Have you ever considered switching to a plant-based diet?
A plant-based diet does not mean eliminating meat and dairy products entirely; it instead consists of focusing your diet on fruits and vegetables along with whole grains and legumes.
Plant-based diets are very healthy because they bring many nutrients to your body along with fewer calories. They also help prevent diseases, and remove toxins from your body. Check out the top 5 reasons why you should consider a plant-based diet.
1. Feel Fuller With Fewer Calories
One of the best benefits of a plant-based diet is that you can limit your caloric intake and lose weight. With processed foods, you often consume “empty calories,” which refers to foods that have a lot of calories but provide very little nutritional value. As a result, we end up having to eat more calories than what our bodies require.
In most cases, our craving for junk foods can be taken care of by eating more veggies. If you eat a plant-based diet, you will take in more nutrients and feel fuller – all while consuming fewer calories, which can help you with weight loss.
2. Many Antioxidants & Essential Minerals
Another benefit of focusing your diet on fruits and vegetables is that these food items contain many essential minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants. Vitamins and minerals contribute greatly to health in all parts of your body, including your eyesight, bones, organ function, and overall immune system. Antioxidants are great for your body because they can help protect your body’s cells from free radicals.
3. Decreased Risk for Many Diseases
A plant-based diet has also been shown to decrease your risk of many different diseases. First, you are less likely to suffer a stroke or develop heart disease . The studies are inconclusive, but they suggest that it is the nutrients in fruits and vegetables that contribute to this.
A plant-based diet is also beneficial for lowering your blood pressure and your cholesterol due to the added fiber. In addition, eating more veggies can prevent type 2 diabetes because it helps control blood sugar. Finally, you can keep your immune system healthy with a plant-based diet.
4. Helps the Body Cleanse & Detoxify
Eating whole vegetables also has the benefit of helping your body cleanse and detoxify. If you switch to a vegan diet, you will first avoid many toxins because you will be eating less processed foods. Second, you will increase your fiber intake, as well as your water intake, through fruits and vegetables. This will aid your digestive system in removing waste and toxins from your body.
5. Gives You An Energy Boost
If you find yourself struggling to maintain your energy level throughout the day, a plant-based diet may be the right choice for you. This diet will give you more energy because the foods are rich in enzymes. Raw foods in particular will provide you with more enzymes. In addition, this type of diet takes much less energy out of you to digest, which leaves you with more energy to do the things you love.
- 5 Foods You Should Stop Eating (and What To Eat Instead)
There are many foods in this world you would have been better off never eating. This is especially true for …
- The Effects of Chemicals in Processed Food Can Be Made Worse by The Presence of Other Chemicals
We know that chemicals in processed foods are bad for us, but they may be even worse for us than …
- Is Water Fluoridation Contributing to the Obesity Epidemic?
Fluoridated water is the norm all across America. Most people don’t think twice about this practice. After all, if it …
- According to Researchers, Fruits Lose Over 80 Percent of Antioxidants After Being Refrigerated
Freeze-drying strawberries keeps all their Vitamin C and polyphenols and 92% of their antioxidants, saving more nutrients than by chilling …
- The 5 Healthiest & 5 Worst Condiments for Your Body
When it comes to how you like to dress up a hot-dog or hamburger, your options go beyond mayonnaise and mustard. Different …
- 27 Healthy Snacks That Will Help You Lose Weight Without Even Trying
Obesity isn’t a small problem, it’s actually a life-threatening condition that directly causes a multitude of other illnesses, including diabetes, …
- Unhealthy Gut Bacteria Makes It Harder For You To Lose Weight But These 18 Foods Can Fix This!
You might not think much about it but your microbiome actually plays a role in your ability to lose weight and …
- Concerning Study: Commonly Used Sweetener is More Toxic than Sugar and Reduces Lifespan
It’s used in almost everything you eat. If you want to avoid it, only eat REAL food and skip the processed junk. The …
- Top 27 Alkaline Foods On The Planet (Eat More To Prevent Cancer, Obesity and Heart Disease)
The western lifestyle has prioritized convenience over quality in many aspect of everyday life. This is what’s led countless of …
- Slice Potatoes And Put Them In A Muffin Pan. They’ll Come Out Of The Oven A Family Favorite!
Potatoes are the ultimate comfort food. Easy to digest, potatoes have been a staple for people living in areas with …
- Alkalizing Aloe Vera Pineapple Juice To Purify Your Blood And Detox Your Kidneys
The aloe vera plant is a miraculous healing superfood. It’s considered to be one of the oldest healing remedies and natural antibiotics in …
- Eating Slower Really Does Lead to Weight Loss
When you’re a kid, you tend to believe pretty much everything your parents tell you. But once you move into …
- Will Eating Too Many Fruits Make Me Fat?
Most of us generally think of fruit as a healthy snack or addition to a meal, but many diets and …
- 12 Uses For Cloves – A Wonder Spice With One of The World’s Highest Antioxidant Value
On the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) scale used by the National Institute on Aging in the National Institutes of …
- The Fastest Way to Improve Your Diet
When considering a healthy diet, many people have come to understand that nothing happens overnight. Instead, it is understood that …