Coconut is a true superfood.
It you don’t like the texture of coconut oil or coconut meat, you can still get similar benefits by drinking coconut water.
Rehydrate Your Body With Coconut Water
It’s been used in tropical regions to intravenously rehydrate patients in emergency situations (1). This is possible because coconut water is sterile and has a similar structure to blood plasma in the human bloodstream (2).
You can also drink it after a workout to balance your electrolytes (3). An imbalance of these essentials minerals can lead to hypertension (4, 5). Since coconut water only contains potassium, sodium and magnesium, it should be taken with table salt for complete restoration (6).
1. Weight Management
Coconut water is full of fiber, proteins, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals (7). It’s a great way to manage an over-ambitious appetite.
2. Skin Tonic
To Moisturize: Soak cotton in coconut water and dab it on your face. Leave until it’s completely absorbed.
Smooth Skin Mask
- 2 ½ tbsp of turmeric paste or powder
- 1 glass of coconut water
- 3 tsp of red sandalwood powder
- Mix ingredients together
- Apply to a clean, dry face
- Massage into skin for 10 minutes
- Leave until dry (be careful, turmeric will stain clothes!)
- Remove with clean hands, rinse with coconut water
- Pat face dry
3. Use It As An Antidermatophytic To Treat Ringworms
Apply coconut water on affected area and leave overnight. For an extra potent treatment, mix equal parts coconut water and turmeric powder. Apply three times a day until your skin heals.
4. Immune Support
Coconut water boosts the immune system and helps heal your body. It’s not only antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral but also antioxidant, hypoglycemic and hepatoprotective(8).
Immune Boost Elixir
- 1 Lemon
- 1″ Ginger Root
- 1″ Turmeric Root
- 1 tbsp Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup Coconut Water
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Juice lemon, ginger and turmeric into a cup
- Add coconut water & honey
- Stir well
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper
- Drink immediately and enjoy!
5. Lower Bad Cholesterol
Drinking coconut water every day lowers bad cholesterol and raise levels of HDL cholesterol (9). It can also help diminish fat stored in the liver, heart, kidney and aorta.
- Reforming Picky Eaters: Get Your Kids to Eat Healthier
If your kids are ridiculously picky eaters, you’re not alone. The trick to getting your kids to eat healthy food …
- Researchers Finally Have Tangible Proof That Eating Spices Significantly Reduces Inflammation
Researchers in Gainesville, Florida have released the results of a brilliant experiment, essentially proving something that has been suspected for …
- Using Splenda Raises Insulin Production by 20% and May Increase Diabetes Risk
Everyone knows that sugar can be bad for your health. Too much of it can lead to some pretty negative …
- The Effects of Chemicals in Processed Food Can Be Made Worse by The Presence of Other Chemicals
We know that chemicals in processed foods are bad for us, but they may be even worse for us than …
- 3 Valentine’s Day Indulgences That Also Support Your Health
With cupid’s holiday approaching quickly, it’s a welcoming thought that there are actually delicious Valentine’s Day treats that are also …
- Weird Looking Food is a Nutritional Powerhouse
This is a one of a kind food that you should immediately start adding to your diet as often as …
- 10 Dead Simple Food Rules to Live by for Flawless Skin
There are many foods beneficial for our skin, but few match the nutrient capabilities of the following in terms of …
- 11 Amazing Uses for Onions You Never Knew About (From Insomnia to Preventing Cancer)
Onions–you either love ’em or you hate ’em. If you love ’em, you’re in luck: onions are part of the …
- Top 5 Reasons Why You Need To Cut Back on Fructose
Many diets, such as the Paleo diet, advise against consuming large amounts of sugar. There’s a good reason for this: …
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Diet Soda
Unfortunately, the food and beverages that we like the most are often the ones that can cause great harm to …
- The 9 Most Overrated Health Foods
There are plenty of “superfoods” out there that are supposedly the healthiest things you can possibly eat… but not all …
- Food Companies Spend Millions of Dollars to Hide Their GMO Ingredients
What do PepsiCo, Campbell’s Soup, General Mills, Kellogg’s, Hershey, Nestlé USA all have in common? They have all contributed to …
- Is Your Energy Drink and Alcohol Combo a Danger to Your Health
There is a trend amongst people in the United States to enjoy mixing alcoholic beverages with energy drinks. This is …
- Eat More Omega-3s With 6 Walnut Recipes
Walnuts are one of the best plant-based sources of Omega-3s that you can find, and these mildly-flavored nuts pack in …
- 7 Foods Your Heart Wished You Would Stop Eating
Heart attacks occur when the arteries in the body supplying blood become clogged. Unhealthy lifestyle habits such as smoking and lack …