stiff Neck Pain In Just 90 Seconds
Most stiff necks occur from sleeping in an awkward position. It can also be caused by improper posture. Neck stiffness …
- Painless Trick To Remove Stubborn Splinters In Your Skin Using Only a Bottle
There’s nothing quite like a stubborn splinter to ruin your day. The smaller they are, the harder they are to get …
- How to Start Reversing Any Autoimmune Condition In Weeks
According to a worldwide study of autoimmune diseases published last year, “Epidemiological data provide evidence of a steady rise in …
- Women Who Jump At Least 10X a Day Show Greater Hipbone Density Than Those Who Don’t
Anyone for a spot of bone jarring? As it has been proven that bones should, and need to be jarred …
- Big Pharma Seeks Legal Immunity from Damage due to Emergency Ebola Vaccines
The same drug manufacturers that stand to profit immensely from the sale of Ebola vaccines say they require full legal …
- 9 Scary Facts That You Should Know About Diabetes (Even If You Don’t Have It)
Diabetes is a disease that affects nearly 10% of the U.S. population, and yet it’s a disease that so few …
- 9 Simple Things You Can Do Right Now To De-Stress
We all experience and deal with stress in different ways, but there are some universal constants. Stress triggers hormones like …
- Napping Can Dramatically Increase Learning, Memory, Awareness, and More
Siesta. In some countries, an afternoon nap is part of the culture; to escape the afternoon heat, rest, and re-energize. …
- Drink This 2-Ingredient Remedy Before Breakfast To Detox Your Fatty Liver
Your liver filters your blood and eliminates any toxins it may contain. It also plays a role in metabolism and …
- Cut a Few Lemons and Place Them On The Bedside In Your Bedroom – Here’s Why!
We often take our sense of smell for granted. Without it, our sense of taste would be severely hampered. Memories …
- Video LITERALLY Shows You What Happens to Your Lungs When You Smoke…And It’s Not Pretty!
In light of the many negative effects of smoking and health issues revolving around cigarettes, various gruesome ad campaigns have …
- 6 Weird Reasons for Erectile Dysfunction. #5 Will Definitely Surprise You.
In the United States, approximately 30 million men regularly experience erectile dysfunction (ED): the consistent inability to achieve or maintain …
- Cut Your Watermelon THIS Way And Never Have Juice Dripping Down Your Chin Again!
Watermelon isn’t just a healthy snack: it’s a summer staple. Perhaps one of the most popular ways to eat it …
- 5 Essential Lifestyle Habits for a Healthy Heart
Your heart supplies blood to all of your organs, without it functioning properly, you’re going to be in trouble! Check …
- 9 Plants To Attract Positive Energy In Your Home And Office
Your home is your sanctuary, so why not attract more positive energy in your home? Being surrounded by nature can …