Coconut is a true superfood.
It you don’t like the texture of coconut oil or coconut meat, you can still get similar benefits by drinking coconut water.
Rehydrate Your Body With Coconut Water
It’s been used in tropical regions to intravenously rehydrate patients in emergency situations (1). This is possible because coconut water is sterile and has a similar structure to blood plasma in the human bloodstream (2).
You can also drink it after a workout to balance your electrolytes (3). An imbalance of these essentials minerals can lead to hypertension (4, 5). Since coconut water only contains potassium, sodium and magnesium, it should be taken with table salt for complete restoration (6).
1. Weight Management
Coconut water is full of fiber, proteins, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals (7). It’s a great way to manage an over-ambitious appetite.
2. Skin Tonic
To Moisturize: Soak cotton in coconut water and dab it on your face. Leave until it’s completely absorbed.
Smooth Skin Mask
- 2 ½ tbsp of turmeric paste or powder
- 1 glass of coconut water
- 3 tsp of red sandalwood powder
- Mix ingredients together
- Apply to a clean, dry face
- Massage into skin for 10 minutes
- Leave until dry (be careful, turmeric will stain clothes!)
- Remove with clean hands, rinse with coconut water
- Pat face dry
3. Use It As An Antidermatophytic To Treat Ringworms
Apply coconut water on affected area and leave overnight. For an extra potent treatment, mix equal parts coconut water and turmeric powder. Apply three times a day until your skin heals.
4. Immune Support
Coconut water boosts the immune system and helps heal your body. It’s not only antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral but also antioxidant, hypoglycemic and hepatoprotective(8).
Immune Boost Elixir
- 1 Lemon
- 1″ Ginger Root
- 1″ Turmeric Root
- 1 tbsp Manuka Honey
- 1/2 cup Coconut Water
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Juice lemon, ginger and turmeric into a cup
- Add coconut water & honey
- Stir well
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper
- Drink immediately and enjoy!
5. Lower Bad Cholesterol
Drinking coconut water every day lowers bad cholesterol and raise levels of HDL cholesterol (9). It can also help diminish fat stored in the liver, heart, kidney and aorta.
- 4 Ayurvedic Herbs That Help Support Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
Ayurvedic medicine practices date back to pre-Biblical times. Ayurvedic medicine prioritizes a holistic approach to healing, using plant-derived medicines, many …
- Study Reveals what Really Makes up Fast Food Chicken Nuggets
Recently, a study made waves when it revealed fast food chicken nuggets are a whole lot less chicken meat and …
- Eating Beans And Other Legumes Help Cut The Risk of 5 Deadly Cancers
If you’re worried about cancer, including beans in meal planning could go a long way to ease your mind. Research …
- Freeze This, Not That! Here’s a Practical Guide On How Long You Can Freeze Your Food
Fruit is great, but can you freeze it? What about veggies? Or meat? The answer may surprise you, but it …
- 27 Healthy Snacks That Will Help You Lose Weight Without Even Trying
Obesity isn’t a small problem, it’s actually a life-threatening condition that directly causes a multitude of other illnesses, including diabetes, …
- Is Subway Just as Unhealthy as McDonald’s?
If you watched the London Olympics last summer, you saw – every couple of minutes, it seemed – a parade …
- Turmeric: Not Just for Curry
Originating from India and south east Asia, Turmeric has now become a highly researched and readily available plant. It has …
- Why You Should Drink THIS Warm Turmeric Water In The Morning
Turmeric is one of the most commonly used spices in the world. It’s what gives curries their characteristic orange-yellow color. …
- 5 Killer Plant-Based Foods For Building Muscle
Who said that vegetarians don’t get enough protein? It turns out there are plenty of good sources of natural plant-based …
- Grain-Free Flatbread Recipe: 10 Healthy Ways to Keep Bread In Your Diet
True celiac disease is relatively uncommon. It is an autoimmune condition in which your body simply cannot process the proteins …
- 7 Worthy Reasons To Add Parsley To Your Meals
Parsley is pretty which is why it’s used as a garnish. Like most other pretty things, it’s much more complex …
- 5 Antioxidant-Rich Blackberry Recipes
Blackberries are so much more than a dessert fruit staple. Not only are they able to help keep you looking …
- Study Exposes The Exact Effect of Energy Drinks On The Heart (And It’s Not Pretty!)
Energy Drinks have been found to cause irreversible damage to tooth enamel and detrimentally affect the contraction of the heart. …
- 3 Powerful Ways To Shield Your Brain From Memory Loss
The scariest part of aging is the thought that someday you may not recognize your loved ones or remember your …
- Cancer in a Can: The Shocking Truth Behind Pringles
Are you aware of the dangerous cancer-causing chemical that is present in almost every bottle or bag of potato chips? …